Week 4 Depth Chart | Syracusefan.com

Week 4 Depth Chart

@ccarlsononSU: Don't take depth chart too seriously. Wayne Williams played 5th-most snaps on d-line vs. CMU. Can't imagine he isn't on true 2-deep.

why isn't josh parries on that if he is now activated?

oh never mind... i misread Nates line about Parris.

Is something going on with GMIII? I'm surprised he only got 11 snaps. Is it a problem, or is it a situation where the coaches know what they have and are saving him for later, while getting lesser known quantities quality snaps.

Is something going on with GMIII? I'm surprised he only got 11 snaps. Is it a problem, or is it a situation where the coaches know what they have and are saving him for later, while getting lesser known quantities quality snaps.

i wouldn't say he's regressed but he looks behind everybody else in ability right now. Really like the way McFarlene has come out looking. I'd love to see what he could do with Gulley's carries right now.

There is a lot more to being a RB than carrying the rock. Different situations call for pass blocking and receiving skills as well, and Gulley possesses all 3 skill sets.

They'll all have their moment to shine. Keep the faith.

I think he got dinged up fairly early vs CMU on a tough run for a first down. He came back for a few carries later on but I presumed he wasn't avail for a bit after getting crushed in the middle of the field scrum and we had other AAM and Erv breaking off nice runs at that point. If you watched the game, you'll recall the play. Got stood up and then bent backwards with his knees already on the ground. CMU pulled the ball out well after he was down and the one CMU player (#4) said something to the ref and got flagged for it.

PTG has built up a lot of equity with me with explosive plays over the years. I know people sometimes people get more excited for the newest guys, but he can play.

PTG has built up a lot of equity with me with explosive plays over the years. I know people sometimes people get more excited for the newest guys, but he can play.
Well said. He's had big games. He's a known quantity. He didn't get this far to suddenly be bad at football.

All of these guys are going to shine at different times. We think it's weird because it's been so long since we've had more than two viable running threats in our offense. But, sports fans, this depth is a good thing. Roll with it.

They'll all have their moment to shine. Keep the faith.
I think he got dinged up fairly early vs CMU on a tough run for a first down. He came back for a few carries later on but I presumed he wasn't avail for a bit after getting crushed in the middle of the field scrum and we had other AAM and Erv breaking off nice runs at that point. If you watched the game, you'll recall the play. Got stood up and then bent backwards with his knees already on the ground. CMU pulled the ball out well after he was down and the one CMU player (#4) said something to the ref and got flagged for it.
I wasn't able to watch the game. I was at a PT continuing education class all weekend. Glad to here he looked good early. Hopefully, he just got dinged and it's nothing more. The little I saw of him last year has given me high hopes for this year.

I wasn't able to watch the game. I was at a PT continuing education class all weekend. Glad to here he looked good early. Hopefully, he just got dinged and it's nothing more. The little I saw of him last year has given me high hopes for this year.

Scratch that. It was actually McFarlane that got dinged midway through the 2nd quarter.

4th and 1 at CMU 11Devante McFarlane run for 3 yds to the CMich 8 for a 1ST down
1st and Goal at CMU 8CENTRAL MICH Penalty, unsportsmanlike conduct (Brandon Greer) to the CMich 4

Regardless, I think it was just a case of playing the hot hand at RB and we had AAM and Erv going off in the second half.

surprised kobena played as much as he did must of been in garbage time

Nate Mink ‏@MinkNate 1m
Fleeting note from last night: WR Quinta Funderburk not traveling to CMU was a numbers deal. "Kobena was better" in Tuesday's practice.
OOF. Talk about a blow to your confidence. But it just goes to show the talent that SU has recruited over the last few years. Remember when Kobena was the third WR? Caught a TD pass in the '12 opener vs. NW, now he's buried so far in the depth chart, he's almost not making the road trips.

i thought the ACC only had numbers limits on ACC games?

Maybe we have budget cuts on how many people travel. Mink didn't say it was ACC related.

Maybe we have budget cuts on how many people travel. Mink didn't say it was ACC related.

72 player limit for ACC games. We took 72 players to CMU.

Might as well start now.

Let's see who goes to NYC.

i wouldn't say he's regressed but he looks behind everybody else in ability right now. Really like the way McFarlene has come out looking. I'd love to see what he could do with Gulley's carries right now.

Is it just me or does it seem everytime GMIII is in the game the line gets blown up. He gets the ball and there are people right in his face. I know in the last game he had to hurdle some and give a spin move just to get 8 yards. But that can happen on limited carries. You only get 2-3 carries a game the line gets blown up those plays those stats will look like crap.

Is it just me or does it seem everytime GMIII is in the game the line gets blown up. He gets the ball and there are people right in his face. I know in the last game he had to hurdle some and give a spin move just to get 8 yards. But that can happen on limited carries. You only get 2-3 carries a game the line gets blown up those plays those stats will look like crap.

Yeah I noticed that to. That's how it goes for some players. They get their number called and the line gets blown up, the QB gets sacks, ball gets tip ...etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom