What is Chino's full potential? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What is Chino's full potential?

The coaches know exactly what they have in Chukwu, and they are thrilled. Your position is reasonable, but you'll be changing that tune soon enough.

I think Chukwu can come in and be the best 2-3 zone center we've had since AO or RJ. Someone who makes the center of the zone impossible to penetrate, forces mostly outside shots, tons of put back dunks on offense, and is a vacuum cleaner on rebounds. I'm very excited to see Chukwu play!!!

Fact is you have 12 scholarships and you're not gonna get 12 kids who will be able to contribute at a high level. It'd be nice if the end of your bench can contribute some PT, some fouls, and some defense, but it's hard to expect much more than that; I think that's what Chino will give us. I think he will have a game or 2 where he plays really well, but he won't be a factor and y ou can't expect him to be.

Also, the Rick Jackson/Otis Hill comparison was very clearly sarcasm. BMK and McNeil were both really good atheltes which I'm not sure Chino is.

You posted your original comment with only five posts ahead of yours two of them were sarcastic, one the original question. I guess you feel any comments on players are out of bounds. My original comments about your post still apply, simmer on that. He shows little progress toward being a contributor.

It is no longer early in his career, actually getting pretty late, because eligibility wise he has one year left. I do not think evaluations at this time are premature, maybe you want us to wait till he is no longer eligible.
Geez, dude- relax...it's not that deep.
You're emphasizing a point that needs no emphasis.
Back away from the keyboard...have a drink. Your defensiveness is obscuring your entire perspective here. It's a message board, opinions vary- nothing personal. Sheesh
c0ac47832e2320f3132b67cc679937b3.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly, I can't remember a player that will actually see playing time that I have so little expectations for. Now, maybe the only reason Chino sees the court is because of external factors, but imo, his "full potential" is simply to "earn" his scholarship... Example: Deshonte Riley is light years a better player than Chino, and he transferred...

Smaller centers don't have to put as much arc or height on their hook shot.
They can go for that josh pace like running hook in the lane. Obokoh showed flashes of that in highschool but just didn't have the speed. When I first saw Obokohs recruiting tapes that is what I had hoped for the most, but beginning to wonder if he has the coordination for that hookshot.

That is why I have the avatar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom