We can win out | Syracusefan.com

We can win out

Cuse House

All American
The way we are playing, no team scares me. At UNC will be extremely difficult because of their bigs but we are playing better than when we last met them. Louisville does not scare me that much even at the Yum. Not saying it will happen, but not saying it's not a legit possibility at this point. We have never been a bubble team, we were a team who missed our leader and had some freshman hit an early season lull. Right now, everything is clicking and I only see this team getting better. To be honest, I see this team as a threat in the tourney, even more so than our 25-0 team because this team has more playmakers and the offense is just so much better.

The way we are playing, no team scares me. At UNC will be extremely difficult because of their bigs but we are playing better than when we last met them. Louisville does not scare me that much even at the Yum. Not saying it will happen, but not saying it's not a legit possibility at this point. We have never been a bubble team, we were a team who missed our leader and had some freshman hit an early season lull. Right now, everything is clicking and I only see this team getting better. To be honest, I see this team as a threat in the tourney, even more so than our 25-0 team because this team has more playmakers and the offense is just so much better.

Step off the ledge brother. We will talk you down safely. Take a deep breath. Don't close your eyes you will only see Orange.

Step off the ledge brother. We will talk you down safely. Take a deep breath. Don't close your eyes you will only see Orange.
I am not saying this emotionally whatsoever, I just feel that strongly about our upswing. Our two freshman are playing amazing. G is playing great again. JB is as fired up as I have ever seen him. We have momentum, sometimes when you win 4 or 5 in a row things just start to happen.

I am not saying this emotionally whatsoever, I just feel that strongly about our upswing. Our two freshman are playing amazing. G is playing great again. JB is as fired up as I have ever seen him. We have momentum, sometimes when you win 4 or 5 in a row things just start to happen.

If we didn't pull out a miracle win against va tech, do you still post this?

If we didn't pull out a miracle win against va tech, do you still post this?
Absolutely, matter of fact that win makes me feel better. Earlier this season, we lose that game. We made plays when we needed them and followed it up by smacking FSU around. We also beat GT who was a bad matchup for us. Sometimes you need to win ugly and we did that.

Edit: Misread the beginning of your post. To answer that, yes because of the nature of our wins lately.

My post said we CAN, not we WILL. We should be favored in every game but 2 and like I said, Louisville is very winnable and we have shown we can beat UNC. Just saying, it is a possibility.

Not sure how we will fare the rest of the way. We should be fine for the Tourney but it is all about matchups. I like how they respond under adversity and the multiple shooters from deep...huge. But, any team with physical and/or pesky guards who defend is a big concern. We saw at times today how much G, Cooney, etc. struggled with the ball...picking up dribbles, getting stripped, getting a 5 sec call. We won't see such a poor defensive effort from opponents the rest of the season.

Agreed, anything is possible at this point.

Even with being more realistic, I think winning one of @Louisville, @UNC, and @FSU is definitely doable.

If that happens, win the other games and we finish the regular season 21-10 (11-7) in the ACC. And who would have thunk that back when we were 10-7 (0-4)?

Cheers,
Neil

My post said we CAN, not we WILL. We should be favored in every game but 2 and like I said, Louisville is very winnable and we have shown we can beat UNC. Just saying, it is a possibility.

Florida St will be a small favourite at home as well, unless they really tank it from here. But if is definetely a game we should feel good about.

Absolutely, matter of fact that win makes me feel better. Earlier this season, we lose that game. We made plays when we needed them and followed it up by smacking FSU around. We also beat GT who was a bad matchup for us. Sometimes you need to win ugly and we did that.

Edit: Misread the beginning of your post. To answer that, yes because of the nature of our wins lately.
If we don't have let downs in the final 3 minutes of PITT, Miami, Clemson and UNC...we could easily have 1 lose. We have been in every single ACC game up until the final minutes. Winning ugly is fine with me too.

I think it comes down to the fact our freshman have raised their games up to another level. Also, DC has slowly been progressing. Roberson, G, and Cooney just need to be somewhat consistent. Our bench has expanded without playing more guys if that makes any sense because everyone is contributing solid performances.

Over the years it seems that generally: Things are not as bad as they seem to be when things are going poorly and conversely things are never quite as good as they seem when everything is coming up rosy.

Slow and steady and don't over compensate with the tiller on the USS Orange. Steady as she goes!

That having been said... we are playing well.

Last edited:
Over the years it seems that generally: Things are not as bad when they seem to be and conversely things are never quite as good as they seem when everything is coming up rosy.

Slow and steady and don't over compensate with the tiller on the USS Orange. Steady as she goes!

That having been said... we are playing well.
Agreed. I try to remain objective when looking into our orange future. We will probably slip up twice over the next 6 but I will predict a 5-1 finish with our loss at UNC.

6 games left.

Let's win the next one first, and then take it from there. We're in great shape, compared to where things stood after Hop's 9 game stretch--but we still have work to do. Need to get a minimum of 3 more wins this regular season. We CAN certainly do it!

Let's Go Orange!!!

6 games left.
Let's win the next one first, and then take it from there. We're in great shape, compared to where things stood after Hop's 9 game stretch--but we still have work to do. Need to get a minimum of 3 more wins this regular season. We CAN certainly do it!
Essentially what JB said during the presser when someone asked about the next 4-6 games.
He said he's only worried right now about one game, the next game against BC. You guys can worry about the rest.
Classic JB presser comment!

Where to start. Of course anything is possible. That is true everyday for all things, so either this thread is a colossal waste of space or you think we will win out. We could just as easily go 0-3 against Pizz, UL, and UNC. Trends are one thing but some are clearly not sustainable, like Mali is shooting almost 50% from 3 in recent games. If we go 1-2 in the three games I mentioned, that is good. If we go 2-1 that is amazing, if we go 3-0 we have probably peaked too early.

or we can go 1-4. one game at a time. its disturbing when the board gets too cocky. we were winning the natty after atlantis and then after the st johns loss, we were never going to be a competitive program ever again. sometimes I forget this board, much like society, is filled w a bunch of lunatics and imbeciles.

Where to start. Of course anything is possible. That is true everyday for all things, so either this thread is a colossal waste of space or you think we will win out. We could just as easily go 0-3 against Pizz, UL, and UNC. Trends are one thing but some are clearly not sustainable, like Mali is shooting almost 50% from 3 in recent games. If we go 1-2 in the three games I mentioned, that is good. If we go 2-1 that is amazing, if we go 3-0 we have probably peaked too early.
Mal is shooting ~50% from 3 in all of ACC play... so 12 games so far. I'd say that might be bordering on sustainable. But agreed on the rest of your post.

Yes, it's possible.

Just like it's possible that I'll get a date with Kate Upton.
IT COULD HAPPEN. :p

Given that we squeaked out a couple of those recent wins, and we'll be playing @ Llvll, @ UNC, and @ FSU, then it would take almost a miraculous run of sustained excellent play (and also probably some insanely good luck) to run the table.

Don't bet the ranch on it.

Let's start by not up against BC first, ok?

The only way this happens is if DC breaks out into a double-double player, the refs stop calling touch fouls against him, and he is really able to assert himself and become a legitimate threat underneath. And even then, it's a real stretch.

But we did see that early in the second half against FSU, when we needed it. It could happen.

SoBeCuse said:
Not sure how we will fare the rest of the way. We should be fine for the Tourney but it is all about matchups. I like how they respond under adversity and the multiple shooters from deep...huge. But, any team with physical and/or pesky guards who defend is a big concern. We saw at times today how much G, Cooney, etc. struggled with the ball...picking up dribbles, getting stripped, getting a 5 sec call. We won't see such a poor defensive effort from opponents the rest of the season.
Absolutely. Teams like louisville, pittsburgh we are going to struggle with. We actually have a better chance against UNC than we do againat louisville becauae we match up better with their style of play. Duke? Bring them on. Pitt? No thank you

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom