We simply lost to a HOF coach | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

We simply lost to a HOF coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Washington State University also one of those schools with high standards?

Seriously? You want to talk about mid-majors? Then yeah, I'm sure those kids are expected to actually go to class. I'm quite sure they don't have the same status as basketball players at Kansas and UNC.

This is what wikipedia says about Tony Bennett. Not bad.

Anthony Guy Bennett (born June 1, 1969) is the head coach of the Virginia Cavaliers men's basketball team since March 31, 2009. Bennett is regarded as the best defensive coach in the NCAA according to a 2015 CBS Sports survey of coaches,[3] and his offensive system is praised as one of the most efficient.[4][5] He is a two-time winner of the prestigious Henry Iba Award for the nation's top coach as voted by the USBWA, and has won similar awards from the AP and Naismith.

Bennett shares school records for single-season wins at both Washington State: 26, in both '07 and '08; and Virginia: 30, in both '14 and '15. His teams matched records that had been in place for sixty-six years at Washington State and for thirty-two years at Virginia. Bennett is Virginia's all-time leader in ACC win percentage and Washington State's all-time leader in Pac-12 win percentage. He won six major coaching awards in 2007, breaking the Pac-12 record set by legend John Wooden in 1972.[6] Bennett was the first coach to have defeated all five Naismith Hall of Fame coaches active as of the 2014–15 season[7][8] and in the same year became the first coach to lead a team from outside Tobacco Road to back-to-back outright ACC regular season titles. Including shared titles, he is just the second in ACC history after Terry Holland. Bennett is also one of only three coaches (with Mike Krzyzewski and Roy Williams) to lead an ACC team to back-to-back 30-win seasons.[9] His Cavaliers defeated Duke for the 2014 ACC Tournament championship.

The solid game plan was just jacking up threes and hoping they'd rebound and put back? They played street ball and they're just too talented when they forget their coach and just start playing.

My wife's from Chapel Hill, I've watched more UNC basketball than I'd like to admit, and I'll be rooting for them Monday. But if you take out the talent levels, he's not a good coach. Just talking x's and o's. Great recruiter, obviously pulling in better players than Dougherty, but his best skill behind the bench is letting his players do their thing and him just getting out of the way.

How did Dougherty do with his recruits named McCants, Felton & May?

How did Dougherty do with his recruits named McCants, Felton & May?

Not sure what you're going for here - whether you're trying to say Matt Dougherty was a better recruiter because of those 3, or that he didn't do much with three freshman during the only year he had them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom