Well, it took 7 years... | Syracusefan.com

Well, it took 7 years...

RF2044

Living Legend
...but Syracuse finally beat the snot out of Pittsburgh.

[For those who don't get the reference, back in December 2009 - during the Wes transfer season - after we got off to such a great start, we played Pitt at home. Some poster started a thread proclaiming how he looked forward to seeing us beat the snot out of Pitt, after all of our lack of success against them... and we proceeded to go out and get rolled].

More importantly, another quality win for our resume. Have to keep this rolling. A road win against VT would be even better for our postseason chances.

Let's Go Orange!!!

...but Syracuse finally beat the snot out of Pittsburgh.

[For those who don't get the reference, back in December 2009 - during the Wes transfer season - after we got off to such a great start, we played Pitt at home. Some poster started a thread proclaiming how he looked forward to seeing us beat the snot out of Pitt, after all of our lack of success against them... and we proceeded to go out and get rolled].

More importantly, another quality win for our resume. Have to keep this rolling. A road win against VT would be even better for our postseason chances.

Let's Go Orange!!!
In 2011-12, at home we started fast and got out to a quick 10-0 lead. But sure enough that game went to the wire as well.

I can't even remember beating Pitt, except for the Tyler Ennis shot. I mean, I know we have beaten them but all I remember is them beating us even during the years we had fantastic teams. Oooooh, it rankles! This was one of the most satisfying wins I've experienced, made doubly delightful by its unexpectedness and the deliciousness of our first half play.

It makes a difference when the coach actually teaches his players to play real basketball instead of how to clutch, grab, and set illegal screens. Didn't win them the game, but it made for a more enjoyable viewing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom