Website is redirecting me to virus/spam websites | Syracusefan.com

Website is redirecting me to virus/spam websites

DomeStranger

All Conference
I've been reading the forum today and automatically getting redirected to virus type website's claiming to be McAfee and other garbage. Just being on the website without clicking anything is causing an automatic redirect. Anyone else getting this? This is not happening on any other websites for me, just this one.

Post a screen capture.

'What os and browser. There are no viruses or malware on this site. Some malware software is hypersensitive.

48756319-10F8-4338-A90F-1746D8157853.jpeg

Last edited:
I've been reading the forum today and automatically getting redirected to virus type website's claiming to be McAfee and other garbage. Just being on the website without clicking anything is causing an automatic redirect. Anyone else getting this? This is not happening on any other websites for me, just this one.

Can I assume you are no longer having the problem?

Last edited:
It's been happening to me as well. This is the one I got. Just saw your note on the front page though, I switched over to AO mode now.

1636968140129.png

Switching to AO last night has worked for me.

I noted it this weekend. I thought it was just unique to Syracusefan at the time, but it then happened on at least one other site I was browsing... I think it was basketballreference.com (or hockey or baseball)... it was one of them.

CNYCentral.com kicked me to some Norton Spam Website the other day.

They might have been attacked in the Sinclair hack.

Can I assume you are no longer having the problem?

Yes, I was on the website yesterday and wasn't having any problems but I didn't see an alert that you had replied. I had the same one that tep624 posted above, and also from this website that was posing as McAfee and appears to be from "scan-virus dot com".

Seems to be all good now though, thanks for helping and checking. If you need any more info, let me know.

Using Google Chrome on Win10 in dark mode, FWIW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom