Wes back to LAL | Syracusefan.com

Wes back to LAL

'Lakers star Kobe Bryant texted new head coach Byron Scott this weekend after news broke that he had accepted the job.

“He told me he was working out with Wesley [Johnson] and Nick [Young],” Scott said. “I told them that sounded great, but ‘they better be ready to play some defense."'

This is a great situation for Wes. He's going to get serious playing time and the Lakers do expect a return on investment from him.

He should have a good chance to start again. Johnson and Henry are the only SF's on the roster. I'm sure Young and Kobe will play together a lot, but neither is a natural SF and Young is a good guy to bring off the bench for instant offense.

Wes quietly had a pretty decent year last year. 9 ppg, 37% from 3, over a block and a steal per game and he's a pretty good and versatile defender. He just has to play with energy consistently. There's no reason he can't stay in the league for a long time, he has all the tools to be a good defender and 3 point shooter from the SF spot.

He should have a good chance to start again. Johnson and Henry are the only SF's on the roster. I'm sure Young and Kobe will play together a lot, but neither is a natural SF and Young is a good guy to bring off the bench for instant offense.

Wes quietly had a pretty decent year last year. 9 ppg, 37% from 3, over a block and a steal per game and he's a pretty good and versatile defender. He just has to play with energy consistently. There's no reason he can't stay in the league for a long time, he has all the tools to be a good defender and 3 point shooter from the SF spot.

Wow so theyre playing him at SF instead of guard? What a concept :rolleyes:

Wow so theyre playing him at SF instead of guard? What a concept :rolleyes:
These guys vehemently disagree!
rambis.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online