Wayne Williams off the team | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Wayne Williams off the team

Where is Alex Hayes on the depth chart? I can picture him playing on the D line.

I could see that in Hayes...would love to see Lasker play anywhere but OLine...I know that Omari Palmer was a more celebrated D-Lineman in HS...but we kind of need him at this point on O. Foster seems like a big, stout, strong kid who could plug things up. Hell, if Denzel Ward is on the third team, I say give him a go. Maybe it'll spark him. Would hate to "waste" Thompson inside again. If Aaron Roberts doesn't win the starting job, why not.

The trainers will earn their paychecks this year. Barring any season ending injuries, keeping the line on the field the entire season will be huge. Hopefully the injury bug got it's fill last season.

Going to need to out score opponents this year. White knuckling doesn't appear to be an option.

Going to need to out score opponents this year. White knuckling doesn't appear to be an option.
hehe

hehehehehehehehehehehe

heheHAHAHAheheheHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:whew:

man scooch, you crazy

hehe

hehehehehehehehehehehe

heheHAHAHAheheheHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:whew:

man scooch, you crazy

Sometimes I just like to get things on the record. So when someone asks me "why weren't you saying we'd need to out score folks before the season started?!" I can direct them to this thread.

Not a bad thought [and if not Foster, perhaps another OL who might be able to shift to the opposite side of the ball]. How's Foster's mobility speed?
Went back and looked at his hudl tape it's not great but not horrible. He would definitely play nose tackle and would be used to stuff the run. He's a big dude, hard to move him.

Guys, it's not that easy to just switch positions or go both ways. This isn't high school ball.

Scooch said:
Sometimes I just like to get things on the record. So when someone asks me "why weren't you saying we'd need to out score folks before the season started?!" I can direct them to this thread.

This is the kind of BS post that gives you guys a bad rep.

1. Out scoring your opponent is the only way you win games. Pretty sure everyone agrees on that point.
2. There is a specific kind of glee you guys take in predicting things to go poorly. It's really a bad look.

Interesting, that's why I like OttoinGrotto 's comparison. Even though I think it's supposed to shine light on how unproductive both were, it's actually a good question.

3 catches 50 yds vs. 9 tkls and a FR. Most of WW's stats came during inconsequential time. QF's catch, although disappointingly 33% of his overall production, meant much more to the team.

So it goes for me, but, that's why this board exists...
One thing is for sure - they both did not pan out as we all hoped.

Broyld shouldn't be on this list. He's been moved to 4 different positions ( positions he never played ever in life) and has tried to make the most of it. He played hurt all last year. Even though it wasn't the proper way to show competitiveness he tried to play with a bad shoulder in the bowl game. Plus he has one more season to show, well atleast I hope he does

Broyld shouldn't be on this list. He's been moved to 4 different positions ( positions he never played ever in life) and has tried to make the most of it. He played hurt all last year. Even though it wasn't the proper way to show competitiveness he tried to play with a bad shoulder in the bowl game. Plus he has one more season to show, well atleast I hope he does

...AND he got rushed out onto the field as a true freshman, whereas he would have benefitted immensely from a redshirt year.

How about shifting to a 3-4? It might help preserve our DL depth... I could also see Thompson, Simmons, and Arciniega making awesome 3-4 pass rushers

TheCusian said:
This is the kind of BS post that gives you guys a bad rep. 1. Out scoring your opponent is the only way you win games. Pretty sure everyone agrees on that point. 2. There is a specific kind of glee you guys take in predicting things to go poorly. It's really a bad look.

"You guys"?

1. There's scoring 17 and scoring 35. Our D is going to be challenged, we need to score more points. A lot more.

If we try, and fail, at white knuckling our way to 6 wins I don't want to hear from people saying "we *all* thought the D would be OK" and "hindsight is 20/20".

2. Yeah, I revel in how much this program has struggled the past 15 years. I hated the 90s. Do you read your own posts?

This is the kind of BS post that gives you guys a bad rep.

1. Out scoring your opponent is the only way you win games. Pretty sure everyone agrees on that point.
2. There is a specific kind of glee you guys take in predicting things to go poorly. It's really a bad look.

Yep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom