Class of 2015 - DE/TE Tyrone Wheatley Jr (NY) Transferring from Michigan to Stony Brook | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DE/TE Tyrone Wheatley Jr (NY) Transferring from Michigan to Stony Brook

Let's see we have DCCuse source vs Nashon's young lady. I think we know where 99.9% (sorry TruBlue) of the board is going to side.

Yep. Based on the complete season - we put up 500 yards of offense the 1st game. Rolled all year. Not saying we would have won (really unlikely) - but better than UB - yes.

UB gave up 40 + to Georgia

SU gave up 40 + to USC and Northwestern.

All 3 games, except maybe USC are ugly losses.

I'm saying that the fact that UB was competitive and even had the edge in the first half justifies me saying that they have the capability to develop into a nice MAC power given the right circumstances over time.

Look at you picking 4 words from an entire post.

How about you try to argue a point.
Once you realize that name calling doesn't help your cause and apply that to your posts we may actually have a discussion at some point.

I'm saying that the fact that UB was competitive and even had the edge in the first half justifies me saying that they have the capability to develop into a nice MAC power given the right circumstances over time.

And statements like this are why noone takes you seriously. UB played well against a class team in one half of football, and that justifies projecting them to be a quality team in the future. Ok. :crazy:

Kid literally laughed at the idea of playing for SU. I know this for fact, you don't have to believe me but I thought I'd share.

Haha what? No? Buffalo sports are garbage. I'm just telling you what I know, I'd love to have TJ and when I found this out I was mad myself. I'm not trying to stir the pot, I'm just telling you what I know. This freshy I used to bang last year is friends with him (she's from FM goes to college at Buff State) and when I asked about him she said "oh you know TJ?" I played it off like I did and then I asked about if she knew where he was lookin at to play college ball. She talked about how Bama offered him and how he liked them and then I asked about Syracuse and she laughed and said something along the lines of how he's not even considering them. I didn't like her tone and how she talked about Cuse but she was a hot freshman slooooot soo her opion truly didn't matter.

So the "kid" who literally laughed is the sloot and not actually TJ then?

Losing by 1 point to an eventual 10-3 Northwestern team is an ugly loss? Disappointing, considering we outgained them 596 to 337, yes. Ugly? No. Minnesota was an ugly loss. Rutgers was an ugly loss. Just because the other team puts up a lot of points doesn't make it an ugly loss.

This thread quickly became an out if control dumpster fire

jujyje9y.jpg

Hey - I wasn't saying you wouldn't be competitive in the MAC over time - I was answering this question: "Your saying SU would've faired much better against a top 5 BCS contender like Georgia?" My answer is yes. We could have done what you did. Our O was better and our D was better than UB all year. The end.

Kid literally laughed at the idea of playing for SU. I know this for fact, you don't have to believe me but I thought I'd share.

I cannot say fact that you are wrong; however, I can say for fact a few other things:

-TJ is about the most respectful kid his age and I'm pretty confident he would not say that considering the respect he has for the program, his dad and coach Shaf. They were invested in the community and SU during their time here...that's a fact.

-I know for a fact, as of May, Syracuse is one of three schools that were being discussed by the Wheatley family. I have no idea if anything has changed since May or June but I do know "laughing at the thought..." doesn't sound plausible. Maybe the lure of a personal call from Nick Saban or the dream of a kid to follow in dad's footsteps will be hard to beat but your post is 180 degrees from the truth.

This is a real kid, with a real family. I'd recommend waiting a few seconds before clicking send when posting something about a kid that makes him look bad without truly knowing it's a fact.

I cannot say fact that you are wrong; however, I can say for fact a few other things:

-TJ is about the most respectful kid his age and I'm pretty confident he would not say that considering the respect he has for the program, his dad and coach Shaf. They were invested in the community and SU during their time here...that's a fact.

-I know for a fact, as of May, Syracuse is one of three schools that were being discussed by the Wheatley family. I have no idea if anything has changed since May or June but I do know "laughing at the thought..." doesn't sound plausible. Maybe the lure of a personal call from Nick Saban or the dream of a kid to follow in dad's footsteps will be hard to beat but your post is 180 degrees from the truth.

This is a real kid, with a real family. I'd recommend waiting a few seconds before clicking send when posting something about a kid that makes him look bad without truly knowing it's a fact.
Ding ding ding. Laughable the original post.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Losing by 1 point to an eventual 10-3 Northwestern team is an ugly loss? Disappointing, considering we outgained them 596 to 337, yes. Ugly? No. Minnesota was an ugly loss. Rutgers was an ugly loss. Just because the other team puts up a lot of points doesn't make it an ugly loss.
Not to mention the B1G ref who threw the flag that allowed NW the shot to win it. Worse call I have seen, happened right in front of me as I was right on the 30 watching it. Should have been 4th and 12 not 1st and Goal.

Let's see we have DCCuse source vs Nashon's young lady. I think we know where 99.9% (sorry TruBlue) of the board is going to side.

By no way was I taking his ladies side hahahahaa I was discrediting her if anything. I know her irl. She knows nothing Jon Snow.

Spoke with a few of his friends they're lobbying for him to come to SU and apparently there is still some interest in the cuse.

Spoke with a few of his friends they're lobbying for him to come to SU and apparently there is still some interest in the cuse.

I'm best friends with kids who were on his basketball and football team at FM.

I'd be speechless if he came to SU.

I'm best friends with kids who were on his basketball and football team at FM.

I'd be speechless if he came to SU.
As would I. My post was by no means a declarative statement just saying his friends are lobbying him and we're not completely out of it which I thought was surprising. Have your close friends lobby him also.

I love the continuous back and forth on this thread between the
we don't have a prayer(s) and the we have a shot(s)

I love the continuous back and forth on this thread between the
we don't have a prayer(s) and the we have a shot(s)
So you're SAYING THERE'S A CHANCE ... we can have this debate for another year!? haha

As would I. My post was by no means a declarative statement just saying his friends are lobbying him and we're not completely out of it which I thought was surprising. Have your close friends lobby him also.

Oh believe me they've done there bests

Wheatley will be at Pitt for the ND game this weekend with a handful of other top 2015 prospects.

Surprising Pitt can find time to squeeze the game visit in

It's only natural that there is a pull on Wheatley from his FM friends. Afterall, Wolfgang is well connected to the head coach at SU.;)

Wheatley will be at Pitt for the ND game this weekend with a handful of other top 2015 prospects.

I dont think syracuse has any problem having kids at games for unnofficial visits.

I think Shafer's approach is fine. They've always sold the players on relationships and a strong family-type bond. He wants the recruits to be able to hang out with the players behind-the-scenes and see how close-knit they are. After a game, especially a loss, they are beat and likely not in the best spirits. Not a good scenario for a first-time impression on a kid visiting the program.