Class of 2017 - Wants for the rest of the class | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Wants for the rest of the class

I think the staff feel like they have a shot with Wright. I feel Fagan will commit to LSU at some point. I think they feel good about TFD ( I personally think he's waiting to see what the other high profile Maryland RB does). Harper they feel good about. Hunt, I know nothing about. Sutherland is not happening

Not sure how many more openings we have left; but I'll take DT Martin out of NY, DE Wright out of Fl, and a couple of OLD.

Harper, Wright, Jordan, Hunt and Reaves and this staff is off to an amazing start.

Almost forgot TFD.

Am I mistaken has it been stated that we want one more DB? I can't remember the quote from Melifonwu if he took the last DB spot or said one more is open.

Of the players I know of right now:

DB - Harrison Hand
DT - Romello Martin
DT - Curtis Harper
DE - Jordan Wright

TE - Charles Reeves / Blake Williams
WR - Eddie Lewis
RB - FleetDavis
OL - Tyran Hunt
C - Johnny Jordan

I think we take a full class.

Am I mistaken has it been stated that we want one more DB? I can't remember the quote from Melifonwu if he took the last DB spot or said one more is open.

DB - Harrison Hand
DT - Romello Martin
DT - Curtis Harper
DE - Jordan Wright

WR - Eddie Lewis
RB - FleetDavis
OL - Tyran Hunt
C - Johnny Jordan

Do you think we still take Lewis with RTB on board?

DB - Harrison Hand
DT - Romello Martin
DT - Curtis Harper
DE - Jordan Wright

WR - Eddie Lewis
RB - FleetDavis
OL - Tyran Hunt
C - Johnny Jordan

With RTB's verbal, doesn't that make Eddie Lewis the odd man out?

Hopefully Dino and crew can earn their Quad expresso's for closing on a bunch of the remaining guys on this list. :cool:

Coffee is for closers.

Want: Wright, Hunt, Fleet-Davis, Martin

Whatever is left grab another DB

I don’t know what the WR plan is but I said all along I can see them take 6 in this class; 2 at each position. We just read Babers comments about the current WR’s and we lose 5 over the next two season. All of our best WR’s.

Getting Lewis is a good take. He’s a very good WR and a big kid. Devitos’s buddy and it’d be big for NJ perception. The Buttgers offer, plus BC, Duke, Indiana, Iowa, North Carolina.

My gut says Indiana, but two four seven are moving predictions to Syracuse. RU writer just a couple of days ago. Ohio State writer on 7/16 and a national writer on 7/14.

Hopefully Dino and crew can earn their Quad expresso's for closing on a bunch of the remaining guys on this list. :cool:

Coffee is for closers.
Lewis has a solid DB tape. Should he want to commit, perhaps they take him on that side.

DB - Harrison Hand
DT - Romello Martin
DT - Curtis Harper
DE - Jordan Wright

WR - Eddie Lewis
RB - FleetDavis
OL - Tyran Hunt
C - Johnny Jordan

"Knowing they were only going to take one more cornerback with versatile athlete Eric Coley already on board, Melifonwu didn't wait to fill it."

Surprised they're only taking 2 DBs.

I'd love to see Blair recommit to Cuse. I've said it in other threads, but if he can still play safety (and not LB) I'd like to see Cuse grab him. Other than that Harper, Wright, TFD and Hunt top my list.

Sounds like a lot of good info from that interview. I wonder what he thinks of the current commits (especially the wide receivers).

Sounds like a lot of good info from that interview. I wonder what he thinks of the current commits (especially the wide receivers).
Interesting discussion about the RTB vs. EL wr slot. Choosing one over the other in a sense.

we haven't heard much on the RB front but it sounds like Drew could be taking FleetDavis' spot by Sunday or Monday. Visiting Temple this weekend and then deciding. Wonder if we're holding the spot or it's first come first serve.

we haven't heard much on the RB front but it sounds like Drew could be taking FleetDavis' spot by Sunday or Monday. Visiting Temple this weekend and then deciding. Wonder if we're holding the spot or it's first come first serve.
Think we're gonna know about TFD around that same time frame. It may not be public, but I imagine we will have a strong idea where he is going.

Think we're gonna know about TFD around that same time frame. It may not be public, but I imagine we will have a strong idea where he is going.

watching both film today, very similar but I think I like Drew's film better.

From what I have read and what I can gather:
RB (1): 1. TFD 2. Drew
TE (2): 1. Reeves 2. Hackett 3. Myles Wright 4. Blake Williams
OL (2): 1. Jordan 2. Hunt 3. Green 4. Glaser
DE (1): 1. Wright 2. Peterson
DT (2): 1. Harper 2. Martin 3. ??? --- Anyone know anyone else?
DB (1?): 1. Fuller 2. Hand

Obviously, during and after season more guys will come to light, especially at defensive tackle. Think we end up with a full class, maybe taking both running backs.

Obviously, during and after season more guys will come to light, especially at defensive tackle. Think we end up with a full class, maybe taking both running backs.

this is what's great about recruiting. In December names will start popping up and we'll all be like holy shtt.

From what I have read and what I can gather:
RB (1): 1. TFD 2. Drew
TE (2): 1. Reeves 2. Hackett 3. Myles Wright 4. Blake Williams
OL (2): 1. Jordan 2. Hunt 3. Green 4. Glaser
DE (1): 1. Wright 2. Peterson
DT (2): 1. Harper 2. Martin 3. ??? --- Anyone know anyone else?
DB (1?): 1. Fuller 2. Hand

Curious why you have Harper ahead of Martin and Fuller ahead of Hand?
Also thoughts on what a Hackett commitment in the following days would mean. I'd have to think they'd still take Reeves on top of that...thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom