Went to see BJ Johnson play last night | Syracusefan.com

Went to see BJ Johnson play last night

poc44

Scout Team
Pretty good talent wise. Shot the ball well from three and had some nice moves and follow up dunks. I came away impressed but with that said he is very very slim (not surprised for most high school kids). He had very good form from the free throw line so for Syracuse that is a plus. I think he will do well in the zone defensively since he is long. I would say he is more like 6'5" ish nothing taller. One negative was he lost control of his emotions in the 2nd quarter and threw literally threw an opposing player to the ground and received a technical and was lucky to not have been ejected. Nothing major to report besides that because aside from a late 1st quarter comeback from the opposing team the game was really never in doubt.

Have you checked the recruiting board? I believe his dad says he is almost 6' 8" and talks about BJ's most recent doctor visits. Curious what leads you to believe he is only 6'5".

I assumed he was done. Where did he play? And against who? I tried to go to the Central League Championship at Marple Newtown HS on the 9th, but they moved it to the following Monday because of the massive (1.5") snowstorm that weekend. Of course I had to work out of town that day. I actually did go to their game at Radnor, but BJ was on the bench in street clothes. In my own CTO moment, I realized at halftime that I was sitting right next to his Dad. Turned out BJ had the flu that night and although he could have played, they were saving him for the championship game.

Pretty good talent wise. Shot the ball well from three and had some nice moves and follow up dunks. I came away impressed but with that said he is very very slim (not surprised for most high school kids). He had very good form from the free throw line so for Syracuse that is a plus. I think he will do well in the zone defensively since he is long. I would say he is more like 6'5" ish nothing taller. One negative was he lost control of his emotions in the 2nd quarter and threw literally threw an opposing player to the ground and received a technical and was lucky to not have been ejected. Nothing major to report besides that because aside from a late 1st quarter comeback from the opposing team the game was really never in doubt.

how good is his handle? can he play shooting guard or is he destined for the small foward spot?

Have you checked the recruiting board? I believe his dad says he is almost 6' 8" and talks about BJ's most recent doctor visits. Curious what leads you to believe he is only 6'5".

To me, he looks a lot like a younger C.J. Fair. A bit smaller, but his jump shot is almost identical - needs a little space to get it off, and is a little slow with his release, but if he's open, he's money.

He played at home at Kobe Gym against Penncrest. I just saw him face to face and I am not the tallest guy but he wasn't almost a foot taller then me and I am 5'10". I think his handle is decent but I don't think in anyway he can play the 2.

Ya, you really should read Johnson's reports on the recruiting board.

I have been on it and follow him since he is local. I want to clarify that I think the kid is very talented and can be a force. My comments about his game last night in no shape or form was intended to blast him. He played a very good game. The technical I think changed the way he played a little because I think and most people in the stands thought he was lucky to not get ejected.

Ya, you really should read Johnson's reports on the recruiting board.

His dad gets a little carried away, but sounds like a good guy, and was a good player himself with LaSalle when they had Lionel Simmons, IIRC. Of course, if I had a kid who got a D I scholarship to a place like Syracuse, I'd be pretty pumped, too. I just hope things don't turn sour if B.J. doesn't break into the rotation next year.

I was more or less referring to all the info that our guys and BJs dad have talked about on his progress and overall game. Just saying, if you were not sure, that's the place to get it. Good to have anothers view and analysis from seeing him live. I know im not expecting BJ to set the world on fire his first yr or anything, but def think the kid will be an under the radar contributor for us . Really excited about this kids potential and abilities

I'm a little over 6'5"
Bj senior night.jpg
Mother, BJ, Stepmother and OGBJ

In this league all year long they have been letting teams give us cheap shots and nothing is done about from league or referees. You did not see the Springfield game where BJ, while going for a dunk on a break was low bridged from behind as he was 10ft in front of the defender and the defender runs straight threw the back of BJ causing him to go horizontal about 8ft in the air landing on his left shoulder and back. That's the kind of I don't take at all when it is deliberate. I've watched all year and know what I saw. So I was happy that he pushed dude to the ground as well as Raheem Brooks stopping the that was being done to him. I'll tell you what, nobody had to worry about anything else going on in the game after that.

I believe so, as well. He is looking forward to the challenges but first we have some unfinished business in this neck of the woods. Let's go ACES, CUSE!
Goodluck against Coatesville tomorrow! How close is BJ to being full strength after his flu from last week?

Goodluck against Coatesville tomorrow! How close is BJ to being full strength after his flu from last week?
He is feeling great at this time. Seems to be at 100% healthwise.

He is feeling great at this time. Seems to be at 100% healthwise.
Awesome! Perfect timing for the upcoming slate of games. Keep dominating these playoff games and proof those silly rankings wrong!

In this league all year long they have been letting teams give us cheap shots and nothing is done about from league or referees. You did not see the Springfield game where BJ, while going for a dunk on a break was low bridged from behind as he was 10ft in front of the defender and the defender runs straight threw the back of BJ causing him to go horizontal about 8ft in the air landing on his left shoulder and back. That's the kind of I don't take at all when it is deliberate. I've watched all year and know what I saw. So I was happy that he pushed dude to the ground as well as Raheem Brooks stopping the that was being done to him. I'll tell you what, nobody had to worry about anything else going on in the game after that.
Thats like playing Pitt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom