Watching tonight's Boeheim's Army game on TV... | Syracusefan.com

Watching tonight's Boeheim's Army game on TV...

RF2044

Living Legend
...and it is really surreal to see our former players again! A couple of quick, early impressions:
  • Rick Jackson looks very confident offensively. He's been unstoppable down low
  • Devo, Nichols, and Warrick are struggling a bit -- just can't seem to get on track. I think they've got about 4 points combined late in the first half
  • Roberts had a dunk and talked a lot of smack afterwards; some things never change!
  • Moten very personable on the sidelines -- they've miked him and listen in, and just had an in-game interview where he was affable
  • This point guard from Purdue is a really good player -- he's from Albany, wonder how he slipped through the cracks
  • The coach of the other team is a jackass
  • Michael Sweetney -- all 500 pounds of him -- playing on the other team; still a thorn in our sides all these years later
Let's Go Orange!!!

Last edited:
...and it is really surreal to see our former players again! A couple of quick, early impressions:
  • Devo, Nichols, and Warrick are struggling a bit -- just can't seem to get on track. I think they've got about 4 points combined late in the first half
  • Roberts had a dunk and talked a lot of smack afterwards; some things never change!
  • Moten very personable on the sidelines -- they've miked him and listen in, and just had an in-game interview where he was affable
  • This point guard from Purdue is a really good player -- he's from Albany, wonder how he slipped through the cracks
  • Michael Sweetney -- all 500 pounds of him -- playing on the other team; still a thorn in our sides all these years later
Let's Go Orange!!!

I hope they have a defibrillator on hand for Sweetney! Holy you're not too far off with that 500lbs. guess.

There was an interesting moment (to me) earlier when Moten was mic'd up. He was talking to Deane about a previous fast break when Deane opted to pass to DNic late on the break. Moten told him he should have just taken it himself, and Deane responded, pretty clearly "I wanted to get his (Nichols) confidence up" and Moten said something along the lines of "I know. We need him"

Anyway, I just always found little pieces of dialogue on look-ins interesting

Ok watching and listening to the mic'd coach is interesting to a point, but do we have to be split screen for the whole half.

Let's Go Orange!!!

If any of our guys are in a position to draw a charge on Sweetney, they may die. I'd probably just run to the locker room if I was in that position.

Dnic needs to step it up. Devo is having a hard time shaking that guy that's on him. We need some scoring from him to win. Trob and Rick are doing a really good job.

Some things never change. It's great to see our former players playing together, but some habits don't go away. Warrick still doesn't guard anyone and Nichols puts the ball in front of the defender all the time and still gets stripped. They need to keep the ball in Deane's hands. No one else can get by their man. They need to stop doubling and just play straight up. If Nichols, Warrick, and Devo come alive, they should win. Late in the half they were giving up too many offensive rebounds.

Dnic needs to step it up. Devo is having a hard time shaking that guy that's on him. We need some scoring from him to win. Trob and Rick are doing a really good job.

I think DNic and Warrick are having trouble withPops Mensa Bosa and DeMarr Johnson respectively.

Looks to me like City of Gods is getting away with a lot of physical play and yet we seem to be getting called for the fouls.

Moten is just so cool. One of my favorites - I don't care how his career ended! Nice that our all time leading scorer is such a great representative of the university.

Our defense is pretty terrible

They just look a step slow defensively / chasing rebounds. Hope they have enough left in the tank to close these clowns out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom