Watching the SU women | Syracusefan.com

Watching the SU women

They're up 40-15 over canisius at the half. Who would have thought pre season that they'd be in the top 20 while the men are unranked?

To be honest, I've never followed the SU women, other than one(he who forgets will be destined to remember). However, I'm guessing right now JB is wishing this wasn't the season or 2 he finally started playing teams other than those like Canisius. ;)

Their only loss this season has been to the #1 team in the nation. Next game is against Baylor, ranked #9. If they win that game, they will soar up the rankings.

Their only loss this season has been to the #1 team in the nation. Next game is against Baylor, ranked #9. If they win that game, they will soar up the rankings.

And they were winning that game for most of the way but got outplayed the last 2 minutes if I recall correctly. I was listening to it on my way home from the SU/Holy Cross game.

I hope I'm wrong but look at the rebounding edge SU girls had over Canisus, the SU shooting percentage and the Canisus %. Against better teams these disparities will not occur and The girls could end up with losses.

I don't think it should be that much of a surprise.

Since losing very narrowly to the #1 team in the nation, the SU women have beaten their next 4 opponents by an average of 33 points. You would have to go back a long for the men's team to match that performance, even against the cupcakes. These girls are very good.

orange2win said:
Since losing very narrowly to the #1 team in the nation, the SU women have beaten their next 4 opponents by an average of 33 points. You would have to go back a long for the men's team to match that performance, even against the cupcakes. These girls are very good.

They're playing the dregs of college basketball, but they do that every year and they don't win by this much. And really, UConn is the best team in women's basketball. USC is not that good and would lose to Connecticut by at least 15.

On the plus side, they'll get another great opportunity against Baylor. Would be a great win if they could pull that off.

Football stuck in a rut, men's bball, rebuilding, so I guess it's Go Orange Ladies!

Credit for going to a women's game for what ever the reason may be. Now that they are ranked and getting some hype people should start attending for "other" reasons.

LOL..I didn't meet her at a women's game. I meant I was examining the population at large and my eyes fell upon her.

The rest is history.

BTW, I'm 5'9".

If I'm going to try and meet female athletes, I'm going to watch the 5'0" gymnasts, not the 6'0" hoops players.

I didn't know Orangeyes personally, but it was very evident how much he followed and loved all Syracuse sports. Those that knew him, would I be mistaken in thinking that he would absolutely love this women's team?

Syracuse has been impressive...would be even more impressive if they had a 6-4 upperclassman local wonderkid-

*ducks flying bricks deservedly aimed in his direction* :)

Happy Holidays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom