What can be fairly expected fromDC2 ? this year | Syracusefan.com

What can be fairly expected fromDC2 ? this year

CaliCuse

All American
Considering that he didn't show much when supposedly healthy,its hard to project on him. If he has become stronger he might be able to secure a rebound when he comes down with one.

Considering that he didn't show much when supposedly healthy,its hard to project on him. If he has become stronger he might be able to secure a rebound when he comes down with one.
Statistically, he has been an outstanding rebounder from day one and has never appeared to be lacking in strength. Given good health, I would expect that to continue and foresee him becoming a fine low post scorer.

All the potential in the world means squat if he still pounds the ball before going back up with a rebound... and if he still hasn't figured out how to not get his shot blocked. I would think some of that is correctable but the jury is out.

Statistically, he has been an outstanding rebounder from day one and has never appeared to be lacking in strength. Given good health, I would expect that to continue and foresee him becoming a fine low post scorer.

I tend to agree br. I'm probably higher than most on Coleman. I thought he showed some pretty good potential and aggressiveness in his limited minutes. As others have mentioned, he needs to watch about bringing the ball down and needs to improve on defense. But IF he is and can stay healthy this year, I think he has a chance to break out some. Similar to Rak's situation last year, I'm not sure how confident JB will be in the backup situation with Diagne and Obokoh - at least to start the season. I'm excited about Diagne's potential also, but Coleman might be able to play through some mistakes a little more than in previous years IF he is healthy.

Last edited:
I think it may take him further into the OOC schedule to really get going than some expect. He missed a season and a half which is a lot. As everyone mentioned though statistically he has always been an excellent rebounded. Also mentioned he got blocked quite a bit, brought the ball down way too much and generally didn't make his move quick enough. I think what many miss though is that he rarely had 1 on 1 situations and was being swarmed. In other words even without great offensive success he effected the defense and got special attention. He also got to the line at a good clip from what I remember. IF he can stay healthy and clean up his offensive game a I think he will be a force on the block this year.

Last edited:
I placed a 100 down on Cuse to win the national championship at 100-1, so I really hope for 30 ppg and 20 rpg
I wish you luck, If I had some $ I might do the same. I also think there are too many questions for this team involving backcourt and rebounding There has been virtually no news on Obokoh getting coached up by anyone over the off season. considering we lost Rak and BJ. Its up to Roberson and Diagne and maybe Lydon to clean the boards this year. Scoring might improve but again its not a sure thing at this time. Will Kaleb be as poor as last year out there? Maybe thats not possible. Malachi is a huge plus for the te
No doubt his rebounding numbers don't include his getting the all high and then coming down with it and having it stripped away out of his hands I root for these kids but I'm realistically aware of their failures. No reason to have thought that Kaleb Joseph would begin his career here as a bust. I hope that this coming season he finds the ability that gave him a scholarship to Syracuse. The Orange need all of the incoming freshmen to play well.

Expected? Nothing. Hoped for? 10 and 8 in 20-25 minutes. If he can stay healthy I think he can do that or better.
This echoes my feelings pretty accurately. I'd probably dip it down to about 8 and 7, though.

I expect nothing from a big man with poor knees.

I'm here. He's been through so much in such a short period of time that it's difficult to expect anything.

If he plays half the year, 20 minutes a game and averages 6 and 4 I'd call this season a success for him.

I think those poor knees have hobbled him ever since he stepped on campus.

With a solid set of knees he could be very good offensively. I'm hoping.

DC is fine. Mike having to play the point is the real concern. It would mean either Lydon or MR would have to be ready. At this point it's hard to understand the optimism granted to KJ on this board. Anyone know what he's doing this off season to justify the accolades? Hopefully dribbling with his left hand and raising his hands on defense while at the same time moving his feet. Not too much to ask, though he didn't learn it all of last year. I expect a VERY short leash this year, like the one granted Josh Wright.

Another unknown is how will DC's significant weight loss impact his play??? It can only help his knees. His lack of lateral quickness got him many quick hooks. In theory this should improve with the weight he dropped. If he can average 5pts & 7+ boards that would be great. Also, why can't anyone get a story on him??? It would be great to get an update on DC along with KJ for that matter about what they're doing over the summer.

DC is fine. Mike having to play the point is the real concern. It would mean either Lydon or MR would have to be ready. At this point it's hard to understand the optimism granted to KJ on this board. Anyone know what he's doing this off season to justify the accolades? Hopefully dribbling with his left hand and raising his hands on defense while at the same time moving his feet. Not too much to ask, though he didn't learn it all of last year. I expect a VERY short leash this year, like the one granted Josh Wright.

I cut KJ since slack because he was never supposed to be thrown to the wolves as a fr...and the biggest jump historically is btwn freshman and sophomore years.

If DC II is healthy, he will average a double double.

Its hard to figure, microfracture surgery is very tricky, but losing all that weight is a big plus for him, it will be easier to rehab.

Its hard to figure, microfracture surgery is very tricky, but losing all that weight is a big plus for him, it will be easier to rehab.

Except he didn't have Microfracture. He had an oats procedure. A piece of bone in his knee was replaced. Microfracture surgery creates cartilage.

Except he didn't have Microfracture. He had an oats procedure. A piece of bone in his knee was replaced. Microfracture surgery creates cartilage.

Hasn't he had 3 or 4 surgeries? He's been hurt each of the last 3 years.

Anyone know what he's doing this off season to justify the accolades?
cuz, yeah, there have been all kinds of those around here in regards to KJ :rolleyes:

If DC II is healthy, he will average a double double.

My concerns with DC are two-fold: 1) His health 2) His bad on-court habits...IE: His inability to catch the ball in the paint and go up decisively without bringing the ball down. Until he shows he's learned his lesson, he will continue to make himself smaller and get packaged. People seem to forget how ineffective Coleman was when he was healthy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom