What's the worst movie you ever saw? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What's the worst movie you ever saw?

I thought meet the parents was pretty good too.

I literally pissed myself in the theatre when I saw Tommy Boy for the first time.

The orig MTP wasn't the worst but the one with Dustin Hoffman, I just couldn't stand how bad it was...

Loved Tommy Boy. Funny story. My wife and I were still dating at the time, first year out of college...we saw it in an empty theater, maybe 5-10 others...we both laughed hysterically at David Spade's "anyone see scanners" while nobody else made a sound. I have to stop and watch when on.

1) What film have you seen that you would least like to see again?

The Lone Ranger with the immortal Clinton Spilsbury in the "starring" role, Michael Horse as Tonto and Christopher Lloyd as Butch Cavendish. I was a big fan of the Lone Ranger as a kid and still enjoy the radio episodes. The movie damn near reduced me to tears it was so terrible.

2) What film was so incompetently made that it was actually funny and thus entertaining on that level?

The Blues Brothers II. OK, it wasn't funny. Just terrible. What a waste of Bo Diddley!

3) What was the most disappointing film you've seen, considering the resumes of the people in it?

Godfather III.

Transformers 2 ... followed closely by Transformers 1 as a close 2nd. Supposedly ultra-advanced robot aliens peeing on people and making balls jokes in a Michael Bay movie? disastrous.

The 3rd was surprisingly bearable.

Transformers 2 ... followed closely by Transformers 1 as a close 2nd. Supposedly ultra-advanced robot aliens peeing on people and making balls jokes in a Michael Bay movie? disastrous.

The 3rd was surprisingly bearable.

You saw the third after the first two were so bad?

Worst movie is i am legend. Could be the worst movie ever made. I will never get back those 2 hours.

I can watch revenge of the nerds 1000 times and it gets better each time.

Godfather 3 was very disappointing.

Did you know audiences hated the end of 'I am Legend' and they changed it. It was supposed to be revealed that he was the bad guy, not the vampires (or whatever they were). They were afraid of him, he was killing their friend, etc...audience couldn't deal with the revelation that Will Smith was actually the villain the whole time.

Closer - My friends liked, I thought I would like it, but I hated, hated, hated, hated it. Not a single character worth caring about, just a dull piece of crap - I'd rather stick a pencil in my eye than watch this one again.

2) What film was so incompetently made that it was actually funny and thus entertaining on that level?

Struggling on this one......

3) What was the most disappointing film you've seen, considering the resumes of the people in it?

Righteous Kill? Not sure on this one either...I can think of movies where I expected more because of one person starring in it, but as far as a movie based upon their collective resumes, that's the best I got.

Closer could probably fit the bill here as well.

Did you know audiences hated the end of 'I am Legend' and they changed it. It was supposed to be revealed that he was the bad guy, not the vampires (or whatever they were). They were afraid of him, he was killing their friend, etc...audience couldn't deal with the revelation that Will Smith was actually the villain the whole time.

Awesome fun fact. I liked the movie, but I think that would have been a sick ending.

Isn't the "bad guy" ending the way the book ended? I had heard that somewhere. I think that was the whole point of the story to begin with. Nothing like Hollywood ruining a good book ending. People who have read John Grisham's "The Firm" and then saw the awful Tom Cruise adaptation will know what I mean.

Isn't the "bad guy" ending the way the book ended? I had heard that somewhere. I think that was the whole point of the story to begin with. Nothing like Hollywood ruining a good book ending. People who have read John Grisham's "The Firm" and then saw the awful Tom Cruise adaptation will know what I mean.
Have to disagree about The Firm. IMO, Grisham never met an ending he couldn't choke on. So many of his books just stop, as opposed to end. IMO, his best book was his first - A Time To Kill.

My point is, I much preferred the movie's ending to the book. Not saying it was a great movie (and I thought Cruise was terribly miscast), but I did think the ending was better than the book.

Dying Young w/ Julia Roberts. My college girlfriend dragged me to see that piece of crap in the theatre. The most depressingly bad movie I have ever seen. If I could have left the theatre, I would have. Never have I wished more to take a pee during a movie.

Megaforce. Winner by a loooooong shot.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls. I say that with agony and a heavy heart. I have loved the Indy series since the opening night of Raiders, but they camped up Skulls to the point where it was laughable. Surviving a nuclear explosion in a lead lined refrigerator? Really? The original three films never so blatantly pushed physical reality that you couldn't enjoy the action. Not even the actors could save that film.

Have to disagree about The Firm. IMO, Grisham never met an ending he couldn't choke on. So many of his books just stop, as opposed to end. IMO, his best book was his first - A Time To Kill.

My point is, I much preferred the movie's ending to the book. Not saying it was a great movie (and I thought Cruise was terribly miscast), but I did think the ending was better than the book.

Really? I thought the ending in the book was more apt for the story he told. He took the money and ran. Far more adventurous. To each his own, I guess. I had a real problem with the Angry Old Cocoon Guy as the head security guy for the mob.

Awesome fun fact. I liked the movie, but I think that would have been a sick ending.
Wow... I might have actually liked the movie if they hadn't changed it.

Seriously?

That would have made the movie!

Seriously?

That would have made the movie!

From Cracked.com here is some more information. Doesn't someone on here write for the site? Some of their info on movies is incredibly interesting.

http://www.cracked.com/article_16258_5-awesome-movies-ruined-by-last-minute-changes.html

I'm not gonna find it now, but they have a blurb about Hollywood trying to make a Seven 2 (Brad Pitt/Morgan Freeman) flick, that is HILARIOUS - it was something about Morgan Freeman's character having superpowers.

From Cracked.com here is some more information. Doesn't someone on here write for the site? Some of their info on movies is incredibly interesting.

http://www.cracked.com/article_16258_5-awesome-movies-ruined-by-last-minute-changes.html

I'm not gonna find it now, but they have a blurb about Hollywood trying to make a Seven 2 (Brad Pitt/Morgan Freeman) flick, that is HILARIOUS - it was something about Morgan Freeman's character having superpowers.

Pretty sure our buddy jekelish writes for them

Worst movie I have ever watched is Jason X. I seriously want to know how that board meeting went where they were pitching movie ideas and people actually thought sending Jason to outer space would be a good movie.