What a Win! | Syracusefan.com

What a Win!

HakAttack

Shirt World Hater, Script Jersey Lover.
Malachi is playing out of his mind right now. This kid's clutch rating is off the charts. Lydon is playing with increased confidence, DC is getting into the flow.

This team is clearly trending up. Just in time.

Malachi is playing out of his mind right now. This kid's clutch rating is off the charts. Lydon is playing with increased confidence, DC is getting into the flow.

That corner fadeaway three is literally the exact same shot he made late in the Clemson game as well. Such a difficult shot.

Very clutch, yes. Playing out of his mind... not really - unless you erase the 1st 35 minutes of the game the last 2 games.

Lydon is still a leaf in the wind defensively and Coleman scored 3 points last night.

Im very glad we won the last 2 games and I hope that we can look back at this and chalk it up to tired legs - but the team is not trending up right now.

Very clutch, yes. Playing out of his mind... not really - unless you erase the 1st 35 minutes of the game the last 2 games.

Lydon is still a leaf in the wind defensively and Coleman scored 3 points last night.

Im very glad we won the last 2 games and I hope that we can look back at this and chalk it up to tired legs - but the team is not trending up right now.
JB said that last night's game was the first time they had played badly since he returned to coach. But, one game does not make a trend, We'll have to see how they come back after the sabbatical.

As to Lydon--he contested 2 or 3 shots at the rim in the last couple of minutes of regulation. None of them went in, so his defense helped win the game.

I don't know. I hated 39 minutes and 33 seconds of that game. I guess it's good to see that they're pulling out close wins unlike they were earlier in the year, but sheesh, that was ugly.

I know that this is a common complaint, but there didn't seem to be a plan to use the centers on offense at all last night. They just kept running screens for the guards and Malachi until one of them had to take a tough shot.

As to Lydon--he contested 2 or 3 shots at the rim in the last couple of minutes of regulation. None of them went in, so his defense helped win the game.

Ive gotta give him due credit for that. He had a few great plays there.

It was an amazing win - frustrating and exhilarating. It also emphasizes the fragility of our season right now. My biggest concern moving forward is interior defense. Lydon is just charmin soft back there. Yes, he contested some shots late to seal the win, so I will give him credit for that. But I was begging JB to put Coleman in. At least he holds his ground. I wish I could find stats showing the number of points in the paint for VT, because it seemed like every time they got it into the paint they scored on a layup.

All that said, I am proud of our guys, Lydon and Richardson especially. It's hard to carry so much responsibility as freshmen and they're working their butts off. Let's rest up and get ready for another scrappy opponent in FSU.

It was an amazing win - frustrating and exhilarating. It also emphasizes the fragility of our season right now. My biggest concern moving forward is interior defense. Lydon is just charmin soft back there. Yes, he contested some shots late to seal the win, so I will give him credit for that. But I was begging JB to put Coleman in. At least he holds his ground. I wish I could find stats showing the number of points in the paint for VT, because it seemed like every time they got it into the paint they scored on a layup.

All that said, I am proud of our guys, Lydon and Richardson especially. It's hard to carry so much responsibility as freshmen and they're working their butts off. Let's rest up and get ready for another scrappy opponent in FSU.

Lydon is not a center, he just plays one on TV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom