We have a first read offense right now | Syracusefan.com

We have a first read offense right now

LeMoyneCuse

All American
I don't claim to be an expert on QB play, but it seems like Dungey is at a loss for what to do if his first read isn't there. All of his bad throws and bad decisions seem to be when the screen isn't there or Etta-Tawo isn't open.

This could be thanks to a weak offensive line or inexperience with the system.

But I think this goes far to explain why we've started so hot the last two games and then seized up. We know what we're going to do early on, the defense adjusts, and then we're at a loss for what we need to do for several series after.

Hopefully, better awareness and more confidence come as the season progresses. We're definitely caught in the growing pains stage.

Your answer lies with your second paragraph...give it time.

If Bobby Moobs is still around for return to the Dome...it will be real ugly. I see a 35 point blowout.

Last edited:
Your answer lies with your second paragraph...give it time.

If Bobby Moobs is still around for return to the Dome...it will be real ugly. I see a 35 point blowout.
Not an indictment. Just an explanation of why our offense is doing what's it's doing right now.

I don't claim to be an expert on QB play, but it seems like Dungey is at a loss for what to do if his first read isn't there. All of his bad throws and bad decisions seem to be when the screen isn't there or Etta-Tawo isn't open.

This could be thanks to a weak offensive line or inexperience with the system.

But I think this goes far to explain why we've started so hot the last two games and then seized up. We know what we're going to do early on, the defense adjusts, and then we're at a loss for what we need to do for several series after.

Hopefully, better awareness and more confidence come as the season progresses. We're definitely caught in the growing pains stage.
if the first read is throw it to etta tawo no matter what, we'll have the best offense ever.

it's all those other reads that goof us up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom