What are the plans for the front page, etc? | Syracusefan.com

What are the plans for the front page, etc?

jekelish

Living Legend
I know this isn't really a support/suggestion thing, but I was honestly just curious. I always enjoyed on the OLD Syracusefan (back when Mason ran it, before Scout bought it) the game previews and reviews, and only in part because I wrote some of them. Either way, I'd love to see that feature come back. I don't know how much content we'll have or if there really IS a plan for much content, but that seems like a good way to manage creating some (and, if you were curious, yes, I'd be thrilled to write some of it! You can trust me, too, because I'm a New York Times Best-Selling writer! ...seriously, I am!).

Tom Emery is working on a front page. I think that is his first priority.

The plan is to have all the functionality we have on Scout here...a chat room, a front page, recruiting databases, premium content writers, drop down menus for opponents, media links, other SU related sites, rosters, schedules, etc. Some things will come faster than others but they should all find their way here over time.

Tom Emery is working on a front page. I think that is his first priority.

The plan is to have all the functionality we have on Scout here...a chat room, a front page, recruiting databases, premium content writers, drop down menus for opponents, media links, other SU related sites, rosters, schedules, etc. Some things will come faster than others but they should all find their way here over time.

Tom , question, the big advantage no matter what, is that the admins control what features and functionality are developed, correct? For example, if we think that having groups would be great, like a "SU Historians" group or something, we could try to get that implemented (NOTE: I am just using the "groups" idea as an example; not requesting it).

It seems like this board will be much more user-friendly than previous boards.

Tom , question, the big advantage no matter what, is that the admins control what features and functionality are developed, correct? For example, if we think that having groups would be great, like a "SU Historians" group or something, we could try to get that implemented (NOTE: I am just using the "groups" idea as an example; not requesting it).

This is an independent site and with the exception of Tom Emery it will be the only site on the internet that is fully managed and run by SU fans. We can almost make it what we want as long as it is within what Tom can do. No scout, no rivals, no whatever. But it will take take so be patient as I asked on the scout board.

I know this isn't really a support/suggestion thing, but I was honestly just curious. I always enjoyed on the OLD Syracusefan (back when Mason ran it, before Scout bought it) the game previews and reviews, and only in part because I wrote some of them. Either way, I'd love to see that feature come back. I don't know how much content we'll have or if there really IS a plan for much content, but that seems like a good way to manage creating some (and, if you were curious, yes, I'd be thrilled to write some of it! You can trust me, too, because I'm a New York Times Best-Selling writer! ...seriously, I am!).

Job one is to get the boards working, and the traffic moved over to this site. Once that's done, there will be a content area set up similar to what Syracuse fans are used to.

One thing I cannot emphasize enough - the football, basketball, and lacrosse board will always be open to all registered users.

Send me a "PM" to me if you are interested in writing articles ;-) (click on the "Inbox" at the top right of this page)

This is an independent site and with the exception of Tom Emery it will be the only site on the internet that is fully managed and run by SU fans. We can almost make it what we want as long as it is within what Tom can do. No scout, no rivals, no whatever. But it will take take so be patient as I asked on the scout board.

Well said. This site's greatest strength, is that it has been run by Syracuse fans from day one. I handled the technology when needed, and will continue to do so. But Syracuse fans have run the site.

I am exited about the possibilities of being independent once again. I won't have to deal with networks, lawsuits, etc.

I can set up a group/board for SU history if there is interest. It sounds like a really neat idea. Personally, I'd envision a board limited to contributions by those well versed in SU history so the threads don't devolve as they tend to do. I think it would be a great addition to this site.

I can set up a group/board for SU history if there is interest. It sounds like a really neat idea. Personally, I'd envision a board limited to contributions by those well versed in SU history so the threads don't devolve as they tend to do. I think it would be a great addition to this site.

I'm just excited at who has control of the features. I am interested in groups, etc - but to 'Bees point, I'm happy to be patient, just glad that you guys have control of the site.

Very exciting.

i like the alert function and the fact that this isnt scout ;)

If you guys need writers for anything, let me know. It happens to be my major, and I'd love to do stuff for more communities aside from what I write for Nunes.

Hopefully we can work with Syracuse University and get some interns working here (video, podcast, print). It would be cool to have a few student reporters giving us the inside scoops on a premium board. I assume we could get them credentialed with press passes.

Also, I don't think anyone would balk at a premium board costing $20-50 a year. Maybe enough to cover server costs (that the ads don't cover), pay small stipends to the content providers, build a small tailgate fund for our yearly board tailgate...etc...

I think the premium side should have a "premium only chat function"...but a free chat is great too.

Tom, what was your handle on the scout site? I'm new to this, so I'm trying to figure out who is who...

Hopefully we can work with Syracuse University and get some interns working here (video, podcast, print). It would be cool to have a few student reporters giving us the inside scoops on a premium board. I assume we could get them credentialed with press passes.

Also, I don't think anyone would balk at a premium board costing $20-50 a year. Maybe enough to cover server costs (that the ads don't cover), pay small stipends to the content providers, build a small tailgate fund for our yearly board tailgate...etc...

I think the premium side should have a "premium only chat function"...but a free chat is great too.

I'll be looking at a chat later this week. As for interns ... It is a great idea that has been considered. The difficult part is in actually getting the intern.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom