what marrone giveth, ryan taketh away | Syracusefan.com

what marrone giveth, ryan taketh away

Millhouse

Living Legend
Doug got one of the miracles he needed for sainthood and made me so grateful. I goof on him and i think he deserves it but in a battle of bills quitters, he's way better than Mularkey - I still can't believe that guy got a real job.

But Mr Defense Rex has a terrible defense and like most fat people is an idiot about punting. What is the point of having the best running game in the league and 596 yards if you throw on third and short and punt on 4th and short when you are running out of time and have no defense?

Here is my feeble attempt to make this relevant to Syracuse. Defense is way more random unless you can just load your defense with the best players. Don't invest your resources into defense if you have big tradeoffs. We are going the right way. The defense will get better, it doesn't need to be great, it's erratic at best here.

I want to do a correlation between head coach body weight and stupidity about punting. Andy Reid is up there.

Doug got one of the miracles he needed for sainthood and made me so grateful. I goof on him and i think he deserves it but in a battle of bills quitters, he's way better than Mularkey - I still can't believe that guy got a real job.

But Mr Defense Rex has a terrible defense and like most fat people is an idiot about punting. What is the point of having the best running game in the league and 596 yards if you throw on third and short and punt on 4th and short when you are running out of time and have no defense?

Here is my feeble attempt to make this relevant to Syracuse. Defense is way more random unless you can just load your defense with the best players. Don't invest your resources into defense if you have big tradeoffs. We are going the right way. The defense will get better, it doesn't need to be great, it's erratic at best here.

I want to do a correlation between head coach body weight and stupidity about punting. Andy Reid is up there.
giphy-downsized-large.gif
;)

Actually, the premise made me laugh out loud (if only there were some way to abbreviate that phrase). Now, I desperately want an answer (has nothing to do with the size of the NYFGiants coach. Nope. Nothing. Nada.)

What's remarkable is the common denominator looks like they are in the clear.

Worst management in the sport.

What's remarkable is the common denominator looks like they are in the clear.

Worst management in the sport.
even though we disagree about marrone, i've always thought whaley and brandon are bozos. especially brandon. the guy gets so much credit for bills fans buying cheap tickets and turning tailgates into a circus

even though we disagree about marrone, i've always thought whaley and brandon are bozos. especially brandon. the guy gets so much credit for bills fans buying cheap tickets and turning tailgates into a circus

Triva question, who's the only coach to both win 8 games at SU and have a winning season with the Bills since 2001 and 2004 respectively?

Triva question, who's the only coach to both win 8 games at SU and have a winning season with the Bills since 2001 and 2004 respectively?

We all know St. Doug can do no wrong in your eyes, but I just want to say thanks to him for the 8 win season at SU and bailing immediately. Thanks again for the winning season (that didn't get us to the playoffs, btw) in Buffalo and then also immediately leaving. Everyone knows that the only thing better than a job well-done is a job half done. That way guys like Doug can get people like you to support him endlessly based on incomplete data and speculation.

So, now you think Andy Reid is stupid?

Oh my. You and your MENSA friends (I presume you're a member) should focus your attention on more worthy individuals - say, Chris Christie?

trivia question who gives a shart

I think a lot of folks care.

Marrone did a great job at SU and a very good job in Buffalo.

Given that the Bills owner fired the OC after a few games and now the HC after two seasons, it seems that Marrone made the right call in exercising his option - so as not to work for an owner he knew nothing about.

Oh my. You and your MENSA friends (I presume you're a member) should focus your attention on more worthy individuals - say, Chris Christie?
about punting, yes he is. that's why i said "an idiot about punting". otherwise i would've just called him an idiot. lots of smart people are idiots about this or that thing

I think a lot of folks care.

Marrone did a great job at SU and a very good job in Buffalo.

Given that the Bills owner fired the OC after a few games and now the HC after two seasons, it seems that Marrone made the right call in exercising his option - so as not to work for an owner he knew nothing about.
did the bills owner fire the OC? i didn't know that

i can't believe you just called reid fat. that's not nice.

you've met my friends and it's clear to both of us that they're not in mensa

That ain't not confirmed.

Dino Babers, in a private moment (or maybe even a public one, never know with him) would say Marrone is dumb about punting decisions, along with many other coaches.

Where'd Christie come from? Was that a focus on other fat people comment? I wasn't sure how to connect.

Last edited:
The Bills when Marrone left = the Bills as Rex leaves

i can't believe you just called reid fat. that's not nice.

I guess I thought you were trying to draw the correlation between weight and coaching acumen.

By the way, when you see Andy Reid up close, you realize that he is a big dude - tall and strong with a big upper body- clearly an ex-OL.

He didn't improve any after his big weight loss?

That ain't not confirmed.

Dino Babers, in a private moment (or maybe even a public one, never know with him) would say Marrone is dumb about punting decisisons, along with many other coaches.

Where'd Christie come from? Was that a focus on other fat people comment? I wasn't sure how to connect.
was kind of hoping we were transistioning to an anti-poke thread...

I guess I thought you were trying to draw the correlation between weight and coaching acumen.

By the way, when you see Andy Reid up close, you realize that he is a big dude - tall and strong with a big upper body- clearly an ex-OL.
I'm just talking about punting I swear. Football is played by big eaters who get fat when they stop running around so it makes sense that the guys who know the most about football tend to be fat.

They should trust the nerds about math and stick to teaching but guys who to inflict drain bramage.

Isn't is Brandon that hired Marrone? Pegulas wre swept off their feet by Rex who probably told them two years for the playoffs? if I remember correctly Whaley was advocating for Hue Jackson... who who knows if he would have been any better.

Nobody seems to want to take responsibility for drafting a Manuel other than Buddy Nix.

Whaley isn't without blame or fault but I think that is why the Pegulas are stepping aside and it's already been reported that Whaley will lead search for the new HC. The next HC will be his guy and will allow Doug not to be a GM not just in title. He also neesds to sort the qb spot out with his new HC. That said, if the new HC doesn't produce wins and playoffs, Whaley will be out with his coach as well as it should be.

Brandon only cares about ticket sales these days

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom