Way Too Early Sellout Watch | Syracusefan.com

Way Too Early Sellout Watch

CUSU

Starter
I started a similar thread last year leading up to the biggest game of the year, Clemson. This year I think we have two chances of selling out. The two chances being Fl. St. and Louisville. Right now Fl. St. is a ways ahead of the Louisville game but if we are, somehow and someway, unscathed heading into that friday night game I think we sell it out.

I will keep an eye on the TicketMaster site periodically in the upcoming days and weeks and post some results and screen-shots here, for those so inclined individuals that are interested.

My way, way, way too early prediction is sell-out for Fl. St. and 46k for Louisville.

Fl. St. Outlook:

I don't have a direct comparison to Clemson last year but I believe we are ahead of the game here. It appears that the ticket office has already opened the area behind the opposing fan section in the 3rd level (313,314 and 315). I don't remember that last year. Must be expecting less opposing fans to make the trip or already ahead of last year in terms of home fan tickets sold. Lower bowl as of right now is almost all sold but it wouldn't surprise me if there are actually some tickets available down there. Pictures below...

Screen Shot 2014-09-17 at 4.10.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-09-17 at 4.12.37 PM.png

Louisville Outlook:

This game we have a little more work to do even though it is before Fl St. I think this game relies on how we fair these next two games. Beat Maryland and Beat or make a game out of ND, I believe we are high 40s and have a raucous Friday night crowd. Picture in next post..

We haven't sold out the Dome in over 20 years. No reason to think that's about to change. 45k+ looks like a sellout on TV though so I'd be happy with that. This was 45,418 one Sept 4, 2005. Poor fans, they really thought the Grob era was going to bring greatness and boy were we pumped for that game.

We haven't sold out the Dome in over 20 years. No reason to think that's about to change. 45k+ looks like a sellout on TV though so I'd be happy with that. This was 45,418 one Sept 4, 2005. Poor fans, they really thought the Grob era was going to bring greatness and boy were we pumped for that game.

I think we had more than that at Clemson last year. If we are one loss or undefeated team heading into Fl. St. my prediction is a sold out dome.

I think we had more than that at Clemson last year. If we are one loss or undefeated team heading into Fl. St. my prediction is a sold out dome.
we did last year was 48,950 for clemson

clemson travels better than FSU will but the FSU name and being defending champions will pack it in if people feel we can be competitive.. the next 3 weeks will be the difference between 40-43 hoping we can win and 45-48 crazy thinking we can win.

FSU is ahead of Clemson at this stage by a lot, maybe 2 or 3 k. At least from ticket master sales. You never know exactly what TM hasn't put for sale yet.

clemson travels better than FSU will but the FSU name and being defending champions will pack it in if people feel we can be competitive.. the next 3 weeks will be the difference between 40-43 hoping we can win and 45-48 crazy thinking we can win.

I do recall FSU having a pretty good sized crowd in 2004. We were in the opposite corner so had a perfect view of their section, I know it stretched to the upper deck, which is usually a good indicator of an away crowd that shows well.

Hopefully they bring their band this time, or at least some of it. Yeah, everyone will be going crazy hearing that war chant by the end, but would be cool for the Dome atmosphere.

Not to be a Debbie Downer on this but looking at the sideline 300's, it appears theyve only opened up seats up to a certain row for L'ville. Looking at the rows that are avail further back for FSU, I'd surmise they are also still unsold for L'ville.

I noticed that, I would agree they are not opened yet. I still believe in my prediction of upper 40s

I noticed that, I would agree they are not opened yet. I still believe in my prediction of upper 40s

For L'ville on a Friday night? Hell, I'd take 40k flat. FSU should get upper 40s though.

For L'ville on a Friday night? Hell, I'd take 40k flat. FSU should get upper 40s though.

I guess we will see, we had more than that for a Villanova game on a friday night. Depends on how we fair these next two weeks.

If we are 4-0 heading into Lville - Fri night Dome game will be very close like 48k plus. 5-0 heading into FSU - put on the shingle "NO VACANCY"

SU does very well for Friday night games - Louisville will be no different. 44-46K

Checked ticket master...

Looking like WVU a couple of years ago, should be good.

42k for Louisville

46k for Florida State

are my predictions.

42k for Louisville

46k for Florida State

are my predictions.
fsu will sell out one way or another I believe even if the university gives some free tickets out.

With the way we have played the past two weeks I am not as optimistic for the Louisville attendance. My estimate is announced 42k. The Florida St. game has a lot of tickets sold, we need a win tomorrow to really get things moving. If the casual fans feel anything like I do, the past two games have really taken the wind out of my sails. It's hard to watch and offense perform the way ours does lately. Here is how it looks as of now.

Louisville
Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 10.10.27 AM.png

Fl. St.

Screen Shot 2014-10-02 at 10.12.40 AM.png

Well, as people have said the crowd is not going to be what we had hoped for this game. The team just has not instilled hope in the fan base so far this season. With that said I am expecting a healthy homecoming walk up with a prediction of 44,000. This assuming people with tickets show up.

The lower bowl is sold out with an exception the section next to the opposing fans which has about 20 seats opened up recently. The upper deck is filling in. 313-315 are normally the overflow for opposing fans that bring big crowds. It looked like SU had this blocked out until recently. That is very empty and is not fully shown in the picture. The seats behind the available seats in these sections are disabled, so that section will be fairly bare. Same with the adjacent corner which is held for students, which I doubt will come close to touching that based on recent showings. You can see on the visitor sideline they have started the every other row stuff again...

Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 12.38.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 12.38.00 PM.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom