what will be will be | Syracusefan.com

what will be will be

rosconey

All Conference
the moaning over marrone taking interviews is just plain silly-

if he goes he goes- cant blame the man for looking out for his family above su -

if being .500 in a very weak conference gets you a nfl look-great for him

yes he did grow as a coach this year-the first in his tenure -

and we all know he wouldnt use su as a stepping stone- you guys have been saying so for 4 years so it must be true

He took over a Tomato truck headed for the blender. Enough already.

I think Mortenson just said that Marrone was interviewing with the Browns today. As far as I know the only teams to schedule interviews with Marrone were the Browns and Bills? Other teams have expressed interest but has anyone else scheduled an interview? I think the Bills will try to get Chip Kelly and if they can't will go with Lovie Smith. At least I hope so for Syracuse and Buffalo's sake.

From what I read the Bills are not that strong with HCDM.. The Browns seem to be the most intrested so far but looks like he is around there 5-7 choice..

Lovie has won and he has to be scooped up by somebody...the fans here in Chicago are brutal and if he goes to Buffalo he should have better success than his predecessors.

Lovie has won and he has to be scooped up by somebody...the fans here in Chicago are brutal and if he goes to Buffalo he should have better success than his predecessors.
The Bills are all about Chip Kelly, they even created an analytics dept (moneyball concept) which is apparantly something Chip Kelly utilizes. If they dont get Chip Kelly, it sounds like Lovie Smith will be the coach. I know Marrone is supposed to interview but I think about 7 people would have to turn down Buffalo for them to hire Marrone and I don't think it gets past Kelly or Lovie as Buffalo will offer the moon to Kelly and Lovie actually wants to be in Buffalo.

The Bills are all about Chip Kelly, they even created an analytics dept (moneyball concept) which is apparantly something Chip Kelly utilizes. If they dont get Chip Kelly, it sounds like Lovie Smith will be the coach. I know Marrone is supposed to interview but I think about 7 people would have to turn down Buffalo for them to hire Marrone and I don't think it gets past Kelly or Lovie as Buffalo will offer the moon to Kelly and Lovie wants to be in Buffalo apparantly.

Kelley really will be interesting in the NFL, much like when Spurrier went to Washington only more exciting imo. I just wonder how he'll do with a salary cap since he didn't have to worry about that at Oregon. ;)

fwiw...

When Lovie Smith interviews with #Bills, it'll be his first interview. He's had plenty of interest, tho. #Bills is a team that intrigues him

8mIan Rapoport@RapSheet
Ex-#Bears coach Lovie Smith is talking with members of the #Bills brass and is expected to officially interview in Buffalo soon, I'm told

And for the OP, now you have me humming Che sera, sera.

fwiw...

When Lovie Smith interviews with #Bills, it'll be his first interview. He's had plenty of interest, tho. #Bills is a team that intrigues him

8mIan Rapoport@RapSheet
Ex-#Bears coach Lovie Smith is talking with members of the #Bills brass and is expected to officially interview in Buffalo soon, I'm told

And for the OP, now you have me humming Che sera, sera.
Lovie would do wonders for a defense that shouldve been good this past year if not for the most ridiculous defensive coordinator in the history of coordinating.

As a Bills fan im really excited about the possibility of getting Chip Kelly or Lovie Smith, either one would be a homerun for a new era under Russ Brandon imo. Of course im fully prepared for the hiring of Ken Whisenhunt and the eventual smashing of my computer screen.

So, if Doug is a "B" list candidate for NFL jobs, he may have to stay at SU and explain why he was courting those jobs. Has he weakened the momentum he was building in his own program?

We really need to get off the "Big East is a very weak conference" nonsense. Look at the bowl records, particularly the BCS bowl records over the last 7 years and tell me the league is weak. It's a perception perpetrated by ESPN and nothing else.

the moaning over marrone taking interviews is just plain silly-

if he goes he goes- cant blame the man for looking out for his family above su -

if being .500 in a very weak conference gets you a nfl look-great for him

yes he did grow as a coach this year-the first in his tenure -

and we all know he wouldnt use su as a stepping stone- you guys have been saying so for 4 years so it must be true

Wow what a surprise.

The clueless streak continues.

Lovie would do wonders for a defense that shouldve been good this past year if not for the most ridiculous defensive coordinator in the history of coordinating.

As a Bills fan im really excited about the possibility of getting Chip Kelly or Lovie Smith, either one would be a homerun for a new era under Russ Brandon imo. Of course im fully prepared for the hiring of Ken Whisenhunt and the eventual smashing of my computer screen.

I actually think Lovie would be the the better long term fit for the Bills than Kelly although he certainly would be an interesting candidate. I agree that the pieces are there on D if they can get the right scheme and some coaching especially in the secondary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom