West Virginia wants nothing to do with cuse | Syracusefan.com

West Virginia wants nothing to do with cuse

They're a program on a serious decline. Even after they fire Holgorsen, they're going to have to get lucky hiring an up and comer or a coordinator. Not likely that they'll be able to pry away a good coach with their recruiting disadvantage and travel issues.

I wonder if they give Holgerson more time if he has another losing season. They are recruiting pretty damn well so far this year. That high school coach from Florida they hired is killing it on the recruiting trail so far. If Holgy does get fired, I wonder if maybe GMac has a connection with that dude. Can't hurt to have even more of a presence down in south Florida.

JaJuan Seider. Nevermind, looks like he had college experience before at Marshall for a couple years, and is also a WVU grad. He's having a great first year recruiting there. Ranked number 1 recruiter in the Big 12.

For the record, I think Holgorsen stays there after this year. WVU will be better than last year just due to Clint Trickett being in the system for a full year. Its tough to find wins on that schedule, though. WVU will beat Towson, Kansas and TCU. Possible additional wins are Maryland (who spanked WVU last year and will be better this year and at home), Texas Tech, Kansas St., and Iowa State. If they go to a bowl at 6-6, Holgorsen stays. If they win 4 games he's definitely out. Win 5 and its a close call, but probably gone.

As for the next coach, there is a decent chance that Rich Rodriguez comes back to WVU if Holgorsen goes. Don't be surprised. I wouldn't allow it if I were WVU just due to his actions when he left for Michigan (which I've detailed plenty in prior threads), but there are a lot of people here in West Virginia that would welcome him back.

For the record, I think Holgorsen stays there after this year. WVU will be better than last year just due to Clint Trickett being in the system for a full year. Its tough to find wins on that schedule, though. WVU will beat Towson, Kansas and TCU. Possible additional wins are Maryland (who spanked WVU last year and will be better this year and at home), Texas Tech, Kansas St., and Iowa State. If they go to a bowl at 6-6, Holgorsen stays. If they win 4 games he's definitely out. Win 5 and its a close call, but probably gone.

As for the next coach, there is a decent chance that Rich Rodriguez comes back to WVU if Holgorsen goes. Don't be surprised. I wouldn't allow it if I were WVU just due to his actions when he left for Michigan (which I've detailed plenty in prior threads), but there are a lot of people here in West Virginia that would welcome him back.

If Louisville can bring back Bobby Petrino then anything is possible.

After watching his Arizona team take apart BC last year in the bowl game, RichRod might want to hang out a bit. Not a bad gig. Why come back to WVU to join a team in Siberia.

Yeah no thanks, they can have pitt

I didn't see any mention of SU and WVU not wanting to play us.

MutumboBlock_zpsc3cff3e5.gif

Bees with his reading of the article ruining all the fun again.

You haven't truly experienced West Virginia until you have mapped Caves there...

Some funny creatures up there in the mountains.

They care way more about playing Pitt than they do us. They see Pitt as a much bigger rivalry.

They care way more about playing Pitt than they do us. They see Pitt as a much bigger rivalry.
Both are big, but the backyard brawl takes it, IMO.

i did not see any metion eithier that's why i wrote the head line like i did.

Both are big, but the backyard brawl takes it, IMO.
Yeah, I asked a WVU alum I know on facebook. He and his friends said it wasn't even that close. They hate Pitt.

Yeah, I asked a WVU alum I know on facebook. He and his friends said it wasn't even that close. They hate Pitt.
Id much rather establish further bad blood with louisville