What game are you watching tonight? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

What game are you watching tonight?

I know he was taking his time making a coffee or something...lol

It was ridiculous. They basically ran the ball down their throats to get just outside the 10 yard line and they call a long delayed play action where the QB holds the fake for an hour. ed.

I know its the first game of the year and only Sep 1st and all but there aren't enough Div I football players in this country. Some of these teams are beyond brutal and should not be in conferences with legit teams

Yankee Conference showdown!

Go you Black Bears!

Sucks. Hopefully they can take this to OT. We know that's an ominous sign for the season.

The entire UConn passing game is Sherriffs running a designed draw or scrambling

Poor App St. In OT the Tennessee QB tries to lunge over the goal line, gets absolutely crushed and separated from the ball, then a UT player falls on the fumble in the end zone.

Last edited:
Ten really got lucky, perhaps they spent the weak reading their press clippings, instead of focusing on app st.

Ten really got lucky, perhaps they spent the weak reading their press clippings, instead of focusing on app st.
I think they spent the whole preseason doing it. I really don't get how they were ranked so high in the preseason and I don't understand why anyone thinks Dobbs is that good a qb. Whenever I've watched them, he hasn't looked any better than average.

sufandu said:
I think they spent the whole preseason doing it. I really don't get how they were ranked so high in the preseason and I don't understand why anyone thinks Dobbs is that good a qb. Whenever I've watched them, he hasn't looked any better than average.

Butch Jones is overrated.

Tennessee is garbage. Very average and they totally lucked out.

on a side note, the rule has to be changed, it's so stupid to be able to recover a forward fumble like that.

Last edited:

They have a lot of talent, last year they had Bama and Oklahoma beat.

They have a lot of talent, last year they had Bama and Oklahoma beat.
And we had Pitt and Virginia. I think they're top 25, thought 18 sounded about right for preseason, but 9 seemed way too high.

And we had Pitt and Virginia. I think they're top 25, thought 18 sounded about right for preseason, but 9 seemed way too high.

They had a two td lead on Oklahoma in the 4th qtr, and had the lead at Bama in the 4th qtr, not to mention also lost on a fg at Florida. They might have been ranked too high, but I still think they can be pretty good.

They had a two td lead on Oklahoma in the 4th qtr, and had the lead at Bama in the 4th qtr, not to mention also lost on a fg at Florida. They might have been ranked too high, but I still think they can be pretty good.
But I think that's been the story in Knoxville for a while. They could but weren't. This year they probably can but will they? Maybe Oklahoma and Alabama took them too lightly and woke up at the right time. Maybe they collapsed. Either way, they didn't do enough last year to warrant preseason top 10 and shouldn't have been there this year until they beat someone of note. Like I said before, around 18 made sense to me before. I think it still does now. Maybe they make corrections, get it together, and make a run this year. Until I see it I won't believe it.