What do the crossed axes signify? | Syracusefan.com

What do the crossed axes signify?

LAOrange

Starter
Sorry, if somebody's already asked. I received my daily Syracuse Fanatics email and one of our shirts is orange with crossed axes. Did Otto go medieval?

ssmorol said:
It is a crossed 44!

And supposed to represent something military related to Ft drum, but it doesn't.

Hokey.

Should have just put the letter S there or Cuse.

I'll admit--I had to look twice to see the "44"

Having one number backwards makes it tough to see at first.

That Nike uniform designer spokesperson in the Cuse.com video should be in politics. Never heard a more B.S. and goofy spiel in my life.

Noexcuse said:
You're right. When I looked at it I thought it was a 136 degree angle and wondered What does that signify?

We're trying to confuse our opponents.

10th mountain.jpg
it is a homage to both 44 and the 10th Mountain Division whose badge features crossed swords

i like it.

saw it on a couple of cool tshirts, may have to get 1 soon as i bet theyll be obsolete by next april, but the thing is...thats more of a shoulder patch logo then a neckline logo.

imo, the neckline should have the block S or Cuse.

although i suppose if the enemy is staring at that thing trying to figure out just What it is, we may have an advantage...

Sorry, if somebody's already asked. I received my daily Syracuse Fanatics email and one of our shirts is orange with crossed axes. Did Otto go medieval?
I was hoping for a Syracuse-Game of Thrones hip crossover, but alas...

Orangello is spot on IMHO...also they can look like crossed guidons too. Definitely Cuse's attempt to pay homage to the 10MTN Division.

BTW, the 1oth has a great reputation in the military. A hardcore Division.

The Nike explanation is complete BS, but I still think it's a great logo. Reminds me of the saturn basketball logo we had briefly. Cool logo, but a little gimmicky and won't have a very long shelf life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom