We got uniform numbers... | Syracusefan.com

We got uniform numbers...

I was surprised that Kaleb went with 14. Didn't they tweet out a photo of him wearing a #1 jersey?

http://.com/where-will-kaleb-joseph-rank-among-all-time-14s/

Oops just dropped something right there.

I was surprised that Kaleb went with 14. Didn't they tweet out a photo of him wearing a #1 jersey?

http://.com/where-will-kaleb-joseph-rank-among-all-time-14s/

Oops just dropped something right there.

You could only see the #1, the other digit was blocked, I believe.

Interesting Carter Sanderson is the grandson of "Wimp" Sanderson, the former long-time coach of Alabama.

You could only see the #1, the other digit was blocked, I believe.
Good call - if I recall, his arms were crossed across his chest so it was probably bunched up.

Interesting Carter Sanderson is the grandson of "Wimp" Sanderson, the former long-time coach of Alabama.
Wimp is the kind of nickname you really hope you never get. The best you can hope for in most cases is that people won't think you're a kid worth beating up and will just ask if you'd kindly pay them Tuesday for a hamburger today.

Wimp is the kind of nickname you really hope you never get. The best you can hope for in most cases is that people won't think you're a kid worth beating up and will just ask if you'd kindly pay them Tuesday for a hamburger today.
I had an uncle they called "wimpy". It struck me as odd but his older friends, family members said it was a relatively common and fun nick name if you loved eating an inordinate number of burgers ala the Popeye reference too. Wonder if wimpy was preferred over wimp back then.

I had an uncle they called "wimpy". It struck me as odd but his older friends, family members said it was a relatively common and fun nick name if you loved eating an inordinate number of burgers ala the Popeye reference too. Wonder if wimpy was preferred over wimp back then.
All I want to know is whether I can get some virtual high fives for being a 33 year old with the ability to reference an 80 year old cartoon. (Popeye was my dad's favorite cartoon as a kid in the 50's)

Yes, I think there was a thread a couple months ago about him transferring to Syracuse. I remember referring to Wimp's plaid sports coats.

Ugh...McCullough should have chose any number that won't remind people of Donte Greene.
Let go of the angst Jake! I think of Fair or Pace or any of our QB's before I identify Greene as #5. And tell me right now you wouldn't settle for Green's freshman stats out of McCullough right now. 17.7 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 34.5% 3fg, 70.7 ft. You give me those right now from CMac and I say sign me up I'll live with whatever else he does. And hope he stays for more than one year.;)

Let go of the angst Jake! I think of Fair or Pace or any of our QB's before I identify Greene as #5. And tell me right now you wouldn't settle for Green's freshman stats out of McCullough right now. 17.7 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 34.5% 3fg, 70.7 ft. You give me those right now from CMac and I say sign me up I'll live with whatever else he does. And hope he stays for more than one year.;)

Its amazing to me how much Greene gets dumped on by SU fans. He had no shooting help and that squad was probably the least experienced JB ever fielded after Devo went down. Have we had a better forward than him since he left?

Its amazing to me how much Greene gets dumped on by SU fans. He had no shooting help and that squad was probably the least experienced JB ever fielded after Devo went down. Have we had a better forward than him since he left?

I think a lot of the negativity towards Greene is due to the ridiculous Dynasty symbol he and his teammates flashed every game en route to a trip to the NIT. Also, he didn't bother to play defense or hustle very much at all. But yes, sign me up for 18 and 7 from CMac in a heartbeat.

Ugh...McCullough should have chose any number that won't remind people of Donte Greene.
Since I seldom think of Donte Greene, the number 5 will not trigger any bad thoughts. We've had a number of quality players who wore the number 5

Wow...Donte Greene, really?? First thought that came to mind for me was Mike Jones...

Last edited:

Donte Greene, Averaged 18 points, 7 rebounds. And became a first round NBA draft pick.

That team 2007-2008, was riddled with Injuries (Rautins before the season, and Devendorf during the season) and a defection of Josh Wright.

I don't know why so many Syracuse fans, get on him.

You might use it if you feel better
When you get home

I'm in my mid 20's and I love Steely Dan. Great music

One of the all time best.

Thought maybe the reference would be lost on the youth here. It made me smile anyway.

Thanks for reply, Gaucho

And also, he's one of the few one-and-done's who actually admit to regretting his decision. He's been supportive of the program. Cut him some slack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom