Watch: Terrel Hunt punch Video | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Watch: Terrel Hunt punch Video

I still can't believe people are still defending Hunt as it was a fist and look at the 'nova's player head when he was punched. It was a harder punch that some here want us to believe.
You are right. The proper way to respond is as Marvin Graves did.

Now don't you be dissin Marvin and what he did, because that is sacred territory.

I still can't believe people are still defending Hunt as it was a fist and look at the 'nova's player head when he was punched. It was a harder punch that some here want us to believe.

Plays like what the 'nova player did happens during the games and all games more than the homers think. The only thing that separates this play from others is that Hunt threw the punch, got caught and was rightly ejected for this.

I don't care that he get hit late a few plays earlier as the refs punished the 'nova player with a flag. I refuse to defend a punch just because he was a Syracuse player,it has no business being a part of great college game,which this was .

I just can't see why the ACC looks the other way on a penalty ejection if it is in their rulebook. I bet you Shafer is more pissed off behind the scenes than what was said in his presser.

I can remember when a scuffle broke out between two S.U. PLAYERS in summer work outs before preseason camp when S.S. was D.C. when no punches were thrown and wanted to make it clear that it would not happen again.
Nobody is excusing Hunt.

Nobody is excusing Hunt.
have you read every thread then...here's one from another.

No... he barely did anything wrong, just being competitive.

I can find more...
His punishment should be a half hour extra work with every single WR, otherwise it's Football let him play

no need to name the posters on these quotes

The football l gods dictated the correct outcome. Villanova decided that the only way they could get a victory was by employing less than gentlemanly tactics , probably stemming from the fact that The Orange fled the Big East and the control of the conspiratorial 7. Such tactics are only employed against foes that you hate and generally have no respect for. At the end of the day Otto is 1-0 , in a p5 conference and bringing huge sums of cash which will support the Athletic Department and the University stay in the top echelon for many years to come, Villanova, not so much.

But why the hell would you swing at a guy with a helmet on, particularly at his facemask?

But why the hell would you swing at a guy with a helmet on, particularly at his facemask?
Cuz you are pissed and not thinking? Isn't that the reason for most punches in sports where punching is not considered part of the sport?

have you read every thread then...here's one from another.

No... he barely did anything wrong, just being competitive.

I can find more...
His punishment should be a half hour extra work with every single WR, otherwise it's Football let him play

no need to name the posters on these quotes
I thought it wasn't that bad, but had no problem with the ejection. I think expecting a further suspension like some people here want is ridiculous.

my favorite part of the video is watching our two lineman hit nobody. What are they doing?

nice catch as one looked like he was going out picking Daiseys and the other had is back to the play and just stopped and without hearing audio you have no idea if the whistle was blown.

and if the whistle was blown it looks like the player stopped just prior to the whistle,he was going to whiff anyways

I still don't see helmet to helmet plus it was bang bang. I see shoulder and upper arm hit Hunt. I think the right call was made all around even if it was a half ass punch. Can't start asking refs to assess the degree of a pinch. A punch is a punch.
I agree - you can't throw a punch, no matter what. I do think it should have been offsetting 15 yarders, however, to go along with the Hunt ejection. The rules don't allow for ripping at the chin strap at the end of a play.

Cuz you are pissed and not thinking? Isn't that the reason for most punches in sports where punching is not considered part of the sport?

Not if you're a reasonably intelligent human being. If I'm pissed and I see a guy wearing a helmet, and I want to kick his ass, I'm not throwing punches at his facemask.

Not if you're a reasonably intelligent human being. If I'm pissed and I see a guy wearing a helmet, and I want to kick his ass, I'm not throwing punches at his facemask.
After just getting pummeled including a rake of your facemask, you might be rendered temporarily unintelligent. Instead being a rocket scientist, you become a burger flipper if for just a few seconds... but that is enough for this syndrome to cause trouble.

PS: In an otherwise smart person, this could result in a sort of wussy punch that grazes the intended target which is the result of the intelligent part of the brain fighting with the temporarily dumb part about the effects of hitting a helmet with a fist.

Last edited:
After just getting pummeled including a rake of your facemask, you might be rendered temporarily unintelligent. Instead being a rocket scientist, you become a burger flipper if for just a few seconds... but that is enough for this syndrome to cause trouble.

PS: In an otherwise smart person, this could result in a sort of wussy punch that grazes the intended target which is the result of the intelligent part of the brain fighting with the temporarily dumb part about the effects of hitting a helmet with a fist.

I go with grab the back of his helmet, rip it off, pull his jersey over his head, and go to town.

voracek-fight-x-large.jpg

At least I've always found it effective on the ice.

I go with grab the back of his helmet, rip it off, pull his jersey over his head, and go to town.

voracek-fight-x-large.jpg

At least I've always found it effective on the ice.
Yes, but that is a sport where punches are part of the sport.