We keep playing like this Lydon's coming back | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

We keep playing like this Lydon's coming back

I should have broken that down; I did realize the heavy perimeter shooting would drag the numbers down some, though that 65% surprises me and definitely tempers my criticism. But 50% still isn't very good for a relatively big guy for two-pointers.

50% on 2 point field goals is pretty good for a SG/SF. If White finishes the season at that mark, it would rank him around 60th in the country based on last year's stats for players designated as forwards or hybrid guard/forwards. I didn't have a way to separate out just SFs, but it's safe to say he'd be top 30 among SF's in 2 point percentage.

Last edited by a moderator:
tyler roberson has finished in the ACC top 10 in rebounding the past 2 seasons. there's not currently another player in the league who can make that boast. you don't win without rebounding. ok you so write him off.
We win without winning the rebounding battle quite often.

Lydon's shooting percentage over such a small sample does not bother me.

His reluctance to take open shots and (borrowing from Dino) "be the Alpha" is more worrisome.

He seems too comfortable letting AW3 take the majority of shots and doesn't "demand" the ball from our PGs.

Plus, I'd like to see him score some more points in the paint. He's too big and too talented not to keep defenses honest by not scoring some down low.

50% on 2 pointer field goals is pretty good for a SG/SF. If White finishes the season at that mark, it would rank him around 60th in the country based on last year's stats for players designated as forwards or hybrid guard/forwards. I didn't have a way to separate out just SFs, but it's safe to say he'd be top 30 among SF's in 2 point percentage.

Agreed. The sample size on the statistics are way to small right now anyway to be making definative statements about anyones play. I don't think White, Lydon, or Howard even are that far off from being the core of the team. I think in a month they will have figured it out. It's taking care of business time.

In the NBA Lydon will play with good guards who will get him the ball in optimum spots. He won't have to force things and do too much like he is doing now. He will never play the 5 nor the 3. I imagine he is still a very sought after 'stretch 4' prospect.

Yeah, and the thing that really hurts any illusions of his returning is the fact that he's already 20 and will be 21 (I believe) by the time the draft rolls around. The issue there is, as everyone knows but I think is easy to forget, for some reason age is always working against you as far as the NBA is concerned. Even if you improve drastically from 21 to 22, they'd rather have you at 21 -- at least in most cases.

I should have broken that down; I did realize the heavy perimeter shooting would drag the numbers down some, though that 65% surprises me and definitely tempers my criticism. But 50% still isn't very good for a relatively big guy for two-pointers.

I got really nervous when I saw him take that awful floater against Colgate or whoever it was in the second game. Just a terrible shot for a guy with his skill set and size to take. He's just not comfortable or confident right now. Of course, we never get him the ball in the post which he is visibly and understandably frustrated about.

tyler roberson has finished in the ACC top 10 in rebounding the past 2 seasons. there's not currently another player in the league who can make that boast. you don't win without rebounding. ok you so write him off.

That has almost nothing to do with the topic at hand. Is he an NBA prospect? Not if he's 6-7 and the only thing he can do is rebound. He's waaay to short to be a one-trick rebounding pony in the NBA.

NO roberson is not an NBA prospect . who cares ? can he help us this year ? yes! did boeheim play in the NBA ? did hopkins ? did gerry or red ?
NO. roberson is a syracuse senior who has out performed every other member of this team despite the JB doghouse treatment . don't write him off.

He looks all kinds of out of rhythm when he gets the ball on the block. He was automatic for much of last season, great fundamentals, consistent footwork and shooting motion.

This year he looks like a typical Syracuse big man down there. Not sure what happened.
Hmmmmmm still think he's going huh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom