"What'd I miss?" | Syracusefan.com

"What'd I miss?"

cto

Administrator
As the actor playing Thomas Jefferson in "Hamilton" famously sings when he returns to the US from Paris: "What'd I miss" ...while I was in Rio for 18 days with no forum access?

For those not following my Rio adventures on Facebook, it was an amazing trip ... and not just because of the basketball team and the gold medal. I never saw a mosquito (or any other insect), security was great (despite Lochte's efforts to trash it), Rio's a great city, the Olympics were full of outstanding performances and thrills, and the Brazilian people were enthusiastic, friendly hosts.

Looking at the subject lines here, it seems I didn't miss much news on syracusefan.com. So I guess I picked a good time to be caught in Internet Hell (a ship that denied wi-fi access to AT&T users).

Last edited:
Had a blast following your adventures on FB, though it's starting to look like unless I'm there to supervise, you are incapable of not breaking something!

Don't think ya missed too much around here, we had a football chat, but I missed that as well.

Found out that I'm adding another week to my quick trip east for the UCONN @ the garden trip, which will allow me to catch the Boston U game at the dome!

Had a blast following your adventures on FB, though it's starting to look like unless I'm there to supervise, you are incapable of not breaking something!

Don't think ya missed too much around here, we had a football chat, but I missed that as well.

Found out that I'm adding another week to my quick trip east for the UCONN @ the garden trip, which will allow me to catch the Boston U game at the dome!
Like what I'm hearing. Maybe I'll survive my 4th CuseTroop encounter.

I don't think any of us broke a toe, but then, we did not have as much fun as you and Barbara did. I killed a lot of evenings watching swimming, track, and bball events on tv.

Reactions: cto
As the actor playing Thomas Jefferson in "Hamilton" famously sings when he returns to the US from Paris: "What'd I miss" ...while I was in Rio?.

10. It rained in Louisiana.
9. Ben Hur flopped at the box office.
8. R2D2 died.
7. Milwaukee is burning (racial tension).
6. So is Northern California (brush fires).
5. ARod retired.
4. Zika now in Miami beach.
3. Trump changed his campaign manager (again).
2. Moosehead Lager is suing Moose Whizz Root Beer.
1. Georgetown sucks.

I don't think any of us broke a toe, but then, we did not have as much fun as you and Barbara did. I killed a lot of evenings watching swimming, track, and bball events on tv.

I broke a toe (two, in fact). I wouldn't have brought it up, but then you wrote "I don't think any of us broke a toe." Since I did, I think I am obligated to mention it.

Last edited:
cto said:
As the actor playing Thomas Jefferson in "Hamilton" famously sings when he returns to the US from Paris: "What'd I miss" ...while I was in Rio for 18 days with no forum access? For those not following my Rio adventures on Facebook, it was an amazing trip ... and not just because of the basketball team and the gold medal. I never saw a mosquito (or any other insect), security was great (despite Lochte's efforts to trash it), Rio's a great city, the Olympics were full of outstanding performances and thrills, and the Brazilian people were enthusiastic, friendly hosts. Looking at the subject lines here, it seems I didn't miss much news on syracusefan.com. So I guess I picked a good time to be caught in Internet Hell (a ship that denied wi-fi access to AT&T users).
Love the Hamilton reference, hopefully your return coincides with Mr White's commitment sometime soon.

As the actor playing Thomas Jefferson in "Hamilton" famously sings when he returns to the US from Paris: "What'd I miss" ...while I was in Rio for 18 days with no forum access?

For those not following my Rio adventures on Facebook, it was an amazing trip ... and not just because of the basketball team and the gold medal. I never saw a mosquito (or any other insect), security was great (despite Lochte's efforts to trash it), Rio's a great city, the Olympics were full of outstanding performances and thrills, and the Brazilian people were enthusiastic, friendly hosts.

Looking at the subject lines here, it seems I didn't miss much news on syracusefan.com. So I guess I picked a good time to be caught in Internet Hell (a ship that denied wi-fi access to AT&T users).
I got to meet the fabled Cusetroop and survived, we celebrated Orangeyes by playing golf, and Andrew White has been the summer's compulsion. Your facebook posts added a nice perspective to the Olympics. I thought it very cool that your seat-mate ended up being a gold medalist. Too cool...

definitely the slow season around here. good time to unplug.

Looking forward to seeing you again in NYC for UCONN!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom