What a great day its like Christmas morning | Syracusefan.com

What a great day its like Christmas morning

Alsacs

Living Legend
College Football is back and oh yeah Tom Brady beat the NFL .

F Yeah.

Alsacs said:
College Football is back and oh yeah Tom Brady beat the NFL . F Yeah.

1. F yeah. Can't wait to watch tonight.
2. Brady beat the NFL but wasn't vindicated from cheating. Most will go on believing he did it. The commish already won when he didn't back down during the Super Bowl week. Damage done.

Read the decision. The Judge is eviscerating Roger Goodell. This decision is going to get the owners to realize how much of a joke Roger Goodell is.
Public will know this now. Judge Berman says people can make whatever inferences they want the NFL didn't prove squat and ruined a man's image rather give a fair proceeding and proving its case. He is giving telling Brady he has a defamtion case that Brady likely won't file but can.
94% of Federal Cases are upheld. This decision is written unbelievably thoroughly it likely won;t get overturned.

Read the decision. The Judge is eviscerating Roger Goodell. This decision is going to get the owners to realize how much of a joke Roger Goodell is.
Public will know this now. Judge Berman says people can make whatever inferences they want the NFL didn't prove squat and ruined a man's image rather give a fair proceeding and proving its case. He is giving telling Brady he has a defamtion case that Brady likely won't file but can.
94% of Federal Cases are upheld. This decision is written unbelievably thoroughly it likely won;t get overturned.

One judge's opinion. Second Circuit with a likely different view.

Have you seen the new Sprint commercial where David Beckham takes Brady into a Sprint store buys him a phone, hands it to him and says "try not to lose this". It's hysterical.

At a minimum he obstructed the investigation by destroying his phone. There was no reason to do that if he was an innocent man, unless he was using his phone for other nefarious purposes that he didn't want to get out. Either way that was shady as can be.

If Goodell wanted to beat the Patriots he should have called the Giants because he sucks as a Commish. I wrote about this earlier it was obvious Brady had the law on his side.

At a minimum he obstructed the investigation by destroying his phone. There was no reason to do that if he was an innocent man, unless he was using his phone for other nefarious purposes that he didn't want to get out. Either way that was shady as can be.
You are buying the NFL's spin. First Wells told Brady he didn't need his phone. Secon Brady's team gave the NFL the numbers of every number he got texts from during that period and offered them the spread sheets. The NFL already had the texts from the Patriots employees phones as they turned them over. That was a PR spin to make Brady look bad.
You don't have to like him but the NFL spun that to make him look guilty and wasn't honest.
https://cbsboston.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/bermandecision.pdf

If Goodell wanted to beat the Patriots he should have called the Giants because he sucks as a Commish. I wrote about this earlier it was obvious Brady had the law on his side.

"Had the law on his side" despite destroying the evidence? I'll have to read this decision.

You are buying the NFL's spin. First Wells told Brady he didn't need his phone. Secon Brady's team gave the NFL the numbers of every number he got texts from during that period and offered them the spread sheets. The NFL already had the texts from the Patriots employees phones as they turned them over. That was a PR spin to make Brady look bad.
You don't have to like him but the NFL spun that to make him look guilty and wasn't honest.
https://cbsboston.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/bermandecision.pdf

Was there a phone? Yes. Did he destroy the phone? Everything I heard so far indicates "yes". If he wasn't guilty of texting the staff who inflate the balls, then why would he do that? That's like a guy is accused of murder and is witnessed throwing a gun off a bridge. Why do that if you didn't do the crime?

Judge didn't even rule on deflate gate. Only said the process wasn't followed and the NFL overstepped its bounds. Doesn't make Brady innocent.

That makes a lot more sense. Legal procedures not being followed doesn't mean the act was not done.

You can think whatever you want. A federal judge in the NFL's chosen forum just told the NFL they didn't prove Brady did anything and their process was not fair. Whatever you want to think beyond that I don't care.
Brady won.

You can think whatever you want. A federal judge in the NFL's chosen forum just told the NFL they didn't prove Brady did anything and their process was not fair. Whatever you want to think beyond that I don't care.
Brady won.

Congratulations. Maybe he can take OJ out for a drink. Oh wait he's in jail, nevermind.

Alsacs said:
Brady won.

Cheaters do sometimes win. Just like criminal court, criminals sometimes win. They use the laws to their advantage or the prosecutor lays out a bad case. Again, it doesn't mean he's innocent.

But in reality, he didn't win anything except the ability to play these four games. His legacy is forever changed.

I'm surprised you sound like you're giddy that someone may have gotten off due to a bad case be presented. I thought a lawyer would be more interested in the truth.

Cheaters do sometimes win. Just like criminal court, criminals sometimes win. They use the laws to their advantage or the prosecutor lays out a bad case. Again, it doesn't mean he's innocent.

But in reality, he didn't win anything except the ability to play these four games. His legacy is forever changed.

I'm surprised you sound like you're giddy that someone may have gotten off due to a bad case be presented. I thought a lawyer would be more interested in the truth.

He must be a defense attorney.

As a Bills fan, I wouldn't have been disappointed if Brady was suspended in week 2. I suppose you want to compete against the best but I don't really care when I haven't' seen the playoffs in 16 years. That being said, I don't think the NFL proved the case enough to justify the suspension despite my personal opinion that Brady was definitely involved.

Please tell me the charges that the NFL accused of? Tell me what the Wells report proved? This judge looked at the evidence and hearing and saw it was a kangaroo court. The charge was Brady was generally aware during the AFC title game and the NFL proved nothing happened that game and that was 100% the charge against the team and Brady.
You can think whatever you want but prove it or you got nothing. Those texts were from 8 months before and had nothing to do with the AFC title game and that was the charge.

MSOrange said:
As a Bills fan, I wouldn't have been disappointed if Brady was suspended in week 2. I suppose you want to compete against the best but I don't really care when I haven't' seen the playoffs in 16 years. That being said, I don't think the NFL proved the case enough to justify the suspension despite my personal opinion that Brady was definitely involved.

I'm a Giants fan so NE doesn't impact me at all unless it's the SB. I always had a lot of respect for Brady. Thought he was a winner like a Montana. No longer. He's just a cheater now that got away with it.

I'm a Giants fan so NE doesn't impact me at all unless it's the SB. I always had a lot of respect for Brady. Thought he was a winner like a Montana. No longer. He's just a cheater now that got away with it.
If you "had" respect for Brady please tell me how he cheated? What did the NFL prove? If the NFL had a prove Brady was "generally aware" they would had some evidence. This case relied on text message between 2 employees that never showed Brady told them to do anything illegal. The NFL LIED about the facts in their ruling about what happened in the appeal hearing. Do you even realize that? Goodell LIED ABOUT THE ACTUAL TESTIMONY in his public ruling. I doubt you care about that. Goodell was more shady than ANYBODY in this case.

CN_WzGyWwAA-Y1m.jpg

This whole thing changed from an Independent investigation to a hired arm. The NFL said the Wells Report was independent and then it didn't matter. That tells you the Wells team was told to write what the NFL wanted and not what the evidence showed.

Thank God today actually turned out the way it did Alsacs. I'm quite sure your heart would have exploded in your chest if they ruled against Tommy Terrific. Don't want you going out like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom