We are going to be a very intimidating team | Syracusefan.com

We are going to be a very intimidating team

kcsu

Living Legend
This team has a chance to be one of the more intimidating teams that JB has fielded.
There is athleticism combined with size and strength that we havnt had in years.
My hope is that the kids play with an edge and attack the rim this year. Go from the perimeter focus of last year to a rim attacking mode. Simply put take it to the rack!
Last year i would scream for TC to put it on the floor and during our run he did and we really improved. At the Guard position we have two physical big players in Howard and Battle. JG is the quickest G we have had in years and if we land White he is a ripped presence at the 2.
DC is a beast. Chiseled at 265 and strong as a bull. The robster is scary good on the glass when he is on. Lydon has an edge,loves to attack the rim. TT is old school and built and broad for a frosh.
PC is the huge. Chubaka huge and i expect him to become a force by March madness. We are across the board a very big and athletic group that is going to intimidate many teams once we gel.

I am optimistic and excited about this year's team but I am pumping the brakes a little. DC is what he is. Not bad but not a monster. I am not expecting a major jump from him. Roberson - when engaged - will be fine, but assuming he will be more engaged just because he's a senior is wait and see for me. The 2 Grad transfers, and Chewie - I'll wait and see too. Plenty of pieces but count me in wait and see mode.

What I do know - Lydon is going to be a beast, and Silent G will be very difficult to replace.

This team has a chance to be one of the more intimidating teams that JB has fielded.
There is athleticism combined with size and strength that we havnt had in years.
My hope is that the kids play with an edge and attack the rim this year. Go from the perimeter focus of last year to a rim attacking mode. Simply put take it to the rack!
Last year i would scream for TC to put it on the floor and during our run he did and we really improved. At the Guard position we have two physical big players in Howard and Battle. JG is the quickest G we have had in years and if we land White he is a ripped presence at the 2.
DC is a beast. Chiseled at 265 and strong as a bull. The robster is scary good on the glass when he is on. Lydon has an edge,loves to attack the rim. TT is old school and built and broad for a frosh.
PC is the huge. Chubaka huge and i expect him to become a force by March madness. We are across the board a very big and athletic group that is going to intimidate many teams once we gel.
So our football roster is loaded and our basketball roster is going to be intimidating. I can't imagine how you'd describe our cross country roster! :)

I am firmly in the “wait and see” camp. If the 2015-16 version of the Orange can surprise us, the 2016-17 edition might disappoint us. Especially if we pump ourselves up with expectations.

I’m reminded of a story a customer told me many years ago. My first job out of SU was as a sales rep for IBM in the punched card days of computing.

After my presentation, he told me a little story that seemed to him to be apt.

A couple gets married. It’s her fourth marriage.

When they get from the church to the honeymoon suite, she asks him to be gentle as it’s her first time.

He says, “How can that be? You’ve been married three times previously.

“Well, she said, “It’s a sad story. My first husband was killed in an auto accident as we drove away from the church. My second husband died of a heart attack as I was getting out of my wedding dress.”

“What about your third husband?”, asked husband #4.

She responded, “Well, my third husband was an IBM sales person. All he did was sit on the edge of the bed and tell me how great it was gonna be.”

I knew then that this was an experienced IBM customer.

Just like some of us are experienced SU basketball fans.

Expecting Cuse to be the new Lob City between Lydon, Roberson, Battle, Frank, Possibly White, Coleman, and Chukwu. My god. Moyer too if he earns enough mins.

For some reason after reading this I am reminded of our buddy, RutgersAl.

It's unbridled and untethered optimism. Not a bad thing, I guess.

LOL - I remember all of the Rutgers' linemen's first names were "Big" in Al's World: "Big John Green", "Big Roger Smith", "Big Sam Littlehands".

This reminds me of the old Saturday Night Live skit - Ditka versus Jesus. Ditka wins 14-7 in double OT. Love the Chewbacca nickname by the way. Brings a smile.

I agree that this team has all the makings to be intimidating. And it is currently built for attacking.

I slightly disagree about what AW3 brings to the table. I see him balancing out a missing component to this squad. I see him as a shooter. I see him at the 3. I see his presence allowing the spacing for the attackers (Battle + Gillon) to operate. JB will be then have a more complete arsenal and will be able to exploit defensive weaknesses on other teams.

I hope the press is used every game. I think we have the personnel and the depth. And I like the exciting uptempo style.

Rebound and run. That's what I'm excited about with this team. One way to intimidate your opponents is to make them think that every shot they take is the only one they will get for that possession, and if it doesn't go in, they better get back.

Also, one of the perks of depth is that it leads to competition. Every rebound will be a sign to coach to keep me in the game. Couple that with the speed of Battle, Gillon, Howard, etc. and the Dome will be going bonkers.

I agree that this team has all the makings to be intimidating. And it is currently built for attacking.

I slightly disagree about what AW3 brings to the table. I see him balancing out a missing component to this squad. I see him as a shooter. I see him at the 3. I see his presence allowing the spacing for the attackers (Battle + Gillon) to operate. JB will be then have a more complete arsenal and will be able to exploit defensive weaknesses on other teams.

I hope the press is used every game. I think we have the personnel and the depth. And I like the exciting uptempo style.

LOL - I remember all of the Rutgers' linemen's first names were "Big" in Al's World: "Big John Green", "Big Roger Smith", "Big Sam Littlehands".
he called them 'battleships'.

and if we land White he is a ripped presence at the 2
wait, "if"? why have you been posting in the recruiting forum that he's committing tomorrow?

I am firmly in the “wait and see” camp. If the 2015-16 version of the Orange can surprise us, the 2016-17 edition might disappoint us. Especially if we pump ourselves up with expectations.

I’m reminded of a story a customer told me many years ago. My first job out of SU was as a sales rep for IBM in the punched card days of computing.

After my presentation, he told me a little story that seemed to him to be apt.

A couple gets married. It’s her fourth marriage.

When they get from the church to the honeymoon suite, she asks him to be gentle as it’s her first time.

He says, “How can that be? You’ve been married three times previously.

“Well, she said, “It’s a sad story. My first husband was killed in an auto accident as we drove away from the church. My second husband died of a heart attack as I was getting out of my wedding dress.”

“What about your third husband?”, asked husband #4.

She responded, “Well, my third husband was an IBM sales person. All he did was sit on the edge of the bed and tell me how great it was gonna be.”

I knew then that this was an experienced IBM customer.

Just like some of us are experienced SU basketball fans.

Yeah, I prefer to view the rosters as interesting as opposed to 'loaded' or 'miserable' (save for those that have a lot of proven talent, which almost never happens these days)>

So I'm with you on this. I think it's a really intriguing group of players and I'd tend to lean toward optimism with this group. But without having seen anything definitive from guys like Chukwu/Gillon (at least vs. this level of comp)/Battle and having some question marks surrounding guys like Coleman and Roberson, it's hard to really know what to expect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom