We're gonna miss this hard hitting media coverage...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by bpo57, Jan 11, 2017.

1. bpo57

bpo57 Hall of Fame

You're right that I shouldn't have lumped you in with some of the other schmoes here who bought the buzzfeed report hook, line and sinker. My bad.

As for your earlier question of where I found that link it was on drudge. That site (newsbusters) chronicles media bias. A worthy pursuit imo, particularly if one were to read some of those embarrassing quotes from various media figures in that piece.

2. HOFCeluck

HOFCeluck HTF did I get all these likes

That's fair.

BTW I feel like it's been a while since you posted. This place is real boring if it's just people posting anti Trump sht and posters piling on.

3. rrlbees

rrlbees Administrator Staff Member

Drudge. An alt right fan huh? Who could have known.

4. bpo57

bpo57 Hall of Fame

Some days I just don't have the energy to post on this board as it's the equivalent of stepping outside and taking a leak in a hurricane.

I'm afraid some of these dudes will be straight-jacketed by April.

senorpalmer and HOFCeluck like this.
  5. bpo57

bpo57 Hall of Fame

It's essentially a clearinghouse of links from a wide range of alt-right sources such as WaPo, AP and NYT.

You gotta lotta nerve to question internet sources given some of the links you provide.

6. rrlbees

You mean like info wars and Breitbart. Lol.

7. bpo57

bpo57 Hall of Fame

You prefer HuffPo and MoJo? lol

8. senorpalmer

senorpalmer All Conference

That made me laugh. And I've definitely been there before.

HOFCeluck likes this.
  9. bpo57

bpo57 Hall of Fame

It's very plausible that Trump will do a lousy job but I also think there's a possibility that he has some success. Either way I know for damn sure that a large portion of the Media will be hellbent on taking him down any way possible. I think that calls for a major dose of skepticism whenever one evaluates Trump's performance. Trump was already nuts but much of the media has become unhinged as well.

10. senorpalmer

Without getting into a big back and forth on this, the guy gives a lot of reasons to despise him. Arguments about policy are one thing and there'd be bitching here either way if someone else had won--he's not in office yet so there's not a whole lot to discuss policy-wise. I can even find things he says sometimes that I even agree with. But he instigates something almost every day, conducting himself in a way that is so beneath the position he holds. It is genuinely embarrassing to me and makes me feel some shame for our nation. I won't speak for everyone but I think my criticism of him here, while sometimes heated, is rarely unreasonable. I'm open to feedback if you disagree. He's in a position where the spotlight is on him, people are going to notice and they should notice. If you're going to do and say outrageous things regularly, it's going to elicit outrage in response more often.

CuseFaninVT, Conrad13 and br801 like this.
  11. HOFCeluck

HOFCeluck HTF did I get all these likes

He's not qualified for the office at the most basic levels. So policy gets ignored, and everyone gets dumber.

CuseFaninVT and senorpalmer like this.
  12. bpo57

bpo57 Hall of Fame

I agree with most of what you say. The tit for tat nonsense is exhausting and a big waste of time and energy. But I can understand to a certain degree why he uses twitter in an attempt to get past the Media. I'm sorry man but the Media is B-R-U-T-A-L. Their credibility is in the toilet and in many ways they're a perfect foil for Trump. A ton of folks hate the media as much as many here hate Trump.

Of course this all could have been avoided if the dems didn't nominate a hideous candidate while morphing in to the grievance party over the last decade. Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, wow a lot of self-inflicted wounds there.

13. rrlbees

The media is far more credible than trump and it's not even close. You like to blame everything on the media while ignoring everything trump says and the myriad of corruption and lies that surround him.

14. senorpalmer

I have no problem with the president using twitter to communicate to the public, it can be an excellent tool. It's what he puts in those tweets that's the problem. There's plenty to criticize the media for but I don't see how they're responsible for how he conducts himself. He is the one responsible for his words and his behavior.

The Dems ultimately have to own not being able to win, but again they don't bear responsibility for how he behaves. And remember, the other republicans couldn't beat him either despite their supposed deep bench.

15. bpo57

bpo57 Hall of Fame

So you have no problem with this buzzfeed fake news dump?

16. bpo57

bpo57 Hall of Fame

Answer the question right above this post.

17. rrlbees

I only have a problem with it because it minimized CNNs accurate report and it has now become the news instead of the real news. It's funny trump and his minions are offended by something that may not be 100% credible. It's what he and his supporters thrived on the past year.

18. rrlbees

19. senorpalmer

I think they hurt themselves. And if he wants to rip them that's fine, this is the rare case where his behavior is justified. There's not enough time in the day to cover all of the awful things he has said and done.