We have great fans in western new york | Syracusefan.com

We have great fans in western new york

These are the kinds of class actions that should be barred and the attorneys bringing it should pay the bills, pun intended.

These are the kinds of class actions that should be barred and the attorneys bringing it should pay the bills, pun intended.

the only one who makes out here is the attorney..to the tune of over 500 k..and for what? what great evil was done to these poor people who received text messages that they signed up for?

the only one who makes out here is the attorney..to the tuneof over 500 k..and for what? what great evil was done to these poor people who received text messages that they signed up for?

$75 worth of txt messages, is kind of excessive isn't it?

but yes this is ridiculous, it certainly isn't as bad as the woman who sued mcdonalds because her coffee was hot, but its up there.

but yes this is ridiculous, it certainly isn't as bad as the woman who sued mcdonalds because her coffee was hot, but its up there.

Coffee's not supposed to be that hot.
tumblr_mt5dyxYd6A1saw7pro1_400.gif

Watch the HBO special about that woman that got burned by the coffee and you might change your tune about that.

Tampa, Florida is part of Western New York now? Interesting...
Syracuse plays in Buffalo, NY and is considered a home game. They also played in Tampa, Florida, which was also considered a home game. Syracuse fans now consider Tampa, Buffalo, and Syracuse to all be one place.

Watch the HBO special about that woman that got burned by the coffee and you might change your tune about that.

Not to hijack the original thread but it really sucks what happened to the woman and all the skin grafts she needed...But she should know that the coffee is hot and the last place she should have put it was between her legs while driving. Frivolous Lawsuit...

Not to hijack the original thread but it really sucks what happened to the woman and all the skin grafts she needed...But she should know that the coffee is hot and the last place she should have put it was between her legs while driving. Frivolous Lawsuit...

Watch the tort reform special on HBO.

I did.

So the fact that McDonalds didn't care to address it is ok with you and forced these people to go to court when all they wanted was to have their medical bills paid?

So the fact that McDonalds didn't care to address it is ok with you and forced these people to go to court when all they wanted was to have their medical bills paid?

I dont think McDonald's should have had to pay her medical bills. At some point people need to take responsibility for their own actions. Everyone is always looking for someone else to blame. It should be pretty obvious that the coffee is hot. Common sense is so lacking in some people.

I dont think McDonald's should have had to pay her medical bills. At some point people need to take responsibility for their own actions. Everyone is always looking for someone else to blame. It should be pretty obvious that the coffee is hot. Common sense is so lacking in some people.

I agree that personal responsibility is lacking in many cases as is common sense but the series of events on how this happened unfolded some very interesting perspectives. I'm a case by case person and not a throw a blanket statement on things and categorize them all in one group.

I agree that personal responsibility is lacking in many cases as is common sense but the series of events on how this happened unfolded some very interesting perspectives. I'm a case by case person and not a throw a blanket statement on things and categorize them all in one group.

I can understand that.

the mcdonalds coffee myth is a really annoying pet peeve

it's reasonable to expect that coffee won't be way hotter than every other cup of coffee known to man

the mcdonalds coffee myth is a really annoying pet peeve

it's reasonable to expect that coffee won't be way hotter than every other cup of coffee known to man
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald's_Restaurants#Trial_and_verdict

During the case, Liebeck's attorneys [URL='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discovery_(law)']discovered
that McDonald's required franchisees to hold coffee at 180–190 °F (82–88 °C). At 190 °F (88 °C), the coffee would cause a third-degree burn in two to seven seconds. Liebeck's attorney argued that coffee should never be served hotter than 140 °F (60 °C), and that a number of other establishments served coffee at a substantially lower temperature than McDonald's.[/URL]

I really don't understand how the penalty matches the "damages" in this case.

the reason that mcdonalds didnt just pay the bills..and save themselves money in the short run, is because in the long run, they would end up spending much more money once the word got out that you can shake down mcdonalds for cash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom