Week 9 Depth Chart / Injury Thread | Syracusefan.com

Week 9 Depth Chart / Injury Thread

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...ootball_clemson_depth_chart.html#incart_river

The only notable changes from the pregame WFU depth chart are Eric Crume in for the injured Wayne Williams at nose tackle and Prince-Tyson Gulley added as a punt return option to Ritchy Desir.

B0azFHBCQAI6Ber.png

Still no Broyld, Estime...

@dougherty_jesse: SU's depth chart for Clemson is out. C John Miller, who didn't play against WFU, is not listed in the two-deep. Emerich is the starter.

I wouldn't worry too much about the weekly depth chart. It's more a reflection of what the depth chart was at the end of last week's game instead of projecting forward to next week's game.

The Monday release of it is one of the most useless exercises the AD goes through. And there are lots.

Miller's ankle has to be a mess. He went down pretty hard and was clearly in a ton of pain. Trudo and Robinson will have their work cut out for them. Hell, they all will.

Really need Broyld and Estime back to help out West and Ishmael.

Rocco said:
Miller's ankle has to be a mess. He went down pretty hard and was clearly in a ton of pain. Trudo and Robinson will have their work cut out for them. Hell, they all will. Really need Broyld and Estime back to help out West and Ishmael.

That was also the second time he went down. Got hurt earlier, limped off but came back in a couple of series later, when he went down in a lot of pain as you said.

I think if these guys are still questionable you keep them out and have all hands on deck for the last 4 games.

Why release a depth chart on Monday?

The game isn't for 6 days.

We need Broyld, Estime and Miller if we're going to beat Clemson.

Everyone is gonna press and double cover Ishmael now.

its basically : what was the depth chart used to finish the last game

Miller's ankle has to be a mess. He went down pretty hard and was clearly in a ton of pain. Trudo and Robinson will have their work cut out for them. Hell, they all will.

Really need Broyld and Estime back to help out West and Ishmael.
Not sure what they showed on TV but at some point in the game (I think it was around the end of the first quarter), John Miller got up and started running up and down the Syracuse sideline. He wasn't sprinting but he wasn't limping badly either.

At that point, Emerich had been struggling some. I am pretty sure the staff was thinking of putting Miller in. Emerich played better from that point and Miller did not get back up.

But I think he was close to playing Saturday. Given this, I would be kind of surprised if he wasn't out there starting against Clemson.

Why do they have Thompson, (at 257) playing inside instead of Johnson (at 287)?

On one hand, the Monday release of a depth chart is meaningless.

On the other, Gulley as a punt return option? Really?

Not sure what they showed on TV but at some point in the game (I think it was around the end of the first quarter), John Miller got up and started running up and down the Syracuse sideline. He wasn't sprinting but he wasn't limping badly either.

At that point, Emerich had been struggling some. I am pretty sure the staff was thinking of putting Miller in. Emerich played better from that point and Miller did not get back up.

But I think he was close to playing Saturday. Given this, I would be kind of surprised if he wasn't out there starting against Clemson.

Agreed, I think Broyld and Lewis were also close to playing Saturday, I suspect both plus Miller will play vs Clemson. Only one who seems out for a while still is Estime.

Why do they have Thompson, (at 257) playing inside instead of Johnson (at 287)?

Apparently because Thompson can handle the position better.

I'm also not willing to accept those weights at face value. As we all know, the listed roster has had some details incorrect in the past. Ron doesn't seem to be that slight to me, and he seems to be holding up well no matter where he's playing.

Tommy, just so I can watch the Clemson game without squinting, tell me the staff is going to be able to shore up the R side of the OL against one of the best defensive fronts in D-1! Every time I see an offensive play get blown up, when I review the play I see Palmer, Lasker or Emerich discarded and laying on the ground. Emerich hasn't been too bad for being called up in place of Miller. And Miller improved markedly after the Nova game, before getting hurt. But the R-T/R-G situation worries me ... because every time Robinson goes out, Palmer has to slide over to back him up and then Lasker comes in. Am I understanding this situation correctly?

Tommy, just so I can watch the Clemson game without squinting, tell me the staff is going to be able to shore up the R side of the OL against one of the best defensive fronts in D-1! Every time I see an offensive play get blown up, when I review the play I see Palmer, Lasker or Emerich discarded and laying on the ground. Emerich hasn't been too bad for being called up in place of Miller. And Miller improved markedly after the Nova game, before getting hurt. But the R-T/R-G situation worries me ... because every time Robinson goes out, Palmer has to slide over to back him up and then Lasker comes in. Am I understanding this situation correctly?
The right side is the weak side of the SU line, at least since Foy when out with his lower body injury. My understanding is that his injury is a serious one and he is unlikely to return.

Robinson has a bad wheel right now, which is limiting his effectiveness. He is playing okay but lacks the drive and power he has when fully healthy. It would be great to be able to rest him for a couple of weeks and get him back to 100% but given how Lasker played when he initially replaced Foy at RT (you are correct, in this scenario, Palmer would move to his natural OG position), that seems unlikely.

I think Palmer is doing a reasonably good job at RT but man, it would be nice to have him playing RG full time, with Foy at RT and Robinson resting, to spell Trudo and Palmer as needed. That is a really solid offensive line.

Thought Emerich has done a decent job at center. He is a little undersized and could use some more strength (reminds me of Miller last year) but has some promise if he is willing to break his back working during the off season to get bigger and stronger.

Having Miller back will help a lot. Hope he will be ready for the Tigers Saturday night.

Agreed, I think Broyld and Lewis were also close to playing Saturday, I suspect both plus Miller will play vs Clemson. Only one who seems out for a while still is Estime.
Estime said on Instagram or Twitter he is playing this week