Wes to the Clippers. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Wes to the Clippers.

I was kinda hoping Wes would end up backing up Melo in NY

much better for him though

It looks like DeAndre Jordan is having second doubts. OMG would Mark Cuban go crazy if he reneges on his deal in principle and goes back to the LAC.

Cuban was one of the biggest crybabies when the Lakers made a fair deal for CP3. I can't wait for his meltdown.

CJeNvZGUkAAOPP0.png

Clippers HAD to get Jordan. I don't think either the clippers or jordan come off looking great here, but the clippers basically had no other path to title contention.

I didn't follow it, so what happened? Jordan agreed in principle with the Mavs but then had second thoughts and signed with the Clips while his team mates surrounded the house or something?

They're still only the fourth or fifth best team in the west.

I didn't follow it, so what happened? Jordan agreed in principle with the Mavs but then had second thoughts and signed with the Clips while his team mates surrounded the house or something?
Not sure what to call it: a done deal; un-done deal; a done un-deal ... at any rate, it looks like Jordan signed with the Clippers. That means, instead of struggling in the bottom half of the division, Wes is joining a playoff contender.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...s-angeles-clippers-dallas-mavericks/29881963/

With DeAndre Jordan back in the lineup?

If Oklahoma State is healthy, you have to put them fourth or fifth.

Golden State
SAS
OKC

Then it's LAC or Houston.

Houston beat them last year, so they deserve some respect. I'm not giving LAC too much credit here. They re-signed Jordan, and added Lance and Wes, who are both average players. Lance was actually below average last year. And an aged Paul Pierce., while they probably unload Jamal Crawford. They still can't guard Golden State or OKC on the perimeter.

fivethirtyeight.com predicts Golden State and SAS to both win 60+ next year.

If Oklahoma State is healthy, you have to put them fourth or fifth.

Golden State
SAS
OKC

Then it's LAC or Houston.

Houston beat them last year, so they deserve some respect. I'm not giving LAC too much credit here. They re-signed Jordan, and added Lance and Wes, who are both average players. Lance was actually below average last year. And an aged Paul Pierce., while they probably unload Jamal Crawford. They still can't guard Golden State or OKC on the perimeter.

fivethirtyeight.com predicts Golden State and SAS to both win 60+ next year.
They may not be game-changers, but Wes and Pierce are nice additions. I like Wes' defense and both players can hit the 3, something the Clippers need. With these additions and Jordan re-signed, I'm wondering why 30-weight thinks they will be worse than last year ... they went 56-26 and were a 3 seed (West) with the same record as Houston, behind only GSW.

Last edited:
They may not be game-changers, but Wes and Pierce are nice additions. I like Wes' defense and both players can hit the 3, something the Clippers need. With these additions and Jordan re-signed, why would they be worse than last year ... they were 56-26 and a 3 seed (West) with the same record as Houston, behind only GSW.

The reason they lost to Houston IMO was that they simply did not have enough off the bench. Crawford and Davis, that was it. I think they should be as good, possibly better and certainly better constructed for a 7 game series. That said Golden St will be excellent again and San Antonio will be much better than last season. Still the Clips should get a chance to play Golden St, San Antonio or Houston in the playoffs.

Clippers bench was awful last year. I'm not sure they need to move Crawford now, depends on what kind of tax bill Ballmer wants to pay.

I have the Clippers 4th; they were very good last year but Golden State was way better; Spurs were close but added Aldridge. And OKC with t heir studs healthy is going to be right there.

Clippers bench was awful last year. I'm not sure they need to move Crawford now, depends on what kind of tax bill Ballmer wants to pay.

I have the Clippers 4th; they were very good last year but Golden State was way better; Spurs were close but added Aldridge. And OKC with t heir studs healthy is going to be right there.

If they're fully invested in the Lance Stephenson experience (woof), then I think it makes it difficult for Lance and Jamal to co-exist, both are pretty ball dependent. Ideally I think you send Jamal somewhere for a third big so you don't have to rely too much on this guy.

200_s.gif

If they're fully invested in the Lance Stephenson experience (woof), then I think it makes it difficult for Lance and Jamal to co-exist, both are pretty ball dependent. Ideally I think you send Jamal somewhere for a third big so you don't have to rely too much on this guy.

200_s.gif

I'm not syaing they have to keep Crawford, but before Jordan came back I think they were pretty much forced to in order t get some kind of big. Now at least they can reallocate the talent as opposed to trading a pretty good sixth man for any kind of a big guy.

They may not be game-changers, but Wes and Pierce are nice additions. I like Wes' defense and both players can hit the 3, something the Clippers need. With these additions and Jordan re-signed, I'm wondering why 30-weight thinks they will be worse than last year ... they went 56-26 and were a 3 seed (West) with the same record as Houston, behind only GSW.

The west is just so ridiculously loaded. This Clippers team might of won the title 3 years ago, but I think Golden State and San Antonio will be machines next year.

Last years Clippers team was swept in the regular season by Golden State, so they need to improve a lot just to get over them, and Golden States core is still improving.

The west is just so ridiculously loaded. This Clippers team might of won the title 3 years ago, but I think Golden State and San Antonio will be machines next year.

Last years Clippers team was swept in the regular season by Golden State, so they need to improve a lot just to get over them, and Golden States core is still improving.
GS was unbelievable in the finals ... especially Curry. Having him and Thompson in the backcourt together is "pick your poison". Then Iguodala starts driving and hitting 3's ... it was overwhelming even for a good defensive (and rebounding) team like the Cavs. I don't see the Clippers having anywhere near the perimeter defense to slow GS down, even with a good defender like Wes Johnson coming in. And as pointed out (you and Knicks), they don't have the bench.

But if the Clippers could add a second reliable 3 point threat (and better outside defense), Griffin and Jordan are wrecking machines inside.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom