Watching BC smoke Maryland at halftime | Syracusefan.com

Watching BC smoke Maryland at halftime

Alsacs

Living Legend
It is obvious we over schedule. I mean beyond over schedule for the talent we have. We dominated BC on the field and two flukes we beat them by 10+.
Our team is good enough to be a bowl team.
We need to schedule 3 wins in the non conference from now.

It is obvious we over schedule. I mean beyond over schedule for the talent we have. We dominated BC on the field and two flukes we beat them by 10+.
I agree. We were a bowl team with Dungey but we have to give BC credit for winning their last two games to get eligible. Beating two teams we didn't beat. Btw, how bad is rutgers? They got stomped by Maryland

The teams we scheduled non conference weren't that great this year.

The teams we scheduled non conference weren't that great this year.
We beat the less talented non conference opponents. Colgate and UConn
We lost to more talented nonconference teams Notre Dame and South Florida.
We need to play more less talented teams.
Give me next years schedule with a softer P5 team than LSU and it's ideal.

A few of us have been banging on this drum for several years. The general consensus was typically something to the effect of: it's a such a great fan experience going to X stadium; relax, it's only 1 additional big time game/it's not going to impact on us that much; we are SU and should schedule like this; etc.

It's good to see the gradual acceptance of the fact we have been over scheduled for some time.

Yeah but we'll lose Ish88888 and a few people he knows.

We way over schedule. Think anybody cares that Bc played umass, uconn, Wagner and buffalo?

Last edited:
Yeah, after LSU we need to cancel the Wisconsin series. We should try to get Kansas, Rutgers, Purdue, Indiana or Iowa State as our P5 games.

Both of these teams blow, Maryland's offense is high school level, they run the same 5 plays over and over again.

Yeah, after LSU we need to cancel the Wisconsin series. We should try to get Kansas, Rutgers, Purdue, Indiana or Iowa State as our P5 games.

by the time the wisconsin series is set to start we should be bowling regularly by then and competing for upper 2 or 3 slots

by the time the wisconsin series is set to start we should be bowling regularly by then and competing for upper 2 or 3 slots

Right. They play them in 2020. Should be ready to compete by then.

This is the perfect bad bowl game, two bad teams, no fans, awful announcers, and awful officials, I can't believe I am actually watching this game.

Maryland's oline today might have been as bad as I have ever seen in a football game.

That was the strangest six minutes of football that I have ever watched.

BC, Maryland and SU compete for many of the same recruits in the northeast.

After starting 4-0, Maryland lost 7 of their last 9 to finish 6-7.
BC won their last 3, including a bowl game, and finished their season with a winning record.
SU showed some promise on offense, upset VT, but lost their last 4 games and finished 4-8, finishing well out of the bowl conversation.

There are a lot of factors that go into a recruit's decision, but which narrative would be more attractive?

Our schedule is simply not constructed for rebuilding, and it's obviously not working. It's like those in charge are in denial and simply won't acknowledge the state of the program.

BC won their last 3, including a bowl game, and finished their season with a winning record.
SU showed some promise on offense, upset VT, but lost their last 4 games and finished 4-8, finishing well out of the bowl conversation.

There are a lot of factors that go into a recruit's decision, but which narrative would be more attractive?

Our schedule is simply not constructed for rebuilding, and it's obviously not working. It's like those in charge are in denial and simply won't acknowledge the state of the program.

If I was an offensive player I don't think the choice is hard at all.

I agree.

I didn't watch the game.

Competing with them for recruits: If you could take a couple/few players off of their rosters would you take any? Are any of them take worthy? I'm guessing a few.

I didn't watch the game.

Competing with them for recruits: If you could take a couple/few players off of their rosters would you take any? Are any of them take worthy? I'm guessing a few.

Seriously? We would take about 10 from their defensive 2 deep.

If Syracuse isn't ready to play or stay competitive with Wisconsin by the time they play, the football program is in bigger trouble than scheduling.

BC is stuck with Addazio after this season; something the fanbase didn't want.

USF turned out to be better than we thought but we had every opportunity to get bowl eligible. OOC should always be 3 winnable games and a P5. Think we have that for most seasons going forward, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom