Wes to the Clippers. | Syracusefan.com

Wes to the Clippers.

Good spot for Wes/deal for the Clips. Looks to be for the vet minimum

Wes is a good rotation player. I wish he could reach Trevor Ariza or Matt Barnes level. Where he can hit 3's, carry a team for a game or couple game stretch, and be a piece on a good team.

Wes is a good rotation player. I wish he could reach Trevor Ariza or Matt Barnes level. Where he can hit 3's, carry a team for a game or couple game stretch, and be a piece on a good team.

I don't think Wes is as athletic as Ariza, but Matt Barnes is a good comparison, minus being a nutcase of course.

So long as Wes stays healthy, he's going to be able to sign one year vet minimum deals until he hits his mid-30s I think.

i cant believe a team wouldnt give him a 2 yr 5 mil or a 3 yr 7 mil deal.

especially when there were numerous contenders after him.

After this contract, he'll have made $15 million in his career. Not bad

and 1 more year of vesting for his pension which is prob worth a few thousand per year.

Hope he learns from my all time favorite - Paul Pierce

Good place to revive your career. Play with a great pg and by all accounts he is going to start and pierce is going to be the sixth man.

I don't think Wes is as athletic as Ariza, but Matt Barnes is a good comparison, minus being a nutcase of course.

I think he's every bit as athletic as Ariza. Ariza is just stronger and plays much better through contact.

Good place to revive your career. Play with a great pg and by all accounts he is going to start and pierce is going to be the sixth man.
Really? That's strange if so but awesome for Wes.

Huh?

Clippers signed Pierce to a 3 year 10 million dollar deal and signed Wes to the vet's minimum and Pierce is going to sit on the bench behind Wes? Pierce had a way better year last year than Wes too. How do you even figure that Wes would be starting over PP?

Huh?

Clippers signed Pierce to a 3 year 10 million dollar deal and signed Wes to the vet's minimum and Pierce is going to sit on the bench behind Wes? Pierce had a way better year last year than Wes too. How do you even figure that Wes would be starting over PP?

It's how Doc wants to use him so he is fresh for the stretch run. Obviously even at his advanced NBA age Pierce is much better than Wes.

It's how Doc wants to use him so he is fresh for the stretch run. Obviously even at his advanced NBA age Pierce is much better than Wes.

I haven't read one thing saying that Wes is going to start, every single thing I've read was that he would be on the bench backup up Pierce and Blake Griffin, which is odd to me as well because how in the heck would Wes play the 4.

You don't sign Paul Pierce to that kind of contract and bench him behind Wes Johnson, that's an insult.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/clipp...ppers-sign-wesley-johnson-20150707-story.html

He will be able to back up both veteran small forward Paul Pierce, who figures to play limited minutes as a starter at age 38, and power forward Blake Griffin.

Huh?

Did you read the article from the OP, the site that broke the signing?

I think Pierce will sit out a lot of back to backs and Doc will want to keep Lance Stephenson as the 6th man. I think Wes will start some games, but he is what the LAC needed last year which is depth. The LAC bench was god awful last year, it was Big Baby Davis, Jamal Crawford, and garbage. The Clippers will not be a contender because of the loss of Jordan, but they will be a dangerous playoff team.

The NBA is an arms race between Cleveland and San Antonio right now.

I think Pierce will sit out a lot of back to backs and Doc will want to keep Lance Stephenson as the 6th man. I think Wes will start some games, but he is what the LAC needed last year which is depth. The LAC bench was god awful last year, it was Big Baby Davis, Jamal Crawford, and garbage. The Clippers will not be a contender because of the loss of Jordan, but they will be a dangerous playoff team.

I still wouldn't count out Golden State. Their three best players are all under 27. That should mean they are getting better.

The one thing I would worry about with Cleveland is Kyrie has literally never been healthy. Not in High School, Duke, or now in the NBA. I'm not say he is D Rose, but he needs to play 75 games next year.

San Antonio killed it this offseason. Absolutely killed free agency.

And they aren't done yet--they'll make some additional smart [albeit smaller scale] moves to flesh out depth with quality system fits.

The two biggest things Cleveland has going for them are Lebron and being in the East. Other than that I still think it's an iffy team, and they gave some of their guys waaaaaay too much money this offseason. I know, today's bad contract is next offseason's bargain, but that team is just built in a really odd fashion.

Although, I do think they may have pulled a slick move convincing JR Smith to opt out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom