What is ACC Regional Sports Network | Syracusefan.com

What is ACC Regional Sports Network

pearl31

in cahoots
and how does one living in MN get the games being televised on this network? Seems like the last couple of years that most of SU's "creampuff" pre-conf games were on espn3 but apparently not this year...
wondering what I need to do to watch these games...

For example, on SU Athletics site, next Friday's Cornell game is listed as thus:
Untitled.tiff

For example, on SU Athletics site, next Friday's Cornell game is listed as thus:
Untitled.tiff
Wish I had an answer. I'm in Syracuse but have to be out of town on Friday so I'd like to tape it, but I don't see it listed anywhere on Time Warner. Are home games no longer all on local TV?

It's whatever sports network your local region has. Here in Maryland, we're getting the games on Comcast Sports Network. You might be out of luck since Minnesota isn't in ACC territory.

Let's try it this way...
How do the folks (like me) residing outside of the Syracuse/ACC market plan on viewing games that aren't on any of the espn options?

It's whatever sports network your local region has. Here in Maryland, we're getting the games on Comcast Sports Network. You might be out of luck since Minnesota isn't in ACC territory.

I'm on the MD/PA boarder also get MASN whhich carried all the ACC network games last year so I'm asuming its the same this year. It really depends on your cable system and what channels you get.

I asked this exact question in here about a month ago. I am also outside New York State and will likely just have to go through my Dish Network regional sports channels to see if the games are on. If you go to this link you will find another link opposite the game(s) showing the Regional channels.

If people cannot get the link above, here are the RSN networks:

Comcast SportsNet Mid Atlantic PLUS
FOX Sports Detroit PLUS
FOX Sports Florida+ FOX Sports Midwest PLUS
FOX Sports South+ MSG PLUS 2
NESN
ROOT Sports Northwest
ROOT Sports Rocky Mountain

cornell is msg+
According to my DirecTv MSG+ is showing The Devils vs Maple Leafs not SU.
I do show the SU - Cornell game on NESN and FSSO (Fox Sports South). No reason you can't get these channels in MN but they may be on a special package. I get a sports pack from Directv which gives me all the regional FoxSports along with YES, SNY, MSG, NESN, MASN and several others.

yeah, right now I have Comcast cable and have been fed up with them for a couple years now (was biting the bullet because they're the only highspeed internet in town)
looks like I'll have to switch to DirectTV and then hope Centurylink can offer decent internet service for me...
Any of you other MN folks have advice for me?

MSG (like most of the CUSE FB games)...and if you have DirecTV usually ch 635...however, the Cornell game is on NESN DirecTV Ch 628.

yeah, right now I have Comcast cable and have been fed up with them for a couple years now (was biting the bullet because they're the only highspeed internet in town)
looks like I'll have to switch to DirectTV and then hope Centurylink can offer decent internet service for me...

Is there a Comcast channel that carries the Wild's hockey games? That may be a candidate to have the ACC RSN games on it.

I live outside the Philly area and the acc network is on the Philly Comcast channel And sometimes on another channel like the CW on Saturday afternoons.

Get directv and get their sports package. It was like 7.99 for a whole bunch of sports channels when I ordered it to get the Battle For Atlantis game a few years ago. Just tell them the channels you need to have so you can make sure. Cable sucks!

Last edited:
Right on cusetown, just gotta figure out what to do about internet - whether to keep comcast for just internet or drop 'em altogether and get the directTV/centurylink tv/intenet bundle...
anything I've heard about centurylink has been quite negative

Right on cusetown, just gotta figure out what to do about internet - whether to keep comcast for just internet or drop 'em altogether and get the directTV/centurylink tv/intenet bundle...

keep Comcast for internet...maybe pay $ for the first month of the season and watch the non espn3 games on OAA. But if you drop Comcast, you will lose ESPN3.

No chance Century Link has access to ESPN3.

Of course, there's always firstrowsports.eu for streaming Cuse games online.

Try Verizon. Its just as fast as the "road runner" crap places offer. I've had both and don't notice the difference.

I wouldn't use any cable company for Internet it's a ripoff.

Last edited:
For anyone in New England (as I am), most of the games seem to be on NESN. However, I watched the Wake football game on Fox Sports-South (of all odd places) because that was what was on DirecTV here (where NESN was blacked out). I had none of the SU commercials... but I sure had a lot of them for fast-food restaurants and discount stores I had never heard of.

I think these early season games are going to be a roll of the dice for those not in Syracuse area.

I did confirm that with the DirectTV sports pack you can get MSG+ and all of the Fox Sports regional/city channels. So I'm pretty sure a person would be completely set to see all of the ACC games

I wouldn't use any cable company for Internet it's a ripoff.
I am cable-free. I have ATT fiber optic for internet, and Directv for television. (I cannot get Verizon/FIOS here). Have had DirecTV for 12 years (ever since Cablevision refused to carry "Full Court" and YES). I will never go back to cable. DIrectv is the best.

Last edited:
I did confirm that with the DirectTV sports pack you can get MSG+ and all of the Fox Sports regional/city channels. So I'm pretty sure a person would be completely set to see all of the ACC games

I wouldn't say that. I have the DirecTV sports pack, and plenty of the regional channels get blacked out for various sports/games. In the past, I have not had trouble watching these early bball games (they have been on simultaneously on MSG and NESN) but with the ACC move, I don't know yet.

Everybody should start fixing to buy the Full Court in addition to the Sports Pack. The ACC conference games will be blacked out on most RSNs and you will need both packages to watch in glorious high definition.

Re: OP, I'm sure there's a pretty decent 1st year rate for Directv new subscribers. For internet, i'd either due a phone/internet double play if you need a landline, or see if fios or u-verse is available and has a decent intro package. Stick with that for a year then go back to Comcast as a "new customer" at the special rate. Repeat every 12 months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom