What was the deal with Connor Cannizaro | Syracusefan.com

What was the deal with Connor Cannizaro

jr4750

All American
Did he never really consider the Cuse? Were we more interested in Evans?

And, while we are at it, what was the real reason he transferred from Maryland?

I believe it was a mutual decision as Cannizaro wanted to go away for school. He was unhappy with the culture at Maryland apparently from some sources but what that means specifically I have no idea

My nephew who is now a marine use to hang out with him at Caz. said Desko never really recruited him at all.

He started at MD as a frosh and he was their 3rd leading scorer.

BTW, Maltz started 18 games this season for MD and went 11 & 5. Same numbers that Tim Barber had for us, and Barber only started 3 games while Staats was out.

He started at MD as a frosh and he was their 3rd leading scorer.

BTW, Maltz started 18 games this season for MD and went 11 & 5. Same numbers that Tim Barber had for us, and Barber only started 3 games while Staats was out.

Very dissapointing season for Maltz. He made a mistake leaving, he would be looking at a starting role next year in a much better offense.

My nephew who is now a marine use to hang out with him at Caz. said Desko never really recruited him at all.
I was told his mother told Desko not to bother. She would never let a child of hers go to Syracuse. FWIW

I was told his mother told Desko not to bother. She would never let a child of hers go to Syracuse. FWIW

I didn't hear that but I did hear they weren't interested in Syracuse at all.

Was that more to get her kids out of town, or something deeper against the school?

Very dissapointing season for Maltz. He made a mistake leaving, he would be looking at a starting role next year in a much better offense.
Was playing time the definite reason he left? He did transfer to probably the closest school to his home

Was playing time the definite reason he left? He did transfer to probably the closest school to his home

Homesickness was the reason given I believe but I thought PT played a much larger role.

I don't have any sources. So, I didn't hear crap. But, there seems to be a direct correlation between section III talent going elsewhere and our post season accomplishments.

We haven't seen a string of misfortune like this since Mike Hart and Paulus took their talents elsewhere. Say what you want about them not wanting to come here or academic standards or whatever, but it's our coaches job to maintain the programs relevance in the eyes of kids like this. It's sad to hear a kid has no interest, or we had no interest.

Can of worms, dead horse, whatever, but when the best players in NY are replaced by guys who are not the best players in NY, you're gonna have problems.

I hope Percy Booth sticks around. Is he a rocket scientist? I certainly hope there are no academic issues. Can any locals comment on his game? His point totals seem wildly inconsistent.

Sec 3 ain't what it used to be.

Caz has had some success, but Sec 3's last Class B state title was 2011 (JD), and the last Class A title was 2008 (WG)

2011: http://highschoolsports.syracuse.co...2011-all-central-new-york-boys-lacrosse-team/

Lost Sean Cannizzaro to Denver, Lyle to Albany, and Davi Sacco to UVa (as a walk-on).

SU got Dylan Donahue, Tom Grimm, Kevin Rice, Alex Hatem (transferred to Richmond).

Others: Army (2), Binghamton (2), Cortland (2), Vermont (2), Brown, Canisius, PSU, Rutgers, Union.

2012: http://highschoolsports.syracuse.co...43218/section-iii-all-cny-boys-lacrosse-team/

Lost Matt Schattner to Cornell.

SU got Tim Barber and Ryan Simmons.

Others: Navy (2), Robert Morris, Vermont, Harvard, Cortland.

2013: http://highschoolsports.syracuse.co...2013-all-central-new-york-boys-lacrosse-team/

Lost Connor Cannizzaro to Maryland, Cody Radziewicz to Hopkins.

SU got Jordan Evans, Parker Ferrigan, Scott Firman, Gale Thorpe, and Josh Pulver.

Others: Air Force, Holy Cross, Marist, Cortland, Delaware, Clarkson, OCC

2014: http://highschoolsports.syracuse.co...2014-all-central-new-york-boys-lacrosse-team/

Lost Jake Pulver (Josh's brother) to Cornell.

SU got Kevin Hutchings, Brad McKinney, Nick Mellen.

Others: Loyola, Lemoyne, Hartford, Tufts, Pace, Hobart, Binghamton, Marquette, Boston U, OCC.

Other than the Cannazzaros, the Thompsons, Sacco from JD, Schattner from WG, and Radciewicz from CBA, we haven't missed on a lot. There will always be kids who want to attend an Ivy or a Service Academy. I can't fault Desko for not chasing after D2 and D3 kids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom