We got 1 scholarship back in November 2015 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We got 1 scholarship back in November 2015

If I was a PG who was uncommitted and planning to play in college next year I would be calling the hoops office night and day. Playing time and lots of it is there for the taking.

How did we put all our eggs into the basket of Quade Green and not have any backup?
how do you know there is no backup plan? There are lots of quality guards below the 4 star line who will end up playing for power conference teams and having very solid careers. I'm betting we've been in contact with more than one of them

how do you know there is no backup plan? There are lots of quality guards below the 4 star line who will end up playing for power conference teams and having very solid careers. I'm betting we've been in contact with more than one of them

Did you miss the JB presser? He admitted that they went all in on him.

You obviously didn't know the facts. We went all in on Green. Please tell me who these other prospects beyond Ayala we are recruiting?

I'm not going to bet my mortgage that there aren't other guards out there that they've seen and are interested in for 2017; however, there is no chatter/rumors and no offers out there at this time. Gillon was pretty much a complete surprise, but they must have had some meetings on him because that was a rapid courtship and commitment.

Last edited:
How many top 100 guys are left?
who says it has to be a top 100 guy?
You obviously didn't know the facts. We went all in on Green. Please tell me who these other prospects beyond Ayala we are recruiting?
I don't know, but I won't be surprised if we end up with a Howard Washington or Malik Zachery type (even if we also end up with Ayala).

Is it your contention that 2017 recruiting just came to a screeching halt when Green made his choice? That they just closed the books on 2017 and said "oh, well, we're screwed?"

who says it has to be a top 100 guy?

I don't know, but I won't be surprised if we end up with a Howard Washington or Malik Zachery type (even if we also end up with Ayala).

Is it your contention that 2017 recruiting just came to a screeching halt when Green made his choice? That they just closed the books on 2017 and said "oh, well, we're screwed?"

They can't play here. Not if we want a winning team that is. Signing them is just filling roster spots to fill roster spots. The backup plans have signed elsewhere. (Washington/Avarado etc.)

I heard the same thing about 3 star signees Andy Rautins and Brandon Triche
Both were also surrounded by 4-5 star players, and thats not taking anything away from either of them because they were both really good players, but in todays landscape you cant be an elite program if you are building around 3 star players hoping they turn into Rautins.

Both were also surrounded by 4-5 star players, and thats not taking anything away from either of them because they were both really good players, but in todays landscape you cant be an elite program if you are building around 3 star players hoping they turn into Rautins.
that 2010 team was built on 2 and 3 star guys - Rautins, Triche, Wes Johnson and Arinze Onuaku - with three mid-level 4 stars mixed in (Joseph, Jardine, Jackson).

Meanwile, this year's roster is stacked with 4 and 5 star guys. Star ratings mean a lot less than getting the right guys into the program.

My point is that this recruiting cycle is not done yet; let's wait and see where it ends before we throw in the towel.

that 2010 team was built on 2 and 3 star guys - Rautins, Triche, Wes Johnson and Arinze Onuaku - with three mid-level 4 stars mixed in (Joseph, Jardine, Jackson).

Meanwile, this year's roster is stacked with 4 and 5 star guys. Star ratings mean a lot less than getting the right guys into the program.

My point is that this recruiting cycle is not done yet; let's wait and see where it ends before we throw in the towel.
There's actually no 5 star players on this team, Battle was but he ended up a 4 star player. I don't doubt that in a perfect storm a bunch of three star guys mixed in with some 4 star players can be good, but if you look at the perennial powers tell me how many of their teams were based on 3 star players.

There's actually no 5 star players on this team, Battle was but he ended up a 4 star player. I don't doubt that in a perfect storm a bunch of three star guys mixed in with some 4 star players can be good, but if you look at the perennial powers tell me how many of their teams were based on 3 star players.
DC was a 5 star, White was either a 5 or a very high 4

DC was a 5 star, White was either a 5 or a very high 4
White was a 4 star, and DC has been plagued by injuries so you cant factor him into this equation whether he was a 5 star recruit or a 2 star recruit. We can argue about this all we want but teams that win championships recruit at an elite level there's no arguing that, and i personally enjoy watching a team that competes at the highest level every year rather than once every 5 years when all of your 3 star players created the perfect blend to be an elite 8 team.

I'm willing to bet that more 5 stars pan out than 3 stars shock the world.

If we build a team of 3 star players we'll be the next BC.
of course that is true . . . but there are no 5 star options on the table. I'd rather salvage the class by filling the open slots with a couple of serviceable 3 stars than clutch at my pearls and have the vapors, but to each his own.

of course that is true . . . but there are no 5 star options on the table. I'd rather salvage the class by filling the open slots with a couple of serviceable 3 stars than clutch at my pearls and have the vapors, but to each his own.
Please tell me these 3 stars. Cusefan0307 -already addressed the ones you did before.
We aren't pursuing 2017 guards they are gone. The only one left is Ayala who is 2018 but we are trying to get him reclassified.

Please tell me these 3 stars. Cusefan0307 -already addressed the ones you did before.
We aren't pursuing 2017 guards they are gone. The only one left is Ayala who is 2018 but we are trying to get him reclassified.
we'll see . . . hold on to those pearls, my friend!

we'll see . . . hold on to those pearls, my friend!
We will see what?
Our coaches mind the 5th year transfer market again?
We could get Ayala but what else?

White was a 4 star, and DC has been plagued by injuries so you cant factor him into this equation whether he was a 5 star recruit or a 2 star recruit. We can argue about this all we want but teams that win championships recruit at an elite level there's no arguing that, and i personally enjoy watching a team that competes at the highest level every year rather than once every 5 years when all of your 3 star players created the perfect blend to be an elite 8 team.
How many 5 stars on Nova's team last year?

They're not going to fill a class just to have a live body. They'll hit the grad transfer/juco market.

Yeah and how many on ours?
I'm sorry, I was just legitimately asking how many 5 stars they had. I thought there was at least 1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom