What I learned tonight SU BOT hired Ted Wells to investigate Fine case | Syracusefan.com

What I learned tonight SU BOT hired Ted Wells to investigate Fine case

Alsacs

Living Legend
I can't believe we hired this "independent" investigator. After reading the previously sealed Brady appeal transcript.
https://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/ex-204-appeal-hearing-transcript-t-brady.pdf

Which makes Roger Goodell look like Ms. Teen South Carolina talking about maps.

On page 322 it is revealed the SU BOT hired Ted Wells to investigate the Fine allegations.
Also Ted Wells is a member of U of S fan club. Good ole UofS.

Q. Mr. Wells, you were asked about your role and
your independence. And you gave some answers and I
just want to ask you a few questions about that.
First of all, what is your background in
conducting investigations like the one that you were
retained to conduct here?
Well, within the sports area, I've done four
investigations. I have done investigations for the
NFL with the Miami Dolphins. I did this
investigation with Deflategate.
A. I did the investigation for the NBA Players
Association with respect to the practices of former
Executive Director Billy Hunter. I did the
investigation for the University of Syracuse Board
of Trustees with respect to whether Assistant
Basketball Coach Bernie Fine, their allegations of
sexual misconduct. So those are the big four in
terms of sports areas

Don't you dare go there.
Go where? I was just disappointed to learn we hired what I feel after the deflategate case to be an awful "independent" investigator. By no means is this a shot at SU. I think its pretty obvious SU was innocent in the Fine case.

The fact Wells called us U of S is funny.

Go where? I was just disappointed to learn we hired what I feel after the deflategate case to be an awful "independent" investigator. By no means is this a shot at SU. I think its pretty obvious SU was innocent in the Fine case.

The fact Wells called us U of S is funny.
Ted Wells is considered one of the top white collar criminal defense attorneys in
America. But, as said at the time, he is a litigator, not an investigator.

Beyond that I'll resist all temptation to comment about the university's role in the matter.

Tom Brady and the Patriots cheated. We're all in agreement, yes?

I imagine there are some misguided Pats fans here, but I hope that organizations burns lol. And I don't even have a dog in the fight (in terms of rooting for a rival); I just dislike practically everything about the way they operate. Elitists.

I imagine there are some misguided Pats fans here, but I hope that organizations burns lol. And I don't even have a dog in the fight (in terms of rooting for a rival); I just dislike practically everything about the way they operate. Elitists.
Aaaaaaaaaaaand, Alsacs in 3..2..1.. ;)

Aaaaaaaaaaaand, Alsacs in 3..2..1.. ;)
If it is proven the Patriots manipulated footballs they deserve to be hammered but if you read the Brady appeal you have to think Brady lied under oath and should face federal perjury charges for saying he was not part of a deflation scheme.

It is more probable than not if you read that transcript Roger Goodell is the biggest boob in sports.

I don't know what Brady can do now to convince people he is innocent. If you read that transcript you see how the NFL blatantly lied in their ruling . Brady testified under oath he didn't tell the Pats staff do anything illegal or take air out of the balls.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...stimony-about-communications-with-jastremski/

Brady testified under oath. If you read Troy Vincent's testimony you see the NFL is FOS and Ted Wells used attorney-client privileged refusing to answer a few questions in an investigation he was supposed to be conducting "independently"

Ravens coach John Harbaugh has been confirmed as a liar the evidence shows the Baltimore Ravens Special Teams coach directly told the Colts about this case. Harbaugh directly said he or none of his staff ever contacted the Colts.

If it is proven the Patriots manipulated footballs they deserve to be hammered but if you read the Brady appeal you have to think Brady lied under oath and should face federal perjury charges for saying he was not part of a deflation scheme.

It is more probable than not if you read that transcript Roger Goodell is the biggest boob in sports.

For the record, I hate Goodell more. He's almost single-handedly ruined the game of football. I see nothing of merit that he's ever accomplished in relation to the sport. I went from somebody who lived and breathed football for 12 years (since 6 y.o.) to somebody who couldn't be more disinterested in an NFL football game.

/endrant

What is the NFL's explanation of the Colts balls being underinflated? This is ridiculous and a waste of time and I'm a Saints fan. Just overturn Brady's suspension and admit you blew the whole investigation Goodell. It's time for you to resign.

Ted Wells is considered one of the top white collar criminal defense attorneys in
America. But, as said at the time, he is a litigator, not an investigator.

Beyond that I'll resist all temptation to comment about the university's role in the matter.

Discovery in litigation IS "investigation". I would say he is plenty experienced. Perhaps not with NCAA infractions, but certainly with conducting investigations, generally speaking.

For the record, I hate Goodell more. He's almost single-handedly ruined the game of football. I see nothing of merit that he's ever accomplished in relation to the sport. I went from somebody who lived and breathed football for 12 years (since 6 y.o.) to somebody who couldn't be more disinterested in an NFL football game.

/endrant
I agree that Goodell has handled almost all of the player investigations/suspensions badly. But what we don't see as fans is that NFL business revenues have skyrocketed under Goodell and he has made a lot of money for the owners...which is what they care about. I expect in the next CBA the player discipline punishments will be more clearly defined and an appeal process that works more like MLB with an independent arbitrator will be put in place.

I agree that Goodell has handled almost all of the player investigations/suspensions badly. But what we don't see as fans is that NFL business revenues have skyrocketed under Goodell and he has made a lot of money for the owners...which is what they care about. I expect in the next CBA the player discipline punishments will be more clearly defined and an appeal process that works more like MLB with an independent arbitrator will be put in place.

Agreed. He's good at making money. As for the integrity of the sport? He fails in every measure.

Goodell is a moron. Brady isn't completely innocent. 4 games is ridiculous. I'm sick of all this nonsense.

Cheating? If a deflated football is a competitive advantage, why did the NFL allow the game to go on? Answer: it is no advantage.

George Bush. Syracuse University. NFL.

How Does Ted Wells keep getting high profile jobs giving such bad advice?

Full_Rebar said:
Goodell is a moron. Brady isn't completely innocent. 4 games is ridiculous. I'm sick of all this nonsense.
so is the federal judge

Cheating? If a deflated football is a competitive advantage, why did the NFL allow the game to go on? Answer: it is no advantage.

I can't speak to why the NFL let the game continue with those balls or to what extent there is an advantage, but to think there's no difference between an under-inflated ball and a properly inflated or over-inflated ball is a little silly. An under-inflated ball is easier to grip in one hand and easier to catch. There's a point where an under-inflated ball would be too squishy to fly in a proper spiral, but we're not talking about balls deflated to that point.

Did this impact the outcome in the Colts game? No, the Pats were going to win regardless, but it's the simple fact that they're cool with doing this that's disturbing. The organization's 'holier than thou' attitude doesn't help matters either.

I can't speak to why the NFL let the game continue with those balls or to what extent there is an advantage, but to think there's no difference between an under-inflated ball and a properly inflated or over-inflated ball is a little silly. An under-inflated ball is easier to grip in one hand and easier to catch. There's a point where an under-inflated ball would be too squishy to fly in a proper spiral, but we're not talking about balls deflated to that point.

Did this impact the outcome in the Colts game? No, the Pats were going to win regardless, but it's the simple fact that they're cool with doing this that's disturbing. The organization's 'holier than thou' attitude doesn't help matters either.
You don't like the Patriots which is fine. Besides Spygate which the team was punished for by the NFL and lost a first round pick.
What is their holy than thou attitude?

You don't like the Patriots which is fine. Besides Spygate which the team was punished for by the NFL and lost a first round pick.
What is their holy than thou attitude?

Everything Belichick has ever said.

Everything Belichick has ever said.
You still haven't responded to my post in the other thread.
If you can't figure Belichick out that is your problem. BB when he was the by Browns HC realized the media were jackals. BB gives the media nothing and because of that they hate him. Belichick gives nothing but Belichick is holy than thou because he doesn't play the media game.