What are the chances Lydon/Battle stay together longer than a year? | Syracusefan.com

What are the chances Lydon/Battle stay together longer than a year?

I'm Interested to see what people's takes are here. I fully expect both to bolt for the NBA after next year no matter how the team does. I'll put the chances at 5%.

Given recent history, I think we have to envision Battle being a one-and-done. He'll have every opportunity to be a featured scorer, and to show up his versatile capabilities all season long--the rest is up to him.

Lydon will also be a potential early entry, but I get the sense that he enjoys the collegiate experience and might want to stay for three.

Battle might also stay longer than one year, but like you I'd rate the percentage of them both returning for 2017-2018 as pretty low -- 10%.

57682447.jpg

I'm Interested to see what people's takes are here. I fully expect both to bolt for the NBA after next year no matter how the team does. I'll put the chances at 5%.

Since the NBA draft really has nothing to do with current performance and all based on future potential, I am pleasantly shocked that Lydon is coming back next year (In my eyes, he's a much better pro prospect that Mali and in my opinion, would he have declared, he would've been taken before Mali, possibly even a lottery pick). With that said I put his chances of returning at 1%, maybe he just really LOVES Cuse! For Battle, I look at it this way. He's a long athletic guard, whose only noted weakness(which I don't really see as as big a concern as others) is his shooting. The only hope we have is if he really enjoys his time at Cuse and feels like staying around another year. I'd put him at 1% chance. I'll just average the scores and say 1%, and leaning towards the under!

Either way, it's gonna be fun watching two very special players next season, so let's enjoy it while we can.

Just makes the 2017-2018 recruiting group the most important in many years!

Just keep reloading Orange Nation!!

Together? Less of a chance than me leading the team to the national title.

I could see Battle returning if his freshman year doesn't go swimmingly. I think Lydon is gone after the year, as he should be. I expect a big year out of him, with a more developed body and game. If he shows improvement, some added strength and continues knocking down 3's at a high clip, he'll be a top 20 (or higher) pick.

I could see Battle returning if his freshman year doesn't go swimmingly. I think Lydon is gone after the year, as he should be. I expect a big year out of him, with a more developed body and game. If he shows improvement, some added strength and continues knocking down 3's at a high clip, he'll be a top 20 (or higher) pick.

a056a6297b3ee2cb8687931a94ae82c2127c66c18ac13c283df9a80482396cdf.jpg

Even if Battle doesnt have that great of a year, it really doesnt matter since the NBA drafts solely on potential, he'd have to be a liability on the floor in order to not get drafted. If he improves his shooting (which is pretty much a requirement in the NBA now) throughout the year, he gone.

Even if Battle doesnt have that great of a year, it really doesnt matter since the NBA drafts solely on potential, he'd have to be a liability on the floor in order to not get drafted. If he improves his shooting (which is pretty much a requirement in the NBA now) throughout the year, he gone.

Agreed, UNLESS:
  1. He gets injured
  2. He likes school / academics, and wants to get a year closer to earning degree before jumping
  3. He digs being BMOC and wants to experience that for a second year

Yeah, but in all likelihood--he gone.

its higher than 5%.
Definitely so. We haven't even seen Battle play against non high-schoolers. He doesn't seem to be the type of kid or from the type of family that comes in with the "one-and-done no questions asked" mentality. Hopefully he is a one-and-done type of talent that stays more than 1 year.

As to Lydon, he didn't even put his name in the draft. He announced he was returning the day after the Final Four, with an almost "are you seriously asking me this" tone. He didn't workout for teams. He seems like a kid that really enjoys his time at Syracuse, and maybe realizes he has a lot to work on if he wants to be either a 3 or a stretch 4 in the NBA.

Chances Battle and Lydon are both on the 2017-2018 roster are greater than 5% IMO.

Definitely so. We haven't even seen Battle play against non high-schoolers. He doesn't seem to be the type of kid or from the type of family that comes in with the "one-and-done no questions asked" mentality. Hopefully he is a one-and-done type of talent that stays more than 1 year.

As to Lydon, he didn't even put his name in the draft. He announced he was returning the day after the Final Four, with an almost "are you seriously asking me this" tone. He didn't workout for teams. He seems like a kid that really enjoys his time at Syracuse, and maybe realizes he has a lot to work on if he wants to be either a 3 or a stretch 4 in the NBA.

Chances Battle and Lydon are both on the 2017-2018 roster are greater than 5% IMO.

I have zero expectations of this, but if it were to happen I would be elated. It would give us continuity heading into 2017, and a chance to contend at the top of the ACC.

I don't think the coaches are expecting this either or they wouldn't be going after so many high profile guys for that class.

Lydon > Malachi for the NBA in my opinion. Just thankful to have Lydon back for this year at this point. No chance he comes back after next year.

Lydon > Malachi for the NBA in my opinion. Just thankful to have Lydon back for this year at this point. No chance he comes back after next year.

I really don't think Tyler ever seriously considered the nba this year, but I agree, like that one nba gm said, the wrong Syracuse player left early.

100% they return, they will want to go back-to-back after winning it this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom