What does the crowd look like tonight? | Syracusefan.com

What does the crowd look like tonight?

Mondays suck. For Rak's sake, I hope we get at least 30k in there. The real question is whether or not the student section will show up. They've been lackluster this season.

Anyone know what we are expecting tonight? I'm hoping in the 30's, it's the last game, number 2 team and Christmas' last home game. Kid deserves a huge win and a big turnout!

i hope the students slowly file on the court after the game,win or lose, and carry christmas off the court. if not, then people remain in their seats and chant for him to come out of the locker room for individual recognition

Zero chance of 30,000 in my opinion. As someone said above, Monday's suck. There should be a rule all Senior Days should be a weekend game.

Zero chance of 30,000 in my opinion. As someone said above, Monday's suck. There should be a rule all Senior Days should be a weekend game.
They used to be, but haven't been now for years and years. And years!

30K for a Monday night game is more or less impossible.

I'd guess 24-25K.

They'll announce 26,000 or so. There'll be 23 or 24 in the house and hopefully everyone can give Christmas a memorable send-off.

27-28,000 - It's a Big Monday game; our fans are used to Monday night games.

Most in orange... some in blue... a couple in grey (no idea) ... I would say they are holding dome foam... yelling loud... an of course a few knitting! ;)

they had 26 for UL didnt they?

Yes, which I think is the max range for a weeknight game, even if it is Senior Day.

I would LOVE to be wrong about this.

30K for a Monday night game is more or less impossible.

I'd guess 24-25K.

The sentiment you express is true. Most +30k games happen on Sat or Sun. However, we actually have done 30k+ games on Monday 3 times since 1983. Last time was against Georgetown on 1/28/85 - 30 years ago! A long time. That was the Pearl against Ewing and we won.

Senior night against the #2 team in the nation should bring a good crowd, but no 30k+.

The sentiment you express is true. Most +30k games happen on Sat or Sun. However, we actually have done 30k+ games on Monday 3 times since 1983. Last time was against Georgetown on 1/28/85 - 30 years ago! A long time. That was the Pearl against Ewing and we won.

Senior night against the #2 team in the nation should bring a good crowd, but no 30k+.
Those days are long gone. I know the last one that you mentioned was televised, but now that every game is televised you're not going to get the 30K games during the week. Most people would rather watch on their big screen then watch a game from the 300 level.

How many threads complaining about the attendance do you think we'll have? I'm guessing 4.

audience.jpg

Remind me where we stand on season ticket holders being able to re-sell tickets. Can't remember what the current rule is on this, and it really effects my prediction.

BonaCuse said:
Remind me where we stand on season ticket holders being able to re-sell tickets. Can't remember what the current rule is on this, and it really effects my prediction.

Simple. If you're an SU season tix holder and can't go, find an SU fan that would like too.

lol. Seriously? You still can't figure this out?

I believe there is a 20 mph wind blowing tonight that all of us will have to contend with. I am going with my daughter and 73 year old neighbor and we have a mile walk using un-shoveled sidewalks on Euclid Ave. But we will do anything to say good-bye to our Rakeem! I am feeling most melancholy right now. :(

I believe there is a 20 mph wind blowing tonight that all of us will have to contend with. I am going with my daughter and 73 year old neighbor and we have a mile walk using un-shoveled sidewalks on Euclid Ave. But we will do anything to say good-bye to our Rakeem! I am feeling most melancholy right now. :(
th

Not good. Looks like it'll be 20k or less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom