Week 9 Depth Chart / Injury Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Week 9 Depth Chart / Injury Thread

Apparently because Thompson can handle the position better.

I'm also not willing to accept those weights at face value. As we all know, the listed roster has had some details incorrect in the past. Ron doesn't seem to be that slight to me, and he seems to be holding up well no matter where he's playing.

Johnson is clearly thicker than Thompson and the DT position is about taking on 600 pound double teams. But obviously you are right. There's more to it than just weights on a depth chart. If Thompson simply plays the position better, then he'll be there. Tim green wasn't all that big and he was a DT back in the day.

Johnson is clearly thicker than Thompson and the DT position is about taking on 600 pound double teams. But obviously you are right. There's more to it than just weights on a depth chart. If Thompson simply plays the position better, then he'll be there. Tim green wasn't all that big and he was a DT back in the day.

Kevin Mitchell is another one that comes to mind as an undersized DL, and he was playing as a 3-4 NT. I was pretty young at the time, but I found it fascinating that he played NT in college and then carved out a pretty nice career as an NFL MLB.

As far as Thompson, while I'm not focusing on the DL play all that closely while watching the games, I don't think he's the one in there taking on the double-teams. That's more Crume/Williams/Raymon now, playing the Nose, while the other DT is free to take on the guard 1 on 1. I hope all 3 of our bigger guys are healthy come the last couple games v. Pitt and BC. I'd hate to have Ron trying to plug the middle too much against the run-heavy teams. We've been able to get away with it so far since most of the teams we've played to this point are spread-type teams.

TexanMark said:
I'm sure Coach Shaf loves the intel leak.

He was dressed and moving around pretty good during pregame last week, if you recall.

I'm sure Coach Shaf loves the intel leak.

Yea, who knows if he actually suits up. Prolly wasn't the smartest move on Brisly's part, but figured if it was up there I'd share it here because plenty of people saw it.

The right side is the weak side of the SU line, at least since Foy when out with his lower body injury. My understanding is that his injury is a serious one and he is unlikely to return.

Robinson has a bad wheel right now, which is limiting his effectiveness. He is playing okay but lacks the drive and power he has when fully healthy. It would be great to be able to rest him for a couple of weeks and get him back to 100% but given how Lasker played when he initially replaced Foy at RT (you are correct, in this scenario, Palmer would move to his natural OG position), that seems unlikely.

I think Palmer is doing a reasonably good job at RT but man, it would be nice to have him playing RG full time, with Foy at RT and Robinson resting, to spell Trudo and Palmer as needed. That is a really solid offensive line.

Thought Emerich has done a decent job at center. He is a little undersized and could use some more strength (reminds me of Miller last year) but has some promise if he is willing to break his back working during the off season to get bigger and stronger.

Having Miller back will help a lot. Hope he will be ready for the Tigers Saturday night.
all this makes me wonder what kind of line we produce next year..

all this makes me wonder what kind of line we produce next year..

I think it should be very good.

LT McGloster/Lasker/Ward
LG Robinson
C Trudo
RG Palmer
RT Foy

or

LT Foy
LG Trudo
C Emerich
RG Robinson
RT Palmer/Lasker/McGloster/Ward

LT McGloster/Lasker/Ward
LG Robinson
C Trudo
RG Palmer
RT Foy

or

LT Foy
LG Trudo
C Emerich
RG Robinson

Ward is the darkhorse here. He could jump any number of the incumbents and be in line to play a lot. The kid was a top-level recruit.

Ward is the darkhorse here. He could jump any number of the incumbents and be in line to play a lot. The kid was a top-level recruit.
I've seen him on campus a couple of times. He certainly has the size thing covered.

LT McGloster/Lasker/Ward
LG Robinson
C Trudo
RG Palmer
RT Foy

or

LT Foy
LG Trudo
C Emerich
RG Robinson

I'm going with :

LT Foy
LG Trudo/Roberts
C Emerich
RG Palmer/Robinson
RT Ward/Lasker

Besides the two kids red-shirting we don't really know anything about the other kids, would be great if someone emerges. McGloster, Joe Burton and Donnie Foster were recruited projects.

Per Syracuse Roster (scholarship kids):

C - Donnie Foster 6-3 / 316
OG - Alex Hayers 6-2 / 303
OT - Jamar McGloster 6-7 / 303
OT - Joe Burton 6-8 / 325

Committed to Date:

Evan Adams 6-6 /275
(O) Maryland, Temple, Uconn

Colin Byrne 6-4 / 314
(O) Cincinnati

Sam Clausman 6-3 / 310
(O) Marshall

Cody Conway 6-6 280
(O) Illinois, Rutgers

AJ Duerig 6-4 / 281
(O) Toledo

I've heard they've been really happy with McGloster's development. I don't know that it means he's ready, but from where he started to where he is has been a pleasant surprise from what I've heard.

I wonder how Burton's doing, certainly has the frame necessary. It's nice to see that type of size on the depth chart.

Jacob Klinger‏@Jacob_Klinger_ now3 seconds ago
Brisly Estime and Ashton Broyld have both practiced this week, Shafer said. Both are good for Saturday. @dosports

Pleasantly suprised Estime is back thought he might need another week, great to have him back. Not surprised at all Broyld is back, heard he nearly played last week. Will be good to get them both back in the fold. Wouldnt be surprised if Lewis is back to.

I'm going with :

LT Foy
LG Trudo/Roberts
C Emerich
RG Palmer/Robinson
RT Ward/Lasker

Besides the two kids red-shirting we don't really know anything about the other kids, would be great if someone emerges. McGloster, Joe Burton and Donnie Foster were recruited projects.

Per Syracuse Roster (scholarship kids):

C - Donnie Foster 6-3 / 316
OG - Alex Hayers 6-2 / 303
OT - Jamar McGloster 6-7 / 303
OT - Joe Burton 6-8 / 325
Donnie Foster is actually a walk-on. But, apparently, they think highly enough of him as a True Frosh, Non-Scholly player, that he's the (presumed) 4th-string center behind Miller, Emerich, and Trudo.

Will be interested to see Long's accuracy with a smaller receiver like Estime, which I believe Hunt sometimes struggled with.

Nothing to see, AJ has a laser guided missile attached to the base of his tattooed throwing arm. Accuracy is no issue for that type of arsenal.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...ootball_clemson_depth_chart.html#incart_river

The only notable changes from the pregame WFU depth chart are Eric Crume in for the injured Wayne Williams at nose tackle and Prince-Tyson Gulley added as a punt return option to Ritchy Desir.

B0azFHBCQAI6Ber.png
interesting they moved franklin to inside , and Bennett is now 2nd string in outside , I like it ! He's huge and fast . We haven't had mlb that big in awhile .

Miller is listed as probable but not on the depth chart at center.

Lewis listed as questionable but second on the depth chart at receiver.

Translation: depth chart is meaningless.

Interesting they have franklin on the inside now as the number 2 , I like that he's huge and has good speed.. I think he's biggest mlb were had in awhile even bigger than mike Mele (kidding)

Ithacaorange said:
Interesting they have franklin on the inside now as the number 2 , I like that he's huge and has good speed.. I think he's biggest mlb were had in awhile even bigger than mike Mele (kidding)

Gotta wonder if they move Hodge outside next year.

Will be interested to see Long's accuracy with a smaller receiver like Estime, which I believe Hunt sometimes struggled with.
hunt struggled with all the WR who were under 9 ft tall it seemed.