What was going on in your life the last time we were 3-0? | Syracusefan.com

What was going on in your life the last time we were 3-0?

Eric15

Living Legend
September 1991.

I was in 4th grade at Morgan Road Elementary in Liverpool, NY. My favorite things included the WWF, anything related to Karate, Saved by the Bell, and I was just beginning to truly get passionate about SU sports. I remember every Friday in the Post-Standard they would have an SU football game preview showing a diagram of the starting lineups for each team, and I would cut that section out of the paper and collect them (often times before my Dad read the paper, which got me a tongue-lashing).

I had just celebrated my 40th birthday. My eldest daughter had celebrated her first birthday about a year earlier. And my wife and I were looking for a new house. Today I am older, my daughter is a third year PhD student at Notre Dame and my wife and I still live in the same house.

I was a Junior at SU. I was in the 2nd row of the end zone for the Florida game. It was the end zone from where Kirby Dar Dar took the handoff on the reverse on the opening kickoff and took it to the house. It was a great seat because we were right in front of the Florida cheerleaders (at least for part of the game?) and they were smoking hot.

I was 14 and was completely engrossed by SU basketball and football. I was fortunate enough to have my fanhood grow during the great basketball and football teams of the late 80's and early 90's. Marvin Graves and Qadry Ismail were my sports heros and the memories of the Florida game will always be some of the most vivid for me. We held them to -17 yards rushing. I love that stat.

Last edited:
I was a sophomore in college at Cornell. Made the drive home from Ithaca to catch the Florida game. I remember being concerned that Andrew Dees [a converted TE] might be too "light" to play LT aganst SEC caliber defensive ends, and that we wouldn't be able to slow down Spurrier's "fun and gun" offense, quarterbacked by Shane Matthews.

We really took it too them. It was almost like the game was over after that opening kickoff return for a TD. That was one of the loudest I've ever heard the Dome.

I was a Senior at SU. Dave Mager on the call for WAER. "Reverse - KIRBY DAR DAR." We won four bowl games in my four years on the Hill (two on New Years Day). For the juniors at SU, they are halfway there to 4 in 4.

Starting 3rd year of grad school. Getting serious about becoming a 46r. Thinking this new "email" was pretty cool. And downloading multi-part uu-encoded images from usenet, of course. Talking a little Cuse football on one of the rec.sports.* newsgroups while I was at it.

I was a junior at Fredonia, fresh off a NY Giants super bowl victory, drinking Milwaukees Best like it was tap water, dipping a can of Copenhagen every other day and was getting laid pretty often by my new girlfriend who came to visit me from Syracuse (now wife). I also made the trip home to see the beating we gave Florida. I got piss drunk that night and I think ralphed all over my parents bathroom floor.

Now I'm all depressed. This thread sucks

I was a junior at Fredonia, drinking Milwaukees Best like it was tap water and was getting laid pretty often by my new girlfriend (now wife). I also made the trip home to see the beating we gave Florida.

Wait, did I know you are a fellow Blue Devil? :cool:

September 1991.

I was in 4th grade at Morgan Road Elementary in Liverpool, NY. My favorite things included the WWF, anything related to Karate, Saved by the Bell, and I was just beginning to truly get passionate about SU sports. I remember every Friday in the Post-Standard they would have an SU football game preview showing a diagram of the starting lineups for each team, and I would cut that section out of the paper and collect them (often times before my Dad read the paper, which got me a tongue-lashing).

stop beating around the bush and just ask Jarheadjim:)

I was a junior at Fredonia, fresh off a NY Giants super bowl victory, drinking Milwaukees Best like it was tap water, dipping a can of Copenhagen every other day and was getting laid pretty often by my new girlfriend who came to visit me from Syracuse (now wife). I also made the trip home to see the beating we gave Florida. I got piss drunk that night and I think ralphed all over my parents bathroom floor.

When I started this thread, in the back of my mind I thought, "Marsh is going to write something awesome"... and you delivered.

But it was those fifth grade girls who had their eye on this very handsome third grader at Homer intermediate school lol.