Watching Wisconsin-Indiana man Thomas Bryant is the offensive piece we are missing | Syracusefan.com

Watching Wisconsin-Indiana man Thomas Bryant is the offensive piece we are missing

Alsacs

Living Legend
He isn't good defensively though. Happ has been eaten him alive but his offense is really good.

Too bad he didn't want to play close to home. Rochester hasn't been too good to Syracuse in football and basketball recruiting recently these past few years.

I know you're a pretty cool guy Alsacs and pretty fair with your posts, but I'm borderline shocked that there's a post giving kudos to this kid, he's been slammed and slammed pretty hard by folk around here with his play this season. His 73% shooting is pretty insane, even if they are mostly dunks and he's not shooting the ball a lot.

He's been great on offense all year, but can be exposed defensively. The Happ kid for Wisconsin is going to be a pretty familiar player in the Big 10 the next couple years, he's been great for them. I thought Wisconsin was bad?

I haven't watched an Indiana game till tonight.

I thought he was a good offensive threat but a poor defender in man to man situations.

Who has said he has been bad? His stats aren't bad and he will be a first round pick this year.

Bryant was a smooth 6-6 from the charity stripe. Stroked them all with confidence...a big with a touch like that...oh what could've been.

Judging by the "defense" he plays, who knows how many min/game he would have even gotten this year.

but yeah, a very good offensive big, especially for a freshman

:bat:
Judging by the "defense" he plays, who knows how many min/game he would have even gotten this year.

Coleman and lydon are much better inside, you're right.

His poor defense would be a monumental upgrade even if he grades at a F for defense.

I get what you're saying but if he did come here and someone said "his defense can't get worse than this", this is evidence that it can. We are soooooo poor that anything would be an upgrade. Myself and somebody else even made a comment that even Chinoso should get some run because it really can't be as bad as what we're seeing. All that said, I wouldn't even be mad if Roberson moved to the 5 and Lydon to the 4. Something has to be done if we're going to make a run.

His offensive game is similar to what COleman tries to do, but Bryant is just way better at it. He also gets off his quick pretty quick for a guy that size

He probably would have been helped by playing the zone here. Would have masked his lack of lateral movement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom