Wednesday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Wednesday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
12255909-standard.jpg

Syracuse's top football recruit Corey Cooper: A supreme talent who ...

Syracuse football signees: Who could see the field first?

Scott Shafer finds right fit at Cuse

Syracuse vs. the ACC

Big East News

Big East vs. the BCS in 2012

Blogs

Scott Shafer Is Taking That Dead Pig & Running With It

Is Ryan Nassib the Best Fit for the Bills?

Other SU Sports

orange1.jpg

After successful playing career at Syracuse, Caira provides guidance as pitching coach

University News

pub2.jpg

"Hey, They Said Syracuse": 30 Rock & Guys With Kids Edition

Made In Syracuse

'Adult World' movie filmed in Syracuse set to premiere at Tribeca ...

CNY News

Top 10 CNY Restaurants: Here's a completely random, arbitrary list ...

The list of ACC teams we've played is interesting. Why haven't we played Duke since 1939? We've played UNC, NC State and Wake Forest but why not Duke? We are both private schools known more for basketball. it would seem like a good match.

Also, when will the glorious day come when we finally beat NC State? 20-43, 22-28, 0-38, 19-27, 31-32(OT) and 17-38. I remember all of them.

The list of ACC teams we've played is interesting. Why haven't we played Duke since 1939? We've played UNC, NC State and Wake Forest but why not Duke? We are both private schools known more for basketball. it would seem like a good match.

Also, when will the glorious day come when we finally beat NC State? 20-43, 22-28, 0-38, 19-27, 31-32(OT) and 17-38. I remember all of them.

As to why we haven't played Duke, I recall reading an article several years ago where Boeheim is quoted as saying he would never schedule Duke in the regular season since he and coach K are too close. I assume that in part he was referring to their friendship over the years, coaching the olympic team together, and that their families seem to genuinely like each other.

As to why we haven't played Duke, I recall reading an article several years ago where Boeheim is quoted as saying he would never schedule Duke in the regular season since he and coach K are too close. I assume that in part he was referring to their friendship over the years, coaching the olympic team together, and that their families seem to genuinely like each other.

But the article I was responding to was about football. Why haven't we played Duke in football in 73 years?