Wednesday Afternoon Articles | Syracusefan.com

Wednesday Afternoon Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
What's with the attitude of some of these writers, it's almost like they want kids to fail and be replaced.

It's not a starting 11, it's a starting 18 or 19, like Shafer said. Kids will rotate in the secondary all year, they will all get plenty of PT. It's not a zero sum game, which is how they seem to treat it.

One thing I don't know about is "near perfect" game. A true freshmen QB completed 71% of his passes and there were only two passes defended beyond the INTs. Love the 3rd down defense and the turnovers generated, that was excellent, but there certaintly room for improvement.

The run defense was excellent, but PSU might have the weakest backfield that SU will face other than Tulane and Wagner.

What's with the attitude of some of these writers, it's almost like they want kids to fail and be replaced.

It's not a starting 11, it's a starting 18 or 19, like Shafer said. Kids will rotate in the secondary all year, they will all get plenty of PT. It's not a zero sum game, which is how they seem to treat it.

One thing I don't know about is "near perfect" game. A true freshmen QB completed 71% of his passes and there were only two passes defended beyond the INTs. Love the 3rd down defense and the turnovers generated, that was excellent, but there certaintly room for improvement.

The run defense was excellent, but PSU might have the weakest backfield that SU will face other than Tulane and Wagner.

Those two backs ran for a combined 1300 yards last year. Zwink had 1000