What to do with Carlos Beltran? | Syracusefan.com

What to do with Carlos Beltran?

CaliCuse

All American
One night he runs into a 3 run homer and yet we clearly see his age showing on defense.Does Cashman look to replace him next year? If Carlos has a particular talent that might be teachable to the kids in the farm I would offer him the chance to coach. It opens up an outfield spot on the active roster and creates movement in the farm. The Yankees have Judge Heathcott and Mason Williams ready for ML time Judge has prodigious power and is known for a great arm which is required as a right fielder. Clogging up your farm team players is a great way to drop morale among your young players trying to move on upCashman somehow has has internalized age over youth Carlos is 38 years old and A-Hole will be 41. Neither can be expected to repeat this season's numbers in 2016. Sabathia is about done. Its never easy to say to old stars that its time to hang up their cleats. Look how Posada acted when throwing someone out at second was only possible on a computer screen.Even Jacoby came up way short this season after his stint on the DL. If he didn't have this downtime there is good chance that the Yankees would be in first place in their division . And then we have Tex who despite his great year manages to blow out a tire on the home stretch and hurt the team Gregg Bird is an accidental "look at what we have hiding down on the farm. To an extent Severino was the same thing. The Yankees were forced to bring up their best prospects and put them in harms way in the majors and look at what' the result was.

919_zps2e6d4b15.gif

Very Jurassic, Its going digital in modern times even if I'm from them Jurassic days.As for shaking heads,its my thing when it comes to Yankee management. but I get it!

Very funny. but it doesn't answer the question. A "broken record"? really. You think if he runs into a few HRs he is worth his paycheck and will repeat next year? He is 38 now and he isn't going to get younger IMHO. Nor will A-Rod and his numbers including one of Cashman'most costly mistakes.

Well, Cali, since both Beltran and Arod are under contract next year and have been quite productive this season, get used to the idea of seeing them around next year. And the same goes for Tex. The youth movement you are waiting for will likely not happen fully until Beltran and Tex are off the books after 2016.

Well, Cali, since both Beltran and Arod are under contract next year and have been quite productive this season, get used to the idea of seeing them around next year. And the same goes for Tex. The youth movement you are waiting for will likely not happen fully until Beltran and Tex are off the books after 2016.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom