We don't have a counterpunch | Syracusefan.com

We don't have a counterpunch

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
We can move the ball, which is what an offense should do. The problem is, this offense is designed to take what the offense gives it, but we're unable to take advantage of certain situations. It's clear to me that teams with better talent want us to run the ball - this puts us in a position where we have to decide to try for what should be there, or play a way we don't want to.

I'm not sure if there's an answer this season, other than beat teams with similar talent.

And every mistake we make is amplified because of this.

We are gaining yardage but still not scoring points to go with it. We are 25th nationwide in total offense and 77th in scoring. We have a long way to go.

I'm not sure if there's an answer this season, other than beat teams with similar talent.

Yes, we need to go pick on teams our own size. Starting next week against WF.

we stopped 4-5 drives today on simple mistakes , wide open throws, missed catches, oline mistakes, lining up wrong. when the D doesnt make mistakes we have 1 player who can make a play and if the D over plays him what else do we expect to work? still kicking game kept us from 40+ pts

I am looking for that 45 point game that tells us we are getting closer to running he new offense properly. I keep thinking it might be against Pitt.

Wake is improved and might be of UCONN caliber. BC is well,. BC. Not sure about NC State.

We will know more of where we are next week. A loss pretty much makes a bowl out of reach. A win with 35+ points would be right in the money.

We are gaining yardage but still not scoring points to go with it. We are 25th nationwide in total offense and 77th in scoring. We have a long way to go.
I think we're close, actually. I still don't think we've played a good game yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom