What happened on espn.go.com ? | Syracusefan.com

What happened on espn.go.com ?

stuckinbig11

All American
I am away on travel and link up only to find that the page has completely changed. I can open a story about L. James and get scores for things I don't care about, but the top line for opening pages for various sports is gone.

It looks like they formatted their web page for mobile phone or tablet users. These types of users will find it easier to scroll down the page for the top stories instead of selecting them via drop down menus.

It looks like they formatted their web page for mobile phone or tablet users. These types of users will find it easier to scroll down the page for the top stories instead of selecting them via drop down menus.
Just have to give a like for the avatar.
2ede83d76802dcf3aba7c824ce46a9322974540ea98884bc417b3ff77ce581b0.jpg

I took the 5 minutes it takes to customize it, and now I love it. I'm surprised so many people are complaining about it. I log on and immediately see top headlines as well as scores and news of Cuse Football, Cuse Basketball, the Yankees, the Knicks, the Rangers, and NYCFC -- all on one page.

I took the 5 minutes it takes to customize it, and now I love it. I'm surprised so many people are complaining about it. I log on and immediately see top headlines as well as scores and news of Cuse Football, Cuse Basketball, the Yankees, the Knicks, the Rangers, and NYCFC -- all on one page.
Wanna explain how you did it? I am trying to find the lacrosse page, and it is nowhere to be found.

New ESPN. Worst. Site. Ever.
Are we the only people who think this, or has their viewership dropped in half? I would love to see the numbers. Worst. Site. Ever.

It sucks. CBS Sports is my new go to for checking scores and events now.

CBS is my favorite site now also. I like the layout and I also like the writing style - they throw in sarcasm and humor on stories that deserve it.

DeGrozz said:

Yeah - it's light years better than the old site.

pearl31 said:
proud to say I have now permanently switched to the CBS Sports site, never to visit espn again, unless I need to access espn3 for game-viewing purposes

I'm amazed by this. The new ESPN site is superior to CBS and the old site and it's not close. Text is readable across all devices, easy access to your favorite teams, ads are less intrusive, and the infinite scrolling is kinda nice.

To each his own I suppose

The concept is something called Mobile 1st Design. It is the trend across the board in web design. Design the website with a mobile layout first, then build out the rest of the site from there.
Suck it up and get used to it. The site is so much cleaner.

If they wanted it to be so mobile friendly, why is it impossible to browse box scores? You click the scores link, and you go to some scores for all leagues. If you click a game and then hit back, you're automatically back on the main page. What a terrible job.

Honestly you're better off downloading an app to do all that. Don't bother with the mobile site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom